Old July 24th 03, 10:33 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Vshah101" wrote in message
I just found some long time ago report I wrote on essential education.(It

was
long before I got an amateur radio licence or knew that there was such a
thing). Surprising, among other things, I wrote that I wanted to learn

Morse
code. Never was obcessed about it. In fact, I forgot I even wrote that. At

that
time, I just believed that its something one should learn.

I no longer believe that.

I know how you feel. At one time I liked anyone with a ham license.

I no longer feel that way.

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 24th 03, 11:49 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
There is something magical about watching the exchanges. I'll never be
good at it, but I love watching the fast guys n' gals work.

- Mike KB3EIA -

One can always improve their own abilities however even if you never get to
be a super star. So jump on in, the water's fine even if you have to swim
slow.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE (not yet fast on CW but striving to be)

Old July 25th 03, 12:06 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Vshah101 wrote:
From N2EY:

I've seen that happen time and again. The CW setups at Field Day get the most
attention from nonhams, for some reason.

How did non-Hams see any setup, not even a CW setup, at field day? Were they
invited or did they see the field day setup when they were driving by, and
decided to stop by?

Also, were they male or female, and about what ages were they? Were they
anti-social?

Did they just stop by, or stay a while?

Please explain.

At this year's Field Day, we had a (*rather un-attractive) female non-Ham
visitor.

Shame on you. Where on earth do you get off saying something like that?

*Sorry I don't qualify for any sensitivity awards.

NO you don't.

Judging by his other comments on contesting-vs-competition I
doubt he could qualify for ANY kind of award.

I'll tell ya what, though...Vipul is making his own rants about
the general state of social interaction of Amatuers come true. If I
were a non-Amateur today and Vipul was my example of what constituted
an "average" Amateur, I'd stick with CB too!

And if I was female...?!?! saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-LAP!

73

Steve, K4YZ
Old July 25th 03, 02:49 AM
Vshah101

From: "Dan/W4NTI"

Wierdness always attracts attention. That's why at the circus, the
line to get in and see the three-legged lady is longer than the line
to get in and see the dancing girls.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

I always prefered a good looking girl to a three legged freak myself.

You will not likely see a good looking girl if you spend too much time in Ham
radio. You definately won't hear/see one if you operate CW.
Old July 25th 03, 03:15 AM
Dee D. Flint

From: "Dan/W4NTI"

Wierdness always attracts attention. That's why at the circus, the
line to get in and see the three-legged lady is longer than the line
to get in and see the dancing girls.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

I always prefered a good looking girl to a three legged freak myself.

You will not likely see a good looking girl if you spend too much time in

Ham
radio. You definately won't hear/see one if you operate CW.

Wrong. Just look at the YLRL. Plenty of females (including good looking
ones) of all ages and many operate CW.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Already 4 years ! Thierry Antenna 4 October 4th 04 05:16 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 6 October 1st 04 07:40 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Equipment 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Equipment 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM