Old January 15th 05, 05:31 PM
CW

Did you notice the word "amature" in the newsgroup title? You might want to
consult a dictionary for the definition of that word.

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Engineers who are driven by
such a penny pinching approach usually end up bankrupting their company as
their products are poor.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

Old January 15th 05, 05:37 PM
CW

Right you are, Mr. bean. Some individuals can't seem to separate their
personal from their business lives. They need to assign a dollar value to
everything. Many of these people, when not at work, do nothing as they
dismiss most leisure time activities as an inefficient waste of man-hours.

"Airy R.Bean" wrote in message
You don't seem to have the qualities that makes
for a _REAL_ Radio Ham, OM!

There are no labour costs when you do things for yourself!

There are no machining costs in cutting up a CD with a pair of scissors.

Old January 15th 05, 06:01 PM
Brian Reay

"CW" wrote in message
Did you notice the word "amature" in the newsgroup title? You might want

consult a dictionary for the definition of that word.

No. But, then again, it isn't there so I wouldn't have.

If you meant amateur, that work doesn't not mean 'bodger'. Just because you
are doing something for fun is no excuse not to do it well.

Old January 15th 05, 06:23 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:01:14 -0000, "Brian Reay"
wrote:

doing something for fun is no excuse not to do it well.

Hi OM,

The Calvinists left Britain to form the Puritans in the new world more
than 300 years ago (of course, many stayed behind to sulk during the
Restoration). Did you miss the boat?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old January 15th 05, 06:45 PM
Brian Reay

wrote:

doing something for fun is no excuse not to do it well.

Hi OM,

The Calvinists left Britain to form the Puritans in the new world more
than 300 years ago (of course, many stayed behind to sulk during the
Restoration). Did you miss the boat?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Well Richard, over the years I'm met many Americans (I am pleased to say).
I've always though they sought to do things well- even within their hobbies.
Clearly, you are the exception.

Old January 15th 05, 06:50 PM
Airy R.Bean

A couple of days ago Mr.Reay published a homily on the
undesirability of uttering rude remarks and the way in which
such remarks foment ill-feeling in the NG.....

Old January 15th 05, 07:03 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:45:05 -0000, "Brian Reay"
wrote:

Clearly, you are the exception.

Thanx for the flowers.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old January 15th 05, 08:04 PM
Jock.

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:31:11 -0800, "CW" wrote:

Did you notice the word "amature" in the newsgroup title? You might want to
consult a dictionary for the definition of that word.

Isn't in my dictionary.

Jock.

--

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)
Old January 15th 05, 08:06 PM
Jock.

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

doing something for fun is no excuse not to do it well.

Hi OM,

The Calvinists left Britain to form the Puritans in the new world more
than 300 years ago (of course, many stayed behind to sulk during the
Restoration). Did you miss the boat?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Well Richard, over the years I'm met many Americans (I am pleased to say).
I've always though they sought to do things well- even within their hobbies.
Clearly, you are the exception.

They are unerringly stupid - to a man.

Jock.

Old January 15th 05, 11:41 PM
ZZZPK

: wrote:
:
: Clearly, you are the exception.
:
: Thanx for the flowers.
:
: 73's
: Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hey Richard... if you try to put your side of the story any further he'll
'''threaten''' you with being put into his killfile.

something akin to a kindergard(t)en teacher putting the wayward kid
outside the door.