Old December 2nd 08, 10:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-12-02

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-12-02
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is
a free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the latest edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available
at: http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The December issue will
be uploaded on 25 December 2008. 73 de Bernd DF2ZC

***

"FOTOS for our frontpage of MMMonVHF"
Will you please be so kind so send us some foto from your
activities, antenna systems and/or other nice snap shots to
spread for the users on MMMonVHF Frontpage (www.MMMonVHF.de)
as "DXpedition Impressions"... thanks in advance
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

One of the major meteor showers of the year, the Geminids, dominates
December’s meteor scene. Gemidids meteor rates are rather high (ZHR
around 120 hr-1) and regular year by year. Geminids maximum for 2008
s predicetd by IMO on December 13, on 23 UT. Lot of MS activity is
expected in 144 MHz band, due to concomitant BCC-MS contest. Read
more (as well about other dec. MS-Shower) he www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
The team of MMMonVHF did start to archive the past ACTIVITY-OVERVIEW´s
(PERSEIDS 2008 & OVERVIEW PDF-File & EU-MAP) and built up an ACTIVITY-
OVERVIEW´s for each upcoming showers from now on - the GEMINIDS and
BCC MS-Contest youll find at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

TODAY is the last 144 MHz NAC for 2008!
These first Tuesday of the month, will be the last Nordic Activity
Contest on 144 MHz for 2008. It will be held between 1900-2300 CET
Details at: http://www.vushf.dk/Pages/contest/contestsoz.htm

***

Gius, IT9VDQ, will be qrv at SARDINIA Island and in the BCC MS-
Contest qrv from JM48LW - RIG only 100W and a 8JXX2; limited
activity; My first 144 FSK activity from IS0
SOURCE: Gius, IS0/IT9VDQ direct to MMMonVHF

***

A group of IV3-operators will be active in MS from JN66 square
during Geminids shower - LATEST NEWS from Massimo, IV3NDC, dated
2008-11-30: RIG: 16 el. + 16 el. F9FT, LNA MGF1302, PA GS35.
Operators: Alex IV3AKZ (formerly IW0GPN), Claudio IV3DXW, Gigi IV3GTH
(a.k.a. E77GS), Massimo IV3NDC, Giuliano IV3RLB and Andrea IV3VFR.
Random operation only! SOURCE: Massimo, IV3NDC, Team of MMMonVHF

***

Berndt, DL7HR ( active on V/UHF since more than 52 years!) will be
qrv again EME and MS now with WSJT Mode. RIG will be 4 x 7 elem.
LNA from PA3BIY. PA: 750W SSPA from BEKO, HLV750, IC7400 trx, with
TCXO (required for JT65B). Read more abt hhis activity at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=9&topic=54
SOURCE: Berndt, DL7HR, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Hello, I'm looking for 70cm MS skeds (FSK441) during Geminids &
Quadrantids showers. First I wanna try sked during Geminids peek
on 13th December at +-23utc. Pse tell me what date & time would
be suitable for you. (try also look for the best time for sked at
OH5IY software - http://www.kolumbus.fi/oh5iy/radio51.zip)
For info about your activity you can use:
http://www.darkside.cz/qrv_70ms.php or
70cm DX chat http://432.uhf-dx.net/chat.php
Tips and tricks about MS on 70cm I wrote in few words at:
http://ok1teh.nagano.cz/ms_70cmlog.htm#tricks - tnx & 73 Matej
SOURCE: tnx to Matej, OK1TEH, direct to MMMonVHF

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)