Old September 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

Default NCNCI - Was Appalling...

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

I like hearing the story about the code/no-code discussion was chased off

a lesser venue, and believe it is 'way past time for this to happen again.

going to be hard to chase it off, better yet, if it annoys you that bad,
just
start kilfilling anything have "CW", "NCI", "PCTA", "NCTA", etc in
the subject lines.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Clint:

That would still let way too much QRM get through your newsgroup
filter. I suggest that you simply QSY to a quieter, less challenging
frequency.

Your whining about the nature of this newsgroup is, in fact, quite
off-topic, and a violation of Usenet policy.

it's a ham radio newsgroup, so I don't think CW is off topic.... and debate
isn't a violation of usenet policy (that's HALF of what it's for), what's a
violation
I believe is inflammatory, abusive behavior.

And there's little chance that will ever stop on ANY ng.

Yup, you seem to have got that right. So why are you whining about
what's going on here?

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "charlesb"
writes:

Charles:

I'm sure you've been told this before, but here goes...

This newsgroup exists specifically for the code/no-code debate, and
other amateur radio policy issues. It's purpose is to isolate this
particularly contentious debate and permit other newsgroups to be
able to address more specific technical and operational issues.

Yes, we all know how this discussion was "run off" from another place, where
the hams found it to be pointless, ignorant and disgusting... Just like it
is here.

Charles:

No matter which spin you place on it, this newsgroup exists for a specific
purpose -- to be a venue for the hotly contentious code/no-code (test)
debate. Whether we were "run off" of rec.radio.amateur and rec.radio.
amateur.misc is irrelevant…we're here now, and we're here to stay!

I like hearing the story about the code/no-code discussion was chased off to
a lesser venue, and believe it is 'way past time for this to happen again.

Sorry about your luck, Charlie, but that's not gonna happen.

Your whining about the nature of this newsgroup is, in fact, quite
off-topic, and a violation of Usenet policy.

Gee, that's tough....

For you!

If you cannot grasp the
nature of this newsgroup and abide with Usenet policy by accepting
rrap for what it was specifically intended to be, then I suggest your
time would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm sure it would, but since I don't have anything better to do, I'll point
out how silly and counterproductive the behavior on this newsgroup is, from
time to time.

Go ahead, be my guest. It's been done before, and it'll be done again, but
it will always have the same effect: None. We'll still be here.

Everybody already knows how ignorant the code/no-code debate is, but I'll go
ahead and point that out every now and then, as well.

You know, Charlie, I'm not even going to disagree with that. I was sucked
into this debate merely because I saw NCTA's making flagrantly irrational
and illogical accusations against those of us who simply saw a reasonable
licensing requirement and made the effort to meet it and succeed in doing
so. So, yes, this debate is ignorant. But only because it was started
through the ignorance of the NCTA.

Anybody else want to join NCNCI ? (No Code/No-Code International, of
course!)

Not me.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Appalling... Clint Policy 20 September 30th 03 08:53 PM
Appalling... charlesb Policy 3 September 21st 03 07:28 AM
Appalling... Gorilla Bananna General 3 September 20th 03 03:18 PM
Appalling... garigue Policy 0 September 19th 03 10:23 PM
Appalling... WA8ULX Policy 0 September 19th 03 02:28 PM