Old September 26th 03, 01:03 AM
Leo

And, never in short supply! Available right here on this newsgroup,
always fresh, always in season...free for the taking!

Mike, you have to tell me what cold medication you're taking - I could
use a shot or two myself!

73, Leo

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:52:32 -0400, Mike Coslo wrote:

Leo wrote:
Hmmm....

You , Clint and Len have one thing in common - if you can't attach the
individual personally, your argument runs out of steam pretty quickly.

Slash away, gentlemen - your personal attacks are futile here. Ad
Hominem is useless when you remove the 'hominem' from the equation,
isn't it?

I add hominem to many meals, Leo. Great fried with onions and butter!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 26th 03, 01:09 AM
Arnie Macy

"Clint" wrote in part ...

I only take the facts as they are and deduce a conclusion, rather than take
a passion-filled idea intermixed with rage against opposition and launch a
scathing attack devoid of everything necessary to warrant a good debate and
argument to back up one's claims.

Excellent position, Clint. With that in mind, let's do some fact vs fiction
debate.

On September 5, 2003 the Dakota Division Director released these survey
results:

"Division members are divided on the Entry level license with slightly more
of those replying saying that Morse Code should not be required for access
to HF. That changes as as we move to General and Extra. Nearly 70% say
there should be a Morse requirement for Extra Class licensees."

This is very close to my position on Morse testing. I believe that some HF
privileges on all bands should be granted to amateurs upon entry into the
ARS, and that CW testing should be required for the higher licenses, General
and Extra. It would seem that this survey in the Dakota Division indicates
(as I have stated many times) that a majority of hams are not strictly
against code testing -- 70% seem to think that there should be some testing
for the highest class of license.

Add to this the fact that CW is the second most popular mode in the ARS and
that groups like "FISTS" have nearly doubled in size *since* restructuring,
and I think the picture becomes clear. The support for the NCTA is not as
strong as their advocates would have us believe.

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old September 26th 03, 02:34 AM
Leo

Thanks, Dick - they sure had it coming.....

On 26 Sep 2003 01:14:10 GMT, Dick Carroll
wrote:

Leo wrote:

LOL !

What in hell are you trying to say? Sabotage what position? Please
get someone to translate my posts into whatever it is that you speak,
then reply! Duh...

Leo

PS - while we're on the subject of spelling errors, I noticed this one
in your post below:

Rebuttles? Try 'rebuttals' next time

Leo I do believe you've done a fair job of putting both Clint and
Lennie on their rebuttles!

Old September 26th 03, 01:29 PM
N2EY

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

"Leo" wrote in part ...

BTW, are you Len's new guardian angel? Did Clint get laid off?
_________________________________________________ ______

I was actually beginning to think that Len and Clint might be one in the
same. But a cursory view of the disparity in writing style, grammar, and
spelling dispels that myth fairly quickly.

Do you think that a person can have only one writing style?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 26th 03, 01:29 PM
N2EY

In article , Leo
writes:

What I don't understand is why the intelligent members of this group
put up with all of the QRM intentionally generated by just a few
troublemakers.

Good question.

For example, Len is not an Amateur, (well, not a Radio amateur....
), and states freely that he does not have any desire to become one -

Just for reference, Leo...

Back on January 19, 2000, Len did say he was 'going for Extra right out of the
box' or words to that effect. Back then he was posting here as 'Lenof21'
(aol.com) . That was over 3-1/2 years ago.

Of course he did not say *when* he was going to do it....

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 26th 03, 02:23 PM
Brian

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...
(Brian) wrote in message om...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Sonny, I've probably done MORE in radio already than you've done in
your entire "career" as a hambone...er Ham.

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

That from a guy who wears a white dress and a carries a rectal
thermometer.

I do? Hmmmmm....seems to me I have neither at hand, Brain. You
would please provide some evidence of same?

Are you not a Nurse? Have you never taken a rectal thermometer from
one place to another?

Failure to do so shall be an admission of lying on your part.

Failure to make this admission shall be an lying on your part.

Where are YOUR accomplishments in AMATEUR RADIO...?!?!

How many articles did you have published in HAM RADIO magazine?

None. It's Defunct...No longer published.

Were you an amateur radio operator during any time that Ham Radio
magazine was being actively published?

If so, then you have no excuse for not being published in Ham Radio
magazine.

Furthermore, PLEASE cite for me ANY reference otehr than that
FAILED magazine where Lennie has ACCOMPLISHED anything.

One accomplishment is enough. It is 100% higher than your
accomplishments.

