Old June 3rd 16, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Limburger conditions

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Limburger conditions

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=e mail

I've been fortunate enough the past few days to be able to head outside to
the Jeep during lunch. Unfortunately, band conditions in my area have been
akin to Limburger cheese ..... kind of on the stinky side.

I heard only one signal on 17 Meters and that was a Stateside station
calling "CQ DX". 20 Meters was largely dead, although John ON4UN was
busting through with a 599 signal. Considering the amount of aluminum he
has hanging in the air, that's no surprise. I've worked him several times
and was tempted to try again, but he was looking for NA DX and I highly
doubt he needed another QSO from that rarest of States, New Jersey.

The lack of signals was so bad that I even ventured up into the SSB portion
of the band to hear what I could hear. Not much there, either. Other than
one XYL telling her friend about her car's recent mechanical troubles, I
heard one or two Italian stations and that was about it.

No NPOTA stations, no SOTA stations, no QRP stations were heard. Calling
CQ for a few minutes, yielded nothing, either.

I hate days like this, although it's days like this that make me appreciate
K3WWP's streak even more.

SMH

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

The nighttime conditions are even below the shouldbe daytime conditions ! Dogon Antenna 0 July 30th 14 03:51 PM
Conditions - Again DeWayne Shortwave 0 November 17th 05 03:02 AM
conditions Doug Smith W9WI Dx 14 October 26th 04 05:43 AM
DX Conditions Dr.X CB 8 September 8th 04 12:46 AM
DX'ing conditions bad all over ??? Michael Shortwave 11 August 28th 03 03:02 AM