Old November 4th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default 10 questions about Canada

I have "a" question regarding "Canada". I went to McDonalds last night and
when I bought a meal, they had something referring to a "survey" listed -
they wanted folks to participate in and have chances to win prizes. In that
text, they made mention of "Canadians" being welcome also - except for the
Providence of Quebec - I believe. BUT - they had also stated someting to the
effect that the "Canadians" had to submit to a "special skills question".
What the hell is up with that? Is McDs claiming Canadians are stupid? I'm
curious as to WHAT type of "special skills question" AND WHY? That text made
NO mention of Americans having to be subjected to the same "skills". Why
didn't they include say China, Japan, Russia, etc.... where other McDs may
be? Why not the Americans? WHY single out the Canadians?

That has to be one of the "dumbest" things I've ever heard of - and for a
"major" corporation to be doing so - is downright weird as hell. It wouldn't
surprise me if the Canadians started to "Boycott" McDs. I sure wouldn't
blame them!

McDs, not only have I been growing tired of your food and last night may
have been my last visit, now you're going to chase people away with your
"Bias". THAT was PLAIN IGNORANT.

Old November 4th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

In rec.radio.amateur.policy Radiosrfun wrote:
[...]

Perhaps because, as in many states in the US, drawings are concidered
gambling and are illegal so they make it a legal contest by asking who is
buried in Grant's tomb and pick the winner from the correct answers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old November 4th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
[...]

You've got it right. By the way, just in case someone ever
asks me,
who IS buried in Grant's tomb ? k35454.

Old November 4th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"k35454" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

You "could" be right, but it still seems weird, in that you're not
"technically" gambling. Just "replying" to a "survey" and are made eligible
to win prizes by doing so. I guess it is a matter of how thin you want to
split the hair.

Old November 4th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Radiosrfun wrote:
I have "a" question regarding "Canada". I went to McDonalds last night and
when I bought a meal, they had something referring to a "survey" listed -
they wanted folks to participate in and have chances to win prizes. In that
text, they made mention of "Canadians" being welcome also - except for the
Providence of Quebec - I believe.

That occurs often. It may have something to do with Quebec regulations
on the issue f draws. At the very least, participants cannot be
employees of the company or their family members.

BUT - they had also stated someting to the
effect that the "Canadians" had to submit to a "special skills question".
What the hell is up with that? Is McDs claiming Canadians are stupid? I'm
curious as to WHAT type of "special skills question" AND WHY? That text made
NO mention of Americans having to be subjected to the same "skills". Why
didn't they include say China, Japan, Russia, etc.... where other McDs may
be? Why not the Americans? WHY single out the Canadians?

It's not the fault of McDonalds but it is a Canadian statute. Any
Canadian entering a draw is usually required to answer a time-limited
skill-resting question usually a simple mathematical question.

That has to be one of the "dumbest" things I've ever heard of - and for a
"major" corporation to be doing so - is downright weird as hell. It wouldn't
surprise me if the Canadians started to "Boycott" McDs. I sure wouldn't
blame them!

McDs, not only have I been growing tired of your food and last night may
have been my last visit, now you're going to chase people away with your
"Bias". THAT was PLAIN IGNORANT.

McDonalds food is scary stuff - you won't miss it!

JB

Old November 4th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
[...]

Even with a question like that there is still no hope of a canuck ever
winning.

SC
Old November 4th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"John Barnard" wrote in message
Radiosrfun wrote:
[...]

I'll buy your reasoning as to the Canadians having to do that "skill test",
but I still think it is STUPID! Oh well.
As to the food, I'm less tolerant of it as of late, thus fewer trips.

Old November 9th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

John Barnard wrote in

Slow Code wrote:
John Barnard wrote in

Slow Code wrote:
"k35454" wrote in
news
"Slow Code" wrote in message
k.net...
John Barnard wrote in

Slow Code wrote:
"ve3..." wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006 12:04:29 -0700, "ve3..."
wrote:
""'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''
'' '' ' '
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''
'' '' ' ' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Why don't you
work on US problems instead of trolling around in matters you
don't understand? You just lost the Fifth Amendment today,
your Constitution is being dismantled weekly, and you have
serious problems such as finances, immigration, and loss of
industry.
ok man get some therapy
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""
"" "" " "" """
I have no objection to Americans discussing Canada my problem is
the abysmal ignorance of Canadian affairs found in the huge
majoruty of Americans. At least I have lived in the US for a
time and have a passing knowledge of things there...just enough
to know how little I know. Check your knowledge of Canada
(1) What is the population of Canada.
(2) What are the "founding nations"
(3) What are the official languages
(4)What are the ten provinces
(5)Who is the Prime Minister
(6)Who are the candidates for leadership of the Liberal party
(7)Which is bigger: Ontario or Texas.
(8)How many provinces can you name.
(9)How many Canadians are fighting in Afghanistan
(10) Why aren't there any Canadians fighting in Iraq

I wrote these of the top of my head as being things that
Canadians would know. If you can answer most of these questions,
you would have enough knowledge to discuss Canadian topics. I
will supply the answers if there is any interest.
(11) What do you call a Cannuk with an I.Q. of a hundred?

A province.

SC

The correct answer is: Smarter than Slow Code, DxAss and Cuhulin
combined.

JB
Ah, John, I see your back from the mental hospital. That standing
in line for health care must really suck.

SC

Even if the Health Services were that way, it would
still be
better
than standing in line to be inducted into "national service" for
Iraq. k35454.

It's a just cause. People volunteer. Re-enlistments are up! Feels
good to be an American.

SC

Creating a new breeding ground for terrorists is a just cause? You
really are slow, aren't you?

JB

And Canada must be a breeding ground for idiots.

Here's a plan:

We'll defeat the terrorists,

Only a fool dreams of the impossible. You might want to get some meds to
bring you back to reality.

It's only impossible if you're a Canadian, and you might try to lay off
the drugs so you can see what reality looks like. Now go hump a moose.

SC

Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness K4YZ Policy 454 September 18th 05 02:09 AM
"Typos", Wogie??? Lloyd 2 Policy 7 June 24th 05 06:15 AM
What makes the toad a better person? KC8GXW Policy 0 May 21st 05 07:09 PM