Further yet, please show me where Lennie's work was original.

It was originally published.

Can you show me ONE refernece in Amateur Radio where his ALLEGED
work was cited as reference in some project?

Again, cite me your published work, original or otherwise.

You have PLAYED for years at ham radio, using ready-made
equipment, not really understanding what goes on behind your
ready-made front panels. Where are YOUR accomplishments in
amateur radio, your name posted as anywhere involving advancing
anything of the amateur state of the art? On FIDONET? Words,
self-glorifying yourself. On this newsgroup? More words, more
self-glorifying of yourself...plus an extreme amount of patronizing
"I am your moral superior" preacher without a church.

GEEEEEEEZUS, Lennie!

Pretty deep in the POT/KETTLE/BLACK mode today, aren't ya?

I've done some searches on "Leonard Anderson" and "Amateur Radio"
and with the exception of YOUR self-glorifying, self gratifying
pronouncements of moral superiority of all OF Amateur Radio, the
search comes up a BIG FAT ZERO.

Do the same search on "Steve Robeson" and "Amateur Radio" and you'll
see the same thing.

Quite true. But I am not the one making grand assertions of how
wondrous my alleged contributions to "radio" are, Brain.

Because you have none. Yet you criticize those who have.

Yes...we all know about the few articles you wrote in "Ham
Radio"...It still amounts to only a fraction of zero.

In your case we cannot divide by zero.

As I said...It's not about what I am claiming, Brain...it's
what LENNIE is claiming.

It is about YOU claiming that Len is a "LIAR."

Show where he lied.

(BTW...Several of us were gathered at the "CQ" magazine booth at
the Huntsville, AL Hamfest last month, and your name was the subject
of great laughter and joking...So there lies YOUR contribution to
Amateur radio!)

That's pathetic. I hope John Dorr wasn't part of the gaggle. Wonder
who they laugh at when you're not around?

It's not me, I can assure you.

Giggle.

Any you've done what? Playing with your radios, doing your beeping thing
the same as what was done by amateurs a half century ago or a full
century ago? What kind of "new technology" is on-off keying code use?
Who are you trying to fool other than children, fool?

This forum is about AMATEUR RADIO.

The physics of radio communication were not changed by the
Communications Act of 1934.

Ahhhh...Brain has adapted Lennie's pathetic attempts to dilute
this to radio physic versus the REGULATION of radio.

Non-amateurs regulate amateur radio. Why would you want to exclude
Len from discussion of same?

This forum, Putz Jr, is about Amateur Radio POLICY. Policy
refers to regulation and practice, NOT the physics of radio.

Then puhleeze stick to the topic of regulation and off of Len's
personality.

It is NOT about Army relay stations in the 1950's, PLMRS, the
IEEE or your SWLing of the aeronautical bands and an expired
student-pilot permit over four decades old...

Morse Code communications is a part of Amateur Radio. That is a
fact.

Is it a part of any other communications? 500KHz?

AMATEUR RADIO, Brain...Not maritime...Not Army...Not Commercial.

I see, you can bring in your supposed military and CAP anecdotes when
they suit you, but not Len. That is a double-standard.

Specific question that can be answered YES or NO...Do you know
the difference between AMATUER RADIO and any other radio service?

Marine radio is not Amateur Radio.

Civil Air Patrol radio is not Amateur Radio.

Both have been talked about here on this Amateur Radio Policy group,
BY YOU!

And despite the amount of effort you put in to trying to make
Larry look like that's ALL he does, you fail miserably.

He's still working on WAS/CW.

YOU are STILL a liar.

No. He probably has done more in radio communications than you've
done in your entire ham career, and you probably have always used
store bought equipment.

And in THIS forum, Brain, he's still got a loooooong track record
of lying, deception and antagonism. YOU are getting there.

I am not lying.

Now show me where Len lied in the instance above where you called him
a "LIAR."

YOU are STILL unlicensed.

So far I don't think he's lied about that one either.

Then you've not been paying attention. No big surprise there.

Oh, OK. Must have missed it. I guess he is a "LIAR."

What did he say his ham call was?

YOU are STILL an outsider looking in. Please wipe the drool off
of the window when you're done. It's embarrassing.

Quit showing your ass. It's embarassing.

Oh...And what you and Lennie do in here isn't...?!?!

BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The infamous Steve Roberson maniacal laugh.

And..oh yeah...You're STILL a PUTZ.

And you're still a guy in a dress who can't handle his own emotions.

Failure to present evidence is acknopwledgement that you are a
liar.

