Old October 9th 03, 02:44 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

Hey, I find it interesting that none of those who've touted the "skills" of
ham radio as applicable to goals in life, are even responding to this. I
was "echoing" their belief system.

Kim W5TIT

Kim:

Don't look now, but being an Amateur Radio Operator falls into the
category of "hobbies and interests," which, as anyone with any current
business savvy at all knows, would not necessarily be included in a
resume unless this particular activity was in some way directly
related to the position being sought. Jim (that's MISTER Weir to you)
is running for Governor of the State of California; he's not applying for
a job as a salesman at the Ham Radio Outlet.

All you've done, as usual, is make yourself look foolish in an attempt to
do the same to others.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old October 10th 03, 11:03 PM
Jim Weir

Yes, that would have bought a half-decent ham shack. Or a fairly nice used
automobile. New paint for the house. But after a year, five, or ten, what was
purchased would be old and shabby.

In ten years, I'll still be able to say that I fought the good fight, got some
people to hear what I was saying, and 2100 residents of California thought
enough of me and my words to elect me Governor. That will never go away or get
dingy.

I came in 30th behind the Governor-elect. That's in the top quartile of those
who ran. And 35 million ahead of those who didn't.

Next month I can work a few more hours and buy that ham shack, car, or paint.
But I'll never again in my lifetime get a chance at running for Governor.

Bless you all for your kind thoughts...

Jim

S. Hanrahan

-On 7 Oct 2003 00:10:40 GMT, Dick Carroll
-wrote:
-
-
-Aw, Chee.... Jim just blew 3 grand on the filing fee. that woulda
-financed a new hamshack!
-
-Yeah, no kiddin.
-
-----
-Stacey/AA7YA

Jim Weir, VP Eng. RST Eng. WX6RST
A&P, CFI, and other good alphabet soup

ONLY A SHORT TIME UNTIL HAMS CAN VOTE FOR KERRY!! Mr Ham Radio General 9 November 1st 04 03:03 AM
ARRL President Wins Third Term on Unanimous Vote Gene Storey Digital 0 January 19th 04 05:36 AM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 16 October 10th 03 11:03 PM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 0 October 7th 03 12:21 AM
Vote to Impeach the Little Dictator GM General 0 July 2nd 03 11:46 PM