Old March 15th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default VE Testing Rules

On Mar 15, 9:15 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Indeed. I thought the end-times might be near...

then I took a look on .Moderated. "PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.

You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a topic
already under discussion. Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.

Dave K8MN

Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. Though true,
it is forbidden.

Old March 15th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default VD Testing Rules by Mork Morgasm

You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a

topic
already under discussion. Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.

Dave K8MN

Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. Though true,
it is forbidden.

well I give him a pass on the first time but not on his tatement he
would do so again KNOWING they were out of band

Jan: 738 messages
Feb: 669 messages
Mar: 668 messages (and the month is only 1/2 over!)

Old March 15th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
Indeed. I thought the end-times might be near...
then I took a look on .Moderated. "PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.

You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a topic
already under discussion. Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.

Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. Though true,
it is forbidden.

You could certainly give it a try, hot-ham-and-cheese. I've seen
nothing forbidding it. The only trouble is that you'd have to stick to
civil conversation and you might have to stick to facts. In this case,
you've stuck to innuendo. It has been repeatedly pointed out to you by
me and others, that any station is responsible for his own operation
under the regs of the country which has issued his license. He is not
responsible for the operation of a station he contacts--especially one
in a different country and continent. If you don't think you could make
such a post, sticking to facts and not what you think you know, you
could talk about end fed antennas or provide the readers with the fine
points of maintaining a high hourly rate in the CQ WW DX 'test.

Dave K8MN

Old March 15th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Not Lloyd wrote:
You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a

topic
already under discussion. Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.
Dave K8MN
Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. Though true,
it is forbidden.

well I give him a pass on the first time but not on his tatement he
would do so again KNOWING they were out of band

Jan: 738 messages
Feb: 669 messages
Mar: 668 messages (and the month is only 1/2 over!)

Sir Spamalot thinks I made a "tatement".

Dave K8MN

Old March 16th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 15, 1:20�pm, robert casey wrote:
* *Most of this thread is filled with the usual filth and insults
* *of the immature male kind who seem to have never out-
* *grown their middle-school mentalities. *That's a sad thing
* *but we don't really know if those anony-mousies are
* *at all INTO amateur radio. *Nevertheless, I am INTO US
* *amateur radio and intend to stay for a while...and also to
* *speak my mind at MY discretion. *:-)

* *73, Len *AF6AY

Len, you'll find that the great majority of hams who get on the air in
the ham bands are quite well behaved and friendly. *This newsgroup is
not a representative sample of hams. *So get on the air (if you haven't
already) and have fun with the various modes and aspects of ham radio!

73 de WA2ISE

Roger that, Bob. Some long-time listening to the HF and 2m bands
have shown me that. :-)

When the new equipment arrives, I'll get busy re-arranging the home
office for its new "radio room" function (at least in one corner).
It may
have to be with some #14 wire strung through the row of cypresses
along one side of my property (for under 10m frequency bands) but
that's life. :-)

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 16th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
Indeed. *I thought the end-times might be near...

then I took a look on .Moderated. *"PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." *Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. *Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.

You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a topic
* already under discussion. *Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.

Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. *Though true,
it is forbidden.

Ooooo, yeah! But, reading the Dos and Don'ts message, der robust
oberst could mention what he did but wouldn't be chastised about
it!

All be nice-nice on RRAM. Also a tad DULL. But, that too is life.

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 16th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

Much of my conversation on this unmoderated newsgroup is civil,
probably more civil than is deserved.

What amateur rules require you to make contact with out of band
Frenchmen on 6 Meters?

Old March 16th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

You're right. I've been fairly gentle with you, for example. The gent
you serve as electrolyte hasn't been very civil here. He attempts to
run at the ragged edge in the moderated group.

What amateur rules require you to make contact with out of band
Frenchmen on 6 Meters?

What amateur rules require you to make any contacts with anyone anywhere
at any time?

Dave K8MN

Old March 16th 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

So you have discretion in such matters yet you choose to plunge into
the abyss of poor amateur practice. Bully for you.