Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 15th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Vista, Win 7

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:36:11 EDT, KØHB wrote:

My old shack/office/development computer needs to be replaced.

My ham applications are WriteLog, Logger32, microHAM Router, and tQSL
(LoTW).

Are there any showstoppers if I buy something with Vista Home Premium
installed, and upgrade to Windows 7 in the future. (No, I'm not interes

ted
in retrograding to XP).

73, de Hans, K0HB

Check with the authors of your ham apps to see if they will upgrade
them to Win 7, and if so, when. It sometimes takes a while for apps
to be upgraded.

All of the reviews I've seen about Windows 7 say that it is much
better that Vista.

Dick, AC7EL

DLPORTIO for Vista SMØIMJ Equipment 1 August 19th 07 07:00 PM
FW: New Yahoo!group - Vista-Ham Iitoi General 0 August 10th 07 01:35 AM
FYI: How To Enable Telnet on IE 7.0 and Vista The Shadow Dx 4 July 29th 07 06:28 PM
Anybody tried 4nec2 on Vista ? 4nec2 Antenna 8 July 8th 07 04:06 AM
FS: Garmin Vista GPS - Like New - $200.00 Shipped Jason Equipment 2 January 12th 04 07:28 PM