No it isn't. But you're free to judge, convict, sentence, and execute
eveyone who may disagree with you at any time right here on rrap. It
is another double-standard.

ARE you a liar, Brain? I have $100 sitting here says that no
picture of me in ANY item of women's clothing exists, and that this
you are pertetrating a lie.

I've seen photo's of UFOs and Bigfoot.

So...care to try and collect, or ADMIT you are lying?

I say you ar a liar. No big surprise there.

Steve, K4YZ

So stay in the closet.
Old September 26th 03, 06:44 PM
Leo

He does seem very contemptuous of amateurs, though, because they do
not have the depth of experience or operating knowledge of commercial
and militart licence holders such as himself. Assuming that he does -
he may be a poser.

Technically, he may be able to pass the Extra without the need for
further study, but what would he do with it? He seems to be equally
contemptuous of conversing with people, which is a requirement to
enjoy the hobby.....

73, Leo

Old September 26th 03, 06:47 PM
Leo

Oops, better change that to 'military' before Clint comes 'round to
help me out with my spelling again....

73, Leo

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:44:55 GMT, Leo wrote:

snip

and militart licence holders such as himself.

Old September 26th 03, 07:30 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Leo
writes:

Thanks, Steve. You're quite correct - there are some remarkable
opportunities which we need to explore!

What I don't understand is why the intelligent members of this group
put up with all of the QRM intentionally generated by just a few
troublemakers.

Of course...in the Orwellian Truthspeak of the PCTA, all who do not
love, honor, and obey the PCTA principles are "false, misleading, or
nonsense" and should be opposed to ALL that the NCTA are for...

There is only ONE side that is noble, good, and true...the PCTAs.

Anyplace else that is considered dictatorial, totalitarian.

To this invisible, unidentifiable "Leo" it is Truthspeak for he (or she) is
a mighty "force" for all that is good, noble, and true. Not.

For example, Len is not an Amateur, (well, not a Radio amateur....
), and states freely that he does not have any desire to become one -
yet he is involved in endless vitriolic arguements which are entirely
moot in his case - no matter whether code stays or goes, he isn't part
of the Amateur community, as he has not paid his dues (who in hell
cares about military or commercial comms experience - this is Amateur
Radio!)

This is just a newsgroup for debate, discussion, or argument. In this
"Leo" situation it is a place to Hide while NOT trying to be reasonable
about any subjects.

"Leo" constantly targets personalities, not the subjects. He (or she)
cannot stand up for what they actually believe so they HIDE, secure in
their safety from physical or mental harm. That is not courage of
conviction. It is just cowardly harrassment of others for personal
pleasure, having nothing to do with the subject of code testing.

In the United States the morse code test for an amateur radio license
is a federal regulation required now by the FCC. Since we US citizens
have the Constitutional Right to petition our government for the redress
of our grievances (First Amendment), ALL US citizens can reasonably
discuss and debate that particular matter of policy.

"Leo" claims to be Canadian, is therefore NOT subject to the same
Constitutional Rights guaranteed by the US Constitution. "Leo" has NO
Right whatsoever (except under Canadian law) to have ANY say in US
law. Yet, he (or she) claims some sort of (invisible) "right" to determine
who shall say what in an unmoderated newsgroup about the Law of the
United States of America.

"Leo" states that non-amateurs (apparently the overwhelming majority of
humans not licensed in any administration's amateur radio service) are
"ineligible" to speak about US Law concerning the USA's amateur radio
regulations. Oddly, many of the PCTA insist that non-amateurs cannot
speak or address their government even though those PCTAs are citizens
of the USA. That is also illogical, dictatorial, totalitarian.

Realistically, Amateurs have no interest in his opinions - he
has chosen not to join the community, and 'pay the dues" by becoming
licenced.

That is a mental aberration of this "Leo."

There are no such "dues payment" required under US Law, certainly not
in the regulations of the FCC, the radio regulating agency for civil radio
in the United States of America.

"Realistically," radio amateurs licensed in the USA are under USA law.

"Realistically," over two hundred thousand US radio amateurs became
licensed as no-code-test Technicians since 1991. "Realistically," they
are all lawfully licensed US radio amateurs who did NOT subscribe to
any PCTA commandments.

"Leo's" alleged "realistic" statement is nonsense, nothing more than a
perverse statement of territorial imperative ("turf") which is based on
nothing but his or her personal opinion...which is solidly rooted in the
PCTA mythology of might of morse.

"Leo" has NO data to verify that amateurs are all on his (or her) side.
It is perverse personal opinion only, of a single individual hiding under a
pseudonym.

