Old February 18th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:11:53 -0500, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:

Then you know

Yes, I do. A PO Box can be for an individual, a business, or a household.

In
the case of the latter do, multiple individuals may receive mail there.

you were a household with Jeff?

hmm and does the ban aply to the USCG

Why don't you go to QRZ and ask, Mark? Oh, wait. You can't....

Old February 18th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Then you know

Yes, I do. A PO Box can be for an individual, a business, or a household. In
the case of the latter do, multiple individuals may receive mail there.

Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

How do you plead?

BTW, there was a 12th callsign at your street address issued
to a YL.

There never has been "12" callsigns. Try counting again.

Don't you trust
her to keep your mail from stacking up or blowing away?

Nope. Living on a rural route, my mailbox gets destroyed at least twice a
winter by snowplows.

Again, "Mark" and your PO Box are not the subject of this discussion.
Hermann's box in Hawaii is.

Irrelevant.

Not irrelevant. The subject is Hermann's PO Box in Hawaii.

You claim it is "illegal" and "fraudulent" to have multiple
people use the same PO box. There was no such regulation codified in the
regulations in the late 90's. Nor is there any such regulation, for that
matter, codified today.

So basically, until charges are filed, no crime has occurred.

If a "crime" was being committed, without a doubt the PostMaster would be
the first to notice it, and, without a doubt, bring it to my attention (or,
alert the appropriate authorities), since I see him at least twice a month.

Almost interesting. Most any other DF club seems to be able to get by
with the callsign of the beacon owner with a "stroke B" to indicate
that its a beacon.

I prefer to have a separate, dedicated callsign, for beacon transmissions.

Did you have 12 beacons?

Sounds like "Hot Water" and "Cold Feet." Greed cost Mike a friend.

You're privvy to our friendship too? Wow. You're really psychic. Can I have
tonite's lotto #'s too while you're at it?

Old February 18th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 17, 9:21 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
spewed forth the following excrement:

you were a household with Jeff?

Although I'm sure you're sitting there fondling yourself at the thought,
Morkie... The reality is that any group of people, related or not, can
consist of a "household". For example, when I was in college, several of us
shared an apartment. A "household".

Which one of you claimed "head of household" on your taxes?

Old February 18th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 17, 9:28 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
and yet you did not live with him

Did I or Didn't I?

Did you?

Well, I guess that's really nobody's business but my own now, is it, much
the same way the exact sex of your "wife" is your business, right?

Why did a guy that you were living with write a letter to the FCC
instead of just telling you to get you to get out of his house and out
of his PO Box???

Old February 18th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 17, 9:01 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 17, 5:56?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:
You could have looked them up on-line. ?No need to make claims of
receiving them at Hermann's PO Box.

lol. more fabricated Brain nonsense.

Hah. More fabricated Mikey D nonsense. PROVE to the
court your HEARSAY "evidence" of "receiving them in
Hawaii."

LA

He'd have to lie some more, and he's beginning to think he's reached
the end of his rope. Hoping Riley doesn't read this stuff.

Jeff should never have loaned out his PO Box, and is probably all
puckered up right now.

Old February 18th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 18, 12:37 am, "
wrote:
On Feb 17, 6:52?pm, wrote:

On Feb 17, 9:07 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:
?Hah. ?More fabricated Mikey D nonsense. ?PROVE to the
?court your HEARSAY "evidence" of "receiving them in
? Hawaii."

The only thing you have in common with a judge, Lennie, is you drool and
fall asleep in your chair.

It is funny (and yet, pathetic at the same time) to see how Brian's mental
gyrations continuously concoct new conspiracy theories on how I got my
callsign(s).

Pretty soon, he'll have me hacking into ULS or perhaps bribing government
officials.to assign myself only the best, choice callsigns available. Maybe
the PostMaster in Hawaii was in on it too! GASP! Horrors!

This guy is unrepetent. ?He'll get the maximum penalty.

Tsk. Another excellent representative of US amateur extras
(code-tested variety) showing the world how "good" they
are. No wonder the amateur licensee numbers have been
dropping.

Unrepentant (or unrepentent) seems an apt descriptor. They
feel they can do anything, say anything because they are
code-tested extras.

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

However, in Mikey D's case, he doesn't have either the
smarts or guts to hack into any government websites.

What he did was a simple confidence-game routine, little
more than petty fraud, taking advantage of too many
amateurs for the FCC to effectively monitor them on
application. That, and snowing his co-conspirator in
Hawaii, putting him at risk of his license.

No mas. Mike is the Alpha Male of that "household." Jeff's callsign
can be sacrificed.

Brian, he's just a little OJ-wannabe, but without the knife
or glove. Lovely representative of professional football
(OJ) or amateur radio (MD). Let him have his "glory" of
putting something over on the government. His stain on
the hobby will never be removed.

LA

Goes with the "RF Commando" mentality. Maybe he even practices spin-
kicks like Lone Wolf McQualude? Why does this guy remind me so much
of Robesin?

Old February 18th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Then you know

Yes, I do. A PO Box can be for an individual, a business, or a household. In
the case of the latter do, multiple individuals may receive mail there.

Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

For the entire time I lived overseas, my U.S. mailing address, as far as
the FCC was concerned was that of WA8JOC in Cincinnati. I did not
physically reside there. I was not an employee of WA8JOC. I am not
related to WA8JOC. Despite these things, my providing the FCC that
address did not constitute fraud and it broke no laws. It didn't
attempt to circumvent any laws.

WA8JOC's address is still the FCC address of record for a number of
Finnish radio amateurs who took and passed U.S. licensing exams.
My own address is the FCC address of record for one Finnish radio
amateur who took such an exam. The FCC says that applicants must have a
U.S. address, not that the applicant must reside at that address.
The applicant must either a U.S. Social Security number *or* a Taxpayer
Identification Number. Those Finnish hams were able to obtain a TIN
without ever having had a SSN. This was done after the FCC was
contacted directly about the situation and asked what should be done.

For all other mailing purposes in the U.S., my parents addresses in
Kentucky and in Georgia were used as my address of record in the United
States. I had not resided with them for decades. I broke no laws nor
did I commit fraud.

In 1993, I provided the Department of State a legal residence address
which is the same as the address I now have. No mail was being sent
here and there was not even a rural mailbox standing at this location.
I didn't live here until 2000.

You may now chew on these statements and attempt to reconcile them.

Dave K8MN
Old February 18th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

There is no regulation which states I have to be an employee or relation --
even today. Might want to brush up on the postal regulations.

Old February 18th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dave Heil" wrote:

You may now chew on these statements and attempt to reconcile them.

Damn Dave! You're gonna confuzzle all the riders on the Short Bus with all
these facts!

73
kh6hz

Old February 18th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 17, 2:10�pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:24?am, wrote:
On Feb 17, 6:52 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:
I suggest you go to your local Post Office and ask them about renting
a PO Box then using it for other people.

Perfectly 100% legal within postal regulations.

Sure it is.

What do the Postal Regulations say about it?

Since you're the "expert" Brain, why don't you tell us?

Free clue: Be sure to refer to the pre-9/11 / Patriot Act postal
regulations.

My PO Boxes were all pre-9/11 Patriot Act. ?Thanks for the distractor.

* *Darn! *I don't have a Post Office Box! *I guess I can't be
* *an amateur... *:-(

Sure you can, Len. There's no FCC
requirement for a PO Box nor residence
address. Just a valid mailing address. You
could use your Lanark Street address or the
address of your "northern house" if you can
receive mail from FCC there.

No problem at all.

But I don't think you will ever be a radio amateur.
Just a hunch.

The government can be defrauded as well as anyone, and there was no
misunderstanding. ?It was poor amateur practice.

Says you. But then, you don't count.

Someone counted. ?Someone counted up your call signs and mailed you a
letter.

* *Tsk, even thewww.ah0a.orgsite COUNTED. *Poor Mikey D.
* *was way down on the list...but still there.

FCC rules do not limit the number of clubs that
someone may be a trustee for.

It's because the individual incessantly tells others how to live their
ham-lives, then defrauds his friend and the FCC.

Neither the FCC nor my friend were defrauded, despite your repeated
foot-stomping and tantrums to the contrary.

I don't think he's your friend anymore, or at least he's not defending
you. ?But now you have Jim.

The FCC? ?Riley takes care of that business like he took care of you.

* *Riley Hollingsworth, Special Counsel to the FCC, has about
* *700,000 (give or take) licensees to "count" and "take care
* *of." *I doubt he would even blink twice at Mikey D's dozen.

Was it really a dozen?

* *But he DID notice once and that got on the "notices."

"Enforcement letters".

Now if all this was so "legal" as Mikey D sez, why would it
* *get into the "notices?"

"Enforcement letters".

It appears FCC wanted more information about
the clubs.

*If it was so "legal" then it should
* *never have been there.

Only if you assume guilt without proof. In the
USA, there's a basic principle of
"innocent until proven guilty".

* *No sweat, the Guru and Reknowned Historian is all for
* *code-tested amateur extras...they can do no real wrong
* *in his eyes.

Who is this "Guru and Renowned Historian"? I
do not know the person.

Also, there are no non-code-tested Amateur Extras
at all. Not yet, anyway. That situation will soon
change - just watch the thread "ARS License
Numbers" for updates. Perhaps I will update the
numbers there more frequently than twice-per-
calendar-month. Perhaps not.

As for me, it appears that there was a
misunderstanding about the intent of the
Part 97 rules concerning vanity calls for
clubs - particularly in what a group must do
to meet FCC's defintion of a "club" and qualify
for a club callsign.

*All "very legal." *barf

Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

It is clear that some callsigns, such as four-character
ones, are considered more desirable by many
amateurs. Were any of the disputed callsigns part
of a desirable group?

Were other amateurs wanting the callsigns,
but unable to get them because of the
"clubs" having them?

Have any of those callsigns been reassigned under
the vanity program?

It is interesting that you identify the trustee of those
callsigns as a "code tested extra", but not as
a no-code-test advocate.

Jim, N2EY