Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Sad Story

On Feb 8, 4:28 pm, Paul W. Schleck wrote:
In .com writes:

KA7EVD or Andy Devine WB^RER do? Then there's always Brigadier General
Jimmy Stewart N6KGB . . want the rest of the list?

N6KGB was not the actor credited as Jimmy Stewart ("It's a Wonderful
Life", "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", etc.). However, he was an actor,
who appeared in credits by another name, Stewart Granger:

Yup, I got myself twisted around my own axle on this one and I stand
corrected. Interesting tale though. There were two well-known screen
actors whose given names were James Stewart. One was a Brit and was
N6KGB the other was a Pennsylvania-born USAF reserve flag officer who
was not a radio amateur. This link explains it nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Granger

A question in my mind is whether Mike Griffin's (Dr. Michael D.
Griffin, NASA Director and NR3A) hormonally disturbed Robochick will
make the list. How 'bout a list of infamous hams . . ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001289/

I recommend him in "King Solomon's Mines" and "Prisoner of Zenda."

w3rv