Old January 1st 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Change in ARS numbers Pool - Guesses added 12/30/06 - edited.

wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:01:57 -0500, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Okay, John, be prepared to be in Dee's "killfile." She
doesn't care for those who are Un-politically correct.
:-)

I'd be crushed ... but, then again, I have gotten over worse.

I've never killfiled anyone over being politically incorrect. I happen to
enjoy a spirited debate so long as it does not descend to name calling and
snide remarks. I don't do it myself and won't tolerate those who do for
very long. That is precisely why I have kill filed Morgan and Anderson.
Neither one is able to continue a discussion without stooping to such
tactics. Once name calling and snide remarks enter the discussion it is
both boring and pointless to continue. I make every effort to avoid being
sucked into such an exchange.

but you fail and enage in name calling such lessor classes and
inferior classes

you just a hypocrite

There's some truth to that. Dee has publicly announced that she
"killfiled" me. :-)

Once, before the announcement of FCC 06-178, anyone against
morse code testing was publicly labeled "politically incorrect"
and called names, indeed personally insulted, by several
amateur extras in here. I'd be hard put to label Dee as a
full hypocrite, only a partial one. She has encouraged the use
of morse code on amateur radio and gone into "suggestions"
on how to be a good morseperson. shrug

I've not had a reason to kill file you yet and hopefully never will have a
reason. That we disagree in our points of view makes for stimulating
discussions. It would be rather boring if everyone agreed all the time
don't you think?

This "pool" is basically some nattering among the
morse mavens and/or a means of making nice-nice with
chatty messaging on a subject nobody can accurately
predict. I think it's supposed to be like the hostess
at a party being very busy with nagging everyone to
have a good time. :-)

Well, yeah, I can see the similarity you point out ...

As previously stated, I want everyone to pay attention. A pool does that. I
do not pretend that anyone can really predict it either. I have clearly
labelled them as guesses. It would be wonderful if the optomists are right.

This "pool" *IS* a means to belittle non-coders. Look
at the past in he Dee is an avowed OOK CW morse-
person. She isn't about to suddenly embrace a landmark
change in elimination of the code test with enthusiasm.

Yes. Pretty obvious, huh? Makes you wonder why some find it so hard to
get that little point--suppose we are just gifted? Maybe we escaped the
"dumbing down" of ham radio. I knew that incessant habit of banging that
key for hours on end would do some type of damage--now in looking back,
who would have supposed it would have done that much brain damage? Ya'
think the surgeon general should make 'em put a warning on side of the box
the key comes in?

It's amazing to me that people refer to me as a morseperson. Not even half
my contacts happen to be morse. In addition, I hate the "politically
correct" suffix of "-person" in any application. As my father used to say,
it is putting the em-PHA-sis on the wrong syl-LA-ble. The suffix "-man"
simply carries the older meaning of human being. Personally I think we
should go back to the term "werman" which was the term for the males just
like "woman" was the term for the females. Somehow the prefix on "werman"
was dropped.

Looking back at my own life, I've never cared whether I was "politically
correct" or not. I have always had my own goals and worked toward them. I
did not let me direct me towards what they thought I should do or like.

[snip]
She will be...and that's no guess or logic. Dee knows
what is best for amateur radio. Anything new or
revolutionary gets placed in her killfile where she
won't see it...after her trying to spank the "kiddies"
who dare speak against her. :-(

LA

You might be right, perhaps she has smoked the opium pipe much too often
with 'em

Warmest regards,
JS

Well now you see Len's tactics of insulting and denigrating anyone who
disagrees with him rather than debating the subject. I've never said that I
know what is best for amateur radio. However like everyone here (including
Anderson), I'm entitled to express my opinion and have a right to ignore
those who are incapable of debating without stooping to insults, name
calling, denigration, etc.

Okay, so "Len" is charged with some kind of heinous "crime" in
not adhering rigidly to the Good Book as sanctified by the ARRL.
[am I to say 20 Hail Hirams, go and sin no more? :-)]

On this first day of 2007 in the USA, all anyone need do is to
read the posts by morse mavens in this newsgrope who are very
very busy with "stooping to insults, name calling, denigration."
Lots of them, no need to repost what was posted today.

I've had many pleasant exchanges with Kim (W5TIT) even though we disagree on
almost everything. Alun (N3KIP) and I also disagree on many issues yet our
debates are very enjoyable.

REAL debate is "enjoyable" only if there is "agreement" on a
point of view of one side or the other. Too bad for 3Ms, FCC
06-178 has already been announced and that will be that.

NOW we will see who is the most-holy, self-righteous person
inhabiting this Din of Inequity!

All I gotta say is that retribution is mighty sweet! :-)

LA

So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool? robert casey Policy 115 January 9th 07 12:28 PM
Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio? Slow Code Policy 287 November 14th 06 12:55 AM
TrunkPCR version 0.8.200 Now Available CrazyC Scanner 0 September 23rd 06 04:52 AM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM