Old January 25th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Feb 23 is the No-code date

now these teh scarcasm does over floow bound a bit JS

Mark:

Don't knock sarcasm!

chuckle
Regards,
JS
Old January 25th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 25, 8:41 am, John Smith I wrote:
wrote: ...

My read on the Cranky Spanky is twofold: The guy is a control freak
trying to get a "rep" as all-seeing, all-knowing guru; he is trying to
button-push certain others so that they get "wound up" and say real
nasty things that would allow him to go crying to Google for help to
have the nasties banned forever and ever. :-)

...Len:

Like I say, I kinda like it when you disagree with me, gives me a chance
to see a different perspective on things. And, logical analysis is
never discouraged here ...

"Never discouraged?!?" You've GOT to be kidding!

In watching these floundering gods of morse blabber old League
sayings back and forth, the ONLY "logical analysis" ALLOWED
is that of the god-given truths from the bible of the Church of
St. Hiram. All else is heretical, blasphemy. Ptui.

While he is indeed a control freak and would like to bring all others
into agreement with him (wouldn't you just have hated to have been one
of his children!) I think his text relates strongly to his
disappointment and his unwillingness to bring himself into alignment
with reality.

I will agree with that. Yassuh.

Like I have said in past times, a relatively few strong willed
individuals have been in control and at the helm of amateur radios'
destiny. Now the ship has run ground from having such ill fitting
captains. It could have been much more (amateur radio), and composed of
enough individuals to have been able to survive. This never happened,
others constantly warned them along the way. And, they were especially
warned of the danger of keeping amateur radio a "good ole' boys club"
and using morse as a limiting factor in allowing new licensees.

Absolutely. Had Philips "invented" their wearable LED display
shirts years ago, they would have been bought up for all the
olde-tyme morsemen to walk around with them, announcing
they were Gods of Radio. [see latest issue of IEEE Spectrum
for "winners and losers" in electrical-electronic technology with
Philips (of the Netherlands) having a very rare for them loser
product]

So, mankind went on and invented the internet. Now the internet
overflows the world and has become TREMENDOUSLY IMPORTANT, an example is
this newsgroup right here. And, the internets' appetite is
ever-increasing hungry for bandwidth--something amateur radio just has
laying around.

Ahem...ham radio ain't no "starting point" for any Internet. The
Internet was a logical progression of humans' need to
communicate, much much aided by solid-state technology
and Information Theory and general computer thechnology.

Look at cellular telephony which got a head start on the
Internet. Four years ago the US Census Bureau made a
public statement that one in three Americans had a cell
phone subscription. Little two-way radios tied into the
telephone system. One in three. That's like 100 million
cellphones in the USA alone. Consumer electronics stores
are having a profitable ball selling the things. The electronics
industry trade magazines have been featuring cellphone base
station technology and components. At the same time,
amateur radio "men" could only preserve their testosterone
if they tested for morse code?!?!?

The rest is my psychic prediction--the internet will consume amateur
radios' bandwidth--end of story.

Well, I look at it a bit differently. Unless US amateur radio
GROWS UP to face the new millennium, amateur radio of
the "hold back the dawn" leadership will simply consume
itself. It was already started.

Maybe...just maybe...FCC 06-178 can throw some water on
the dying embers of what was once US amateur radio. It could
rise like the Phoenix from the ashes. Maybe. At least it is
COLD water that might wake a few of these olde-tymers up.
Most will not, though, mumbling through toothless gums
about the Greater Glory of Morsemanship and how it once
saveed the Titanic in 1912.

The rest of mankind's quest for intercommunications goes on.
The Internet is just one facet. Self-amplifying fiber-optic cable
now spans the world's oceans with Gigabit data rates, the
equatorial communication satellites orbit spaces were all
filled years ago, DATA rules the exchange of written words,
and non-radio-civilians can roam supermarket aisles talking
back home about special product prices and asking if they
should get those instead of what they had on the list. GPS
for civilians can almost pinpoint which aisle they are in, a
system that the USN pioneered beginning three decades ago.
TV viewers are beginning to catch up with beautiful video and
wonderful sound through HDTV.

