Old December 2nd 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default HF interference from WiFi router

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:09:06 EST, "Andy" wrote:

they trasmit on the 2Ghz band and they use NON inonazing wireless signals.
havent tried listeing on its band yet to see what it might do.
herd it causes problems with some radios ect.

Is that the same 2.4 GHz band which is used for wireless networks? If
so, the smart meter may interfere with your Internet connection.

In my small town, many people receive somewhat-high-speed (500 kb/s)
Internet over the air at 2.4 GHz using a point-to-point version of
Wi-Fi. Smart electric meters may interfere with that.

Currently, my electric company can read my meter remotely, using
signalling around 60 Hz, so that it will pass through transformers.
This is a rural area with lots of distance between houses, so the
remote reading save the company a lot of money. I signed up for an
free energy audit; when the company rep arrived, he brought with him
an hour-by-hour readout of my electric usage for the previous 2 weeks.

Dick

HF interference from WiFi router Bert Hyman Equipment 9 June 19th 08 06:41 PM
Is it possible to stream audio from a computer to a good wifi router australia.radio.broadcast.moderated - Shortwave 0 August 22nd 07 05:14 PM
router question snow Shortwave 7 January 30th 05 04:22 AM
Wireless Router EMI Richard F. Gillette P.E., (W9PE) Homebrew 8 July 29th 03 04:25 AM
Wireless Router EMI Richard F. Gillette P.E., (W9PE) Homebrew 0 July 28th 03 02:41 PM