Old December 16th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No More Element 1

wrote in message
ps.com...
FCC announced today that Element 1, the 5 wpm Morse Code test, will no
longer be required for
any class of US amateur license. Technicians will get Technician Plus
privileges.

See news item on

www.fcc.gov

The effective date of this change isn't clear but should be soon.

73 de Jim, N2EY

at laest now I can finaly bring my cursade to hf finaly an roberson cant stp
me this time. tood wil be glad two have me abroad on thi isue. we will shunt
dopwn nim buster two
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old December 16th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 02:13:24 GMT, "U-Know-Who"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On 15 Dec 2006 17:34:45 -0800, wrote:

FCC announced today that Element 1, the 5 wpm Morse Code test, will no
longer be required for
any class of US amateur license. Technicians will get Technician Plus
privileges.

See news item on

www.fcc.gov

The effective date of this change isn't clear but should be soon.

73 de Jim, N2EY

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Didn't you already know that, duffus?

Tom yesterday evening was the first sabbat of Hanukah as I was leading
services I spent the day preparing for that

show-na-to-va (that is the greeting for this time of year as JEW rendered
phonicticaly)
happy new years it means and it can be better one if Wismen Robson and SC a
few just decided to not to be as hateful with the punce gotcha

I lerned of the news when I logged and checked RRAP
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old December 17th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On 15 Dec 2006 17:34:45 -0800, wrote:

FCC announced today that Element 1, the 5 wpm Morse Code test, will no
longer be required for
any class of US amateur license. Technicians will get Technician Plus
privileges.

See news item on

www.fcc.gov

The effective date of this change isn't clear but should be soon.

As I'm sure many of us are already aware, the procedure with these
things is that the rule changes take effect 30 days after they have
been publisheds in the Federal Register. Once the R&O shows up in the
Federal Register, the 30-day countdown begins.

On Day 31, presumably, those who hold a Technician Class license
without Element 1 credit gain some operating privileges on HF, and the
rest of us have the opportunity to add some new callsigns to our logs.

John D. Kasupski, KC2HMZ
Tonawanda, New York
http://kc2hmz.net
Old December 18th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default More Brain Bouncing Blindly

wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

I'm seriously converted to Xnews! You might want to give it a try. It even
converted *this* group to hetero (at least I didn't have to see it) ;^)
They can keep changin their names, but Xnews makes pretty short work of
'em.

Hello Mike. I guess you didn't do the BBS thing after all, and have
used "Xnews" to rehabilitate this newsgroup. So what alias have you
been posting under?

As for aliases, why are you still not signing YOUR posts, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

Old December 18th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default More Morkie Mularkie

wrote:
On 18 Dec 2006 03:52:43 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

I'm seriously converted to Xnews! You might want to give it a try. It even
converted *this* group to hetero (at least I didn't have to see it) ;^)
They can keep changin their names, but Xnews makes pretty short work of
'em.

Hello Mike. I guess you didn't do the BBS thing after all, and have
used "Xnews" to rehabilitate this newsgroup. So what alias have you
been posting under?

As for aliases, why are you still not signing YOUR posts, Brain?

ore desperate diverasion steve

A WHAT, Morkie...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

Who are the FISTS members on RRAP? William Policy 378 December 7th 04 11:25 AM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Scaling yagi antennas Richard Antenna 3 June 6th 04 12:38 PM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate HF according to FCC Rules JJ General 159 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Tech+ to General upgrade question N2EY Policy 5 July 6th 03 04:43 AM