Old January 16th 05, 11:38 AM
J M Noeding

back to amateur radio and the theme "ATU capacitor",

see http://home.online.no/~la8ak/a1.htm for an idea how you can
convert an old BC capacitor to a high voltage variable capacitor for a
80 (40m) antenna tuner

LA8AK
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm
Old January 16th 05, 11:42 AM
Airy R.Bean

If you have something to contribute to the debate, then
discuss it. It is very poor debating to send your readers off
somewhere else.

Besides, I thought that you refused to participate in this NG,
uk.radio.amateur because it was populated only by those, who
in your terms, were CBers.

Are you now admitting to be a CBer?

Is, "LA8AK" some Norwidgian form of the gangrenous degeneration
that is the M3/CB Fools' Licence here in Britland?

Old January 16th 05, 12:49 PM
Spike

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:42:38 -0000, "Airy R.Bean"
wrote:

If you have something to contribute to the debate, then
discuss it. It is very poor debating to send your readers off
somewhere else.

But, of course, you have just done this very thing to someone else!

Sheesh.....
--
from
Aero Spike
Old January 16th 05, 01:15 PM
huLLy

wrote:

If you have something to contribute to the debate, then
discuss it. It is very poor debating to send your readers off
somewhere else.

But, of course, you have just done this very thing to someone else!

Sheesh.....

That doesn't register in the mind of the terminally insane...

--
huLLy
VOIP SIP Phone Number 4823176 on Global Village

Old January 16th 05, 01:57 PM
Airy R.Bean

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
All signs of insecurity. If Gareth was sure of himself he could debate /
discuss at a technical level. I can't ever actually recall him doing this.
I'm sure there will be a name for his condition, probably even treatment.

Old January 16th 05, 01:59 PM
Airy R.Bean

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Part of the problem is that people will respond to his rudeness, if you
can't ignore it kill file him. He does it to disrupt the group and he can
only do so IF WE LET HIM. If we don't let him he can't disrupt the group.
Standard behaviour management.
If we just ignore his rude posts (or the bits of his few other posts that
are rude), the problem would go away. Sometimes some of the stuff I seen
responded to recently hasn't been that bad- maybe his engineering skills

are
wanting but this is a forum to ask questions. If he could just stop being

so
rude and negative I'd happily try and help him learn.
Thing is, he seems to see every mention of failure as a reference to him.

can only assume he has very low self esteem. This does make helping him a
challenge. Pity we don't have an SEN teacher in the group- they would be
ideal to advise us on the best plan. He could draw up an IEP for him.

Old January 16th 05, 01:59 PM
Airy R.Bean

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
The CD idea falls flat as, while they may be cheap, the amount of

machining
'saved' is mininmal. I suppose if you are totally strapped for cash, out

of
work and with time on your hands, they may offer some advantage, but you
end up with a 'product' of inferior quality. Engineers who are driven by
such a penny pinching approach usually end up bankrupting their company as
their products are poor.

Old January 16th 05, 05:09 PM
Airy R.Bean

Reg - I think that you need to be aware of Noedings
disparaging remarks about this NG that prompted my
critique of him.

You do not represent me in any way, BTW.

"Airy R.Bean" is not a false name, it is a pseudonym, and is
a practice to be commended to all who have dealings with
u.r.a because of the presence of several vicious and mentally
unstable characters who vent their CB spleens herein.

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
To Jan M Noeding, a fellow European.
In this international newsgroup -
Please accept an ordinary Englishman's apologies for the obnoxious

behaviour
of a fellow human being, a disgraceful citizen with democratic voting
rights, of the United Kingdom, who writes here under the false name of

Airy
R Bean.

Old January 16th 05, 05:44 PM
Spike

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:09:16 -0000, "Airy R.Bean"
wrote:

"Airy R.Bean" is not a false name, it is a pseudonym

You forgot to mention that in your eyes you are the only one allowed
to use such a pseudonym.

You have spoken vituperatively about others who use them.

The technique is known idiomatically or colloquially as 'dog in a
manger'.
--
from
Aero Spike
Old January 16th 05, 06:41 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Airy R. Bean is known idiomatically or colloquially as a retarded ****.
--
;)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.