Quite obviously, he exists in this group only as the
resident troll, bullying all who disagree with his pontifications and
opinions.

More Orwellian Truthspeak. Falsehoods labeled as "truth of all" when
they are just personal opinions.

"Leo" accuses those of opposite opinions as "bullies" when he (or she)
is supremely guilty of the same.

Look at today's barrage of feces that he posted, for
example, or yesterdays -- was there a single statement made that would
improve or change the state of the hobby?

Apparently the above statement of "Leo" is another "rational, civil
discourse" of the PCTA regulars in here.

Anything against their viewpoints is a "barrage of feces." :-)

Any positive comments? Any
news? Anything relevant at all? No - just a series of personal attacks
on those who won't see his way.

So far, this invisible "Leo" hasn't come up with anything but a lot of
individual personality attacks.

"Leo" doesn't seem interested in anything but flame wars. Is that the
spirit of US amateur radio? I think not.

Who cares what his way is? He don't matter - he ain't a Ham.

Did I state the PCTA view of "Leo's" is dictatorial, totalitarian? Yes.
One more statement of his (or hers) to prove it.

Perhaps Industry Canada has some rule or regulation requiring amateur
radio licensing in order to discuss, debate, or argue Canadian law?
No such thing is required in the United States of America...open discourse
is a fundamental Right of citizens of the United States.

Just a sad old has-been who enjoys beating
folks up (or trying to ) in the newsgroup.

I am just arguing for the elimination of the morse code test for any United
States amateur radio license. So do many citizens of the USA, both
licensed radio amateurs and those not licensed in amateur radio.

I am quite sure (by example of years in here) that the PCTA cannot
abide by any changes in the US amateur regulations that threaten
their rank-status-privileges achieved through federally tested morse code
ability.

I am also quite sure, again by example of years of PCTA statements in
here, that the PCTA have no interest in any "promotion" or "betterment"
of US amateur radio except for themselves. They show little care for any
US citizens entering the hobby to do anything but exactly as they had to.

A pitiful old erstwhile military comms operator, circa 1950s.

Somehow living a long life is anathema to the "forever young" PCTA.

"Leo" seems to ignore an entire career spent as a civilian as an
electronics design engineer, very much a professional in terms of
accepting monetary compensation for services rendered. :-)

And his buddies aren't much
better....just younger clones of the same persona.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...more dictatorial totalitarianism and provincial eliteness.

Shut them down.

"Calm, rational, civil discourse." :-)

Men without honor or intelligence or relevance are
not worth anyones' time.

Only the anonymous are "with honor or intelligence or relevance." :-)

Dictatorial. Totalitarian. Elite.

I've demonstrated some effective techniques
that can be used to squelch QRM from these types of individuals - give
'em a try.

"Calm rational civil discourse" in action. Become anonymous!
Harrass those who think differently! Force everyone to become PCTA
by ANY means! :-)

Or, use silence as a tool - remove the audience, and adios boors.

"Hasta la vista, baby?" :-)

Sorry, Canadians can't run for Governor of California. Make a few movies
first and you, too, can become a "terminator." :-)

Go for it! You don't see Len dealing with my posts anymore,
do you? He can't - he's been disempowered! Surplussed again.
Discharged. He can't argue with logic, or intellect, or reason, and
when there's no possibility of personal attack - game over!

Apparently "Leo" is so anonymous that his sense of reality is also
anonymous.

Plus, he knows that I know what he is.......he ain't fooling me!

This "Leo" is one sick puppy... :-)

This is rec.radio.amateur.policy, not alt.hasbeen.flamefest - let's
get these guys over to the appropriate forum, and get back to
discussing the future of Amateur Radio!

"Leo" thinks the "future of amateur radio" lies in emulating the standards
and practices of the 1930s.

Frankly, there are bigger
issues than Code Testing to be discussed here - BPL could wipe out the
hobby as we know it.......

Tsk, tsk, isn't the Brass Pounder League the heart and soul of amateur
radio of today?

To paraphrase Nancy Reagan, "Just Say No To Thugs!"

NO, "Leo." :-)

Old September 26th 03, 08:18 PM
Leo

Not a very convincing arguement at all. All emotion and bluster - but
no fact. Your anger and lack of character is driving your comments,
not intelligence. What you cannot see does not exist - like a child
putting their hand over their eyes, and believing that they are now
alone. Now that's brilliant!

But, you make quite an interesting spectacle of yourself when
dominated by superior intelligence and wit.

Please go on, Alter Kocker - you are making a complete fool of
yourself!

30, Leo