Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12th 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default NASA Predicts Solar Storm

On May 10, 8:07 am, wrote:
Says the coming solar maximum will be the most intense in 50+ years,
and may exceed the legendary maximum of the late 1950s:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...ing.htm?friend

73 de Jim, N2EY

For those who realize the impact the sun has on our communications,
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html is a good site to monitor.

Space Weather Warnings and Alerts from our friends at the National
Weather Service are also available.

73

--

Lloyd Colston Altus Emergency Management
Altus, OK http://www.cityofaltus.org/

solar storm a comin'! Lisa Simpson Shortwave 5 March 10th 06 11:52 PM
Major Solar Storm underway radioman390 Shortwave 2 May 16th 05 02:37 PM
Effects of solar storm on VHF gil Shortwave 8 November 1st 03 02:36 PM
Effect of solar storm on VHF gil Swap 3 November 1st 03 03:14 AM
Solar storm Steveo CB 0 October 24th 03 03:03 PM