Old November 23rd 20, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [VK2TPM] MacBook Air M1 - not all plain sailing so far

marxy's musing on technology

MacBook Air M1 - not all plain sailing so far

http://blog.marxy.org/2020/11/macboo...ailing-so.html

As a developer, I wanted to make sure that my software runs well on the new
Apple Silicon so I ordered a MacBook Air with the M1 chip as soon as they
were announced.Overall, I'm extremely happy with the battery life and
performance of Apple's CPUs, but as an early adopter of both the new Big
Sur operating system and the new hardware, I have run in to a few issues
which I want to share.Migration

Old November 23rd 20, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 23/11/2020 00:44, VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

marxy's musing on technology

MacBook Air M1 - not all plain sailing so far

http://blog.marxy.org/2020/11/macboo...ailing-so.html

As a developer, I wanted to make sure that my software runs well on the
new Apple Silicon so I ordered a MacBook Air with the M1 chip as soon as
they were announced.Overall, I'm extremely happy with the battery life
and performance of Apple's CPUs, but as an early adopter of both the new
Big Sur operating system and the new hardware, I have run in to a few
issues which I want to share.Migration

As a professional developer I understand that you wish to keep up with a
proprietory system .
But as a simple Linux user I am happy with open source software , not
facing any hardware or software problems , in the way I use the
operating system.
Both Apple and Micro$oft ,both being very much commercial, try very hard
to protect themselves against hardware/software intruders ,hence the
regular snags.

Frank , EI7KS