While all that is happening all around, the olde-tymers are
busy ordering all that the only "good" radio man is one that
is expert with morse code and will "always" get an amateur
radio license to "prove his worth and dedication!"

Amateur radio chiefs are still vainly holding back the dawn of
new ages (plural) for all they are worth. It's like some weird
Amish quasi-religious movement limiting all technology fixed
in the standards and practices of the 1930s, forever
worshipping the PAST.

[now watch all the Amatur Standartenfuhrers hitch up their
armbands, march in with their jackboots, and try to pull off
a Krystallnacht on those not loving the olde tymes... :-) ]

LA

Old January 25th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 25, 8:46*am, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:* ... * *All them old extras are a law unto themselves.* ...

Len:

Those OTs' lied, deceived and lead-astray new licensees. *Worse, they
brain washed 'em into the good ole boys club.

Now, they sit and watch the whole darn thing falling apart. *Since the
old lies and deception used to work so well in the past, they are slow
to give up the old methods which no longer work. *They are at a loss,
they are helpless, they are attempting to re-group.

Heh. "Re-group?" Like headless chickens in a barrel. :-)

So far all the Reichsfuhrers in here have done is attempting
button-pushing of individuals, emphasizing their "flaws" and
"moral indecencies." :-)

The Gods of Olde-Tyme (amateur) radio not only have clay
feet but clay brains. But, they claim "SUPERIORITY!" :-)

Cordials all around,
LA

Old January 25th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

the forces for good could use your help Len on air and you might have
fun doing it
LA

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark:

You have been subjected to their thought-control, you are falling
victim, wake up man!

LAY DOWN THE OPIUM PIPE AND STEP AWAY! just kidding

Too late, "I dream of Jeanie" has escaped the bottle, the horse has fled
the barn the fat lady has sung ...

Warmest regards,
JS

Old January 25th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Heh. "Re-group?" Like headless chickens in a barrel. :-)

Len:

Now you are beginning to amaze me, almost as shocking as Cecil!

Damn Len, that sentence is deserving of Hemingway!

SERIOUSLY-BUSTING-A-GUT
Warmest regards,
JS

Old January 25th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

ITs the end of thw rold as we know it and IFEEL FINE
Warmest regards,
JS

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark:

Well, due to an old shoulder injury here, it gives me a bit of a problem
from time to time. Blood pressure a bit high--easily controlled by
medication. Few odd aches and pains--suppose being 54 is mostly the
cause of that.

But yeah, feel pretty good here too ...

chuckle
Warmest regards,
JS
Old January 25th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

a quetion if you would be so kind are you personaly directed afftected
by the R&O as I am?
chuckle
Warmest regards,
JS

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark:

Mark, any reference to my license, if indeed I have any, would begin to
erode my anonymity. (but, do have a drivers license) chuckle

Now, if you are asking whether I would upgrade "if" I am a licensee?

Yes, I think I would ... grin

Warmest regards,
JS
Old January 25th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

was just curious I do wonder around around wether I am truly the only
poster that the issues in fact affects it is an interesting state of
affairs
Warmest regards,
JS

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark:

I knew of your call before I came here ... some others too!
look-of-distaste

Hmmm, sounds like you are already picking out a spot for that "EXTRA"
piece of paper?

Regards,
JS
Old January 25th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Wouldn't it be cool to have (whenever possible) a small station set
up at exams? Even a FT817 and a miracle whip antenna. Get the successful
testees the chance to get their first QSO as a new Ham. Start the
Elmering process right away. At that point the plain speech ham can give
their opinion on how to talk, and the HIHI ham can do the same, without
affecting the test process.

You'd need to have a stack of callsigns that could be handed out to the
successful test takers. Like the stack of license plates at the DMV
when you register a car you just bought.

Or a control operator could let the new ham without callsign try his
legs on the air, but it really wouldn't be his first real contact. He'd
use the control op's callsign.