Old September 30th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default TVI from my laptop PS

I'm getting TVI when I connect my laptop to it's charger/PS. Strangely
enough, the TVI doesn't happen when the power supply is plugged in but
not connected to the laptop.

Please pass along your experiences and solutions.

TIA.

73,

Bill W1AC

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)

Old October 1st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"Bill Horne" wrote in message
t...
I'm getting TVI when I connect my laptop to it's charger/PS. Strangely
enough, the TVI doesn't happen when the power supply is plugged in but
not connected to the laptop.

Please pass along your experiences and solutions.

Is the radio connected to the laptop too?

Old October 2nd 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

JB wrote:
"Bill Horne" wrote in message
t...
I'm getting TVI when I connect my laptop to it's charger/PS. Strangely
enough, the TVI doesn't happen when the power supply is plugged in but
not connected to the laptop.

Please pass along your experiences and solutions.

Is the radio connected to the laptop too?

No, it's literally Television Interference: I see banding on my analog
TV, which uses rabbit ears.

Bill, W1AC

Old October 2nd 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"Bill Horne" wrote in message
t...
JB wrote:
"Bill Horne" wrote in message
t...
I'm getting TVI when I connect my laptop to it's charger/PS. Strangely
enough, the TVI doesn't happen when the power supply is plugged in but
not connected to the laptop.

Please pass along your experiences and solutions.

Is the radio connected to the laptop too?

No, it's literally Television Interference: I see banding on my analog
TV, which uses rabbit ears.

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)

Good excuse to get rid of the rabbit ears. Go to an outside antenna for
more signal, and to get away from the various noises from appliances in the
house.

It may be from the power pack, then you could substitute another and see,
but most likely from the charging circuit in the computer that uses a ramp
voltage and is radiated from the frame of the computer. This shows up as
lines of dots. What happens if you pull the battery when using it? If it is
diagonal bars, it may be from a clock in the computer. Either way you are
probably screwed.

WTB: Cheap Laptop PC Frank Swap 5 February 1st 09 07:53 PM
FS: Compaq Laptop RadAct Swap 0 October 17th 05 03:01 PM
Laptop aunwin Antenna 1 June 23rd 04 04:41 AM
WTT: Index Lab QRP+ for Laptop Tony Hwang Swap 0 February 2nd 04 02:17 AM
FS Laptop, Bird 43, MFJ 949 Rich Carlson, N9JIG Swap 0 July 17th 03 01:55 AM