Old April 20th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Searching for a component source...

I'm searching for a source/supplier for a component. I'm not looking
to buy from someone here, but simply a source for a part for a
project. It is a "through-hole" mount pushbutton switch. It needs to
be a maintained contact, push-on push-off, SPST, 5a or better rating.
The hole diameter needs to be 3/8" (of slightly less), and I'd like it
to have a rubber boot on the button to help keep water out.

Any ideas? I've been searching high and low, in digi-key, mcmaster,
radio shack, etc...but no luck. Tried every parts book I have... have
seen them in the past, but don't remember the company who made them.

Thanks,
Dave WB4IUY

Old April 20th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"Dave WB4IUY" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm searching for a source/supplier for a component. I'm not looking
to buy from someone here, but simply a source for a part for a
project. It is a "through-hole" mount pushbutton switch. It needs to
be a maintained contact, push-on push-off, SPST, 5a or better rating.
The hole diameter needs to be 3/8" (of slightly less), and I'd like it
to have a rubber boot on the button to help keep water out.

Any ideas? I've been searching high and low, in digi-key, mcmaster,
radio shack, etc...but no luck. Tried every parts book I have... have
seen them in the past, but don't remember the company who made them.

Thanks,
Dave WB4IUY

You could also try Jameco, MCM Electronics or Mouser Electronics.

Old April 20th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

It occurs to me that if you dont want to buy from "someone here" you negated
a source !
Having said that, the marine industry has many sources.....also industrial
distributers such as "Allied"....get an industrial trade publication and
request the bingo cards promoted in the rear sections.

Henry

Old April 20th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article .com,
Dave WB4IUY wrote:
I'm searching for a source/supplier for a component. I'm not looking
to buy from someone here, but simply a source for a part for a
project. It is a "through-hole" mount pushbutton switch. It needs to
be a maintained contact, push-on push-off, SPST, 5a or better rating.
The hole diameter needs to be 3/8" (of slightly less), and I'd like it
to have a rubber boot on the button to help keep water out.

The first place I would look is a marine supply place. If you are not
in a boating area, check:

http://www.westmarine.com
or
http://www.boatersworld.com

and many others.

Also check an electrical supply house or graybar: http://www.graybar.com

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L

Old April 21st 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Apr 20, 8:45 am, "Henry" wrote:
It occurs to me that if you dont want to buy from "someone here" you negated
a source !
Henry

Thanks for the info, Henry. There's an issue with the rules of this
forum with buying/selling stuff, so I just wanted to make it clear
that I was looking for the source for a part, not trying to start a
swapshop of some sort on this forum.

Thanks,
Dave Wb4IUY

Unknown Component Win Homebrew 6 July 25th 05 09:00 PM
Kit for Making PCB for SMT component Localbuyer Homebrew 12 May 14th 04 11:12 PM
Kit for Making PCB for SMT component Localbuyer Homebrew 0 May 12th 04 02:24 PM
Component search Dave Pauley Homebrew 0 February 14th 04 05:50 PM
Component search Dave Pauley Homebrew 0 February 14th 04 05:50 PM