Old September 26th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

Opus- wrote:

SNIPPED

I'm not, nor will I ever. If code means associating with bigots like
you, then I want no part of it. Much rather talk to civilized people.

Then we will gladly acknowledge that you desire to leave this NG.

We don't need the profanity, the attitude and the whimpering.

All in favor, say AYE! ...

Old September 27th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:43:52 -0400, Dave spake
thusly:

Opus- wrote:

SNIPPED

I'm not, nor will I ever. If code means associating with bigots like
you, then I want no part of it. Much rather talk to civilized people.

Then we will gladly acknowledge that you desire to leave this NG.

Are you saying that there are no civilized people in this newsgroup?
Talk about attitude.

We don't need the profanity, the attitude and the whimpering.

Then tell the pro-coders to quit insulting and labeling people.

All in favor, say AYE! ...

Nay.
Old September 27th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:15:45 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Dave wrote in
:

Opus- wrote:

SNIPPED

I'm not, nor will I ever. If code means associating with bigots like
you, then I want no part of it. Much rather talk to civilized people.

Then we will gladly acknowledge that you desire to leave this NG.

We don't need the profanity, the attitude and the whimpering.

All in favor, say AYE! ...

Aye.

What are YOU saying "aye" for? YOU'RE the bigot.

Old September 29th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Made Extra in 1995 and had to do 20wpm. I did it and have NEVER used CW
since and have no intention to ever do so..even if "someone is dying!"
IMHO it is an outdated requirement and will/should be dropped altogether
very very soon....

"Nada Tapu" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:23:03 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Or just lazy people out?

Sc

It certainly didn't keep me out, and I wasn't all that crazy about
learning it, either.

NT

Old September 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Barry OGrady wrote in
:

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:54:46 -0500, Nada Tapu wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:23:03 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Or just lazy people out?

Sc

It certainly didn't keep me out, and I wasn't all that crazy about
learning it, either.

More to the point, are there more licensed amateurs since the code
requirement was removed years ago?

No, numbers are decreasing because ham radio has been dumbed down so
having a ham license isn't worth anything anymore and people are leaving.

SC
Old September 30th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Slow Code wrote:
No, numbers are decreasing because ham radio has been dumbed down so
having a ham license isn't worth anything anymore and people are leaving.

Therefore, if the ARS required MENSA membership, there would
be more hams?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 30th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Cecil Moore wrote:
Slow Code wrote:

No, numbers are decreasing because ham radio has been dumbed down so
having a ham license isn't worth anything anymore and people are leaving.

Therefore, if the ARS required MENSA membership, there would
be more hams?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Guys don't have mensas. If they did, this would be called the "Women's
League of Coders."

;^)

shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
178 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 November 22nd 04 03:49 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Shortwave 0 June 25th 04 07:32 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews General 0 June 25th 04 07:29 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM