Old April 26th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default ARRL Sweepstakes QST report

In article .com,
wrote:

It is my understanding that the move to put most of the info on the
website rather than QST has been driven by three factors:

1) Results analysis is easier on the website
2) There are more contests today
3) Complaints from noncontesters about how much QST space was being
used

And, of course, it costs much, much less to add 10 web pages to
cover more contests (or to go into depth on one contest) than it
does to add 10 magazine pages.

Patty

Old April 26th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Apr 26, 5:56 pm,
) wrote:

And, of course, it costs much, much less to add 10 web pages to
cover more contests (or to go into depth on one contest) than it
does to add 10 magazine pages.

If we carry that argument to its logical (but unsupportable)
conclusion, then we should take everything out of QST except the
advertising.

Besides, I'm not lobbying to add 10 magazine pages, but only to retain
the pages we had.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old April 26th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article .com,
wrote:
On Apr 26, 5:56 pm,
) wrote:

And, of course, it costs much, much less to add 10 web pages to
cover more contests (or to go into depth on one contest) than it
does to add 10 magazine pages.

If we carry that argument to its logical (but unsupportable)
conclusion, then we should take everything out of QST except the
advertising.

Shhhhhh! Don't let them hear you....

Besides, I'm not lobbying to add 10 magazine pages, but only to retain
the pages we had.

Many magazines have cut back on their page counts in recent years
to save on printing and mailing costs.

Patty

Old April 27th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Apr 26, 9:37 pm,
) wrote:

Many magazines have cut back on their page counts in recent years
to save on printing and mailing costs.

The BoD has to quit thinking of QST as a magazine and start treating
it like the club newsletter. That may mean raising club dues to
support a newsletter which serves all the various segments of the club
population.

73, de Hans, K0HB

ARRL Propagation Weekly Report dave Shortwave 0 March 20th 10 04:04 AM
ARRL Sunspot/Propagation Report dave Shortwave 0 January 11th 10 12:37 PM
ARRL Sweepstakes QST report [email protected] Moderated 1 April 24th 07 05:38 PM
ARRL SWEEPSTAKES Dan/W4NTI General 3 November 23rd 04 11:05 PM
Gratuitous Sweepstakes CW operating trick KØHB Policy 20 November 8th 04 08:29 PM