Old July 30th 03, 03:31 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

Answer the damn question, Larry. What do *YOU* think my point about CW

is?

The standard NCTA bullet points, Kim. I've never seen you come up with
anything original.

73 de Larry, K3LT

That is a cop-out of an answer, Larry.

Kim:

Except for the fact that it is the TRUTH. Of course, you would never
recognize that, particularly when it is in reference to yourself.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old July 30th 03, 03:37 PM
Elmer E Ing

Well the guide to Amateur Radio newsgroups at URL:

http://faqs.jmas.co.jp/FAQs/radio/personal-intro
Sez

The group rec.radio.amateur.policy was created as a place for all the
discussions that seem to drag on interminably about the many rules,
regulations, legalities, and policies that surround amateur radio, both
existing and proposed. Recent changes to the Amateur Radio Rules (FCC
Part 97) have finally laid to rest the Great Usenet Pizza Autopatch Debate
- it's now legal to order a pizza on the autopatch, if you're not in the
pizza business - as well as complaints about now-preempted local scanner
laws hostile to amateurs, but plenty of discussion about what a bunch of
rotten no-goodniks the local frequency coordinating body is, as well as
the neverending no-code debate, may still be found here.

Some of you have turned it into "a Morse/CW debate newsgroup" exclusively.

Hiker rescue has legal issues as a ham in california found out when he
called in on an Authority frequency with a modified HT.
Rescue was performed, but his HT was confiscated!

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
(Kf6vyh) wrote in message

Why bring up the CW debate, Th e story had nothing to due with the pros

or cons
of CW . I have not been reading these news groups for a while for just

this
reason. All any of you can talk or fight about is CW. If you Kim are so
concered with CW just start another CW thread. You are like a two year

old
fighting for the shovle in a sand box. Give it a rest.

There is no rest. This is a Morse/CW debate newsgroup. I could
suggest alt.survival if you want rescue stories.

Brian

Old July 30th 03, 05:10 PM
El Moderator

I could suggest alt.survival if you want rescue stories.

Lord I wish there was an alt.cw.debate.ad nauseous newsgroup

Three years of the same old pro-code, no-code rationalizations, insults,
obscenities, and sheer nonsense.
Thousands of them off topic, loaded with shameful personal attacks and
self-serving brag tape lies.

Go to google
select groups and advanced search for rec.radio.amateur.policy
search for code
Get 55,000 results
As the man sed "Give it a rest"

Why not get back to the intended purpose of this newsgroup as previously
posted?
Stop the personal attacks and obscenities and give Amateur Radio a good
name.

Somewhere out there is a alien space ship reading all this and observing
"Strange Society. Make course for home Scotty -- no sign of intelligence
here"

"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Old July 31st 03, 01:21 AM
N2EY

In article TKQVa.16115$ff.8006@fed1read01, "Elmer E Ing"
writes:

Hiker rescue has legal issues as a ham in california found out when he
called in on an Authority frequency with a modified HT.
Rescue was performed, but his HT was confiscated!

Yep - but you gotta tell "the rest of the story".....

The ham in question called for help on a police frequency, which he was not
authorized to use. Yes, anyone can use any frequency or mode in a life-or-death
emergency when there is no other option, but the authorities demonstrated that
the ham's HT would bring up several local repeaters from the rescue site - all
of which had autopatch that could call 911.

Case closed.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old July 31st 03, 07:05 AM
Kf6vyh

Whether or not YOU don't like it, this newsgroup BEGAN EXISTANCE
to discuss the code test issue. :-)

1) No your are wrong you idiot.
2) the title of the newsgroup is
rec.radio.amateur.policy

NOT CW.PRO.CON

If Kim had spent the energy she has bitching about CW on learning CW she may
have passed it by now. IT'S NOT THAT HARD