Old January 8th 04, 05:16 PM
Alun

Default Croatia

Another domino falls.

No more code testing in 9A now.

They are now also the first country in Region 1 to get 7100-7200 kHz, not
otherwise due until next year, I think. I'll be looking for 9A1A in 7150-
7200 in the next contest.

73 de Alun, N3KIP
Old January 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Alun
writes:

Another domino falls.

No more code testing in 9A now.

They are now also the first country in Region 1 to get 7100-7200 kHz, not
otherwise due until next year, I think. I'll be looking for 9A1A in 7150-
7200 in the next contest.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Keep us posted as the world dumbs down, Alun. We're counting on you.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old January 10th 04, 03:52 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , Alun
writes:

Another domino falls.

No more code testing in 9A now.

They are now also the first country in Region 1 to get 7100-7200 kHz, not
otherwise due until next year, I think. I'll be looking for 9A1A in 7150-
7200 in the next contest.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Keep us posted as the world dumbs down, Alun. We're counting on you.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Yeah, Larry's waiting for everyone to catch up to his level...

Kim W5TIT

Old January 10th 04, 04:47 AM
Alun

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in
:

writes:

Another domino falls.

No more code testing in 9A now.

They are now also the first country in Region 1 to get 7100-7200 kHz,
not otherwise due until next year, I think. I'll be looking for 9A1A
in 7150- 7200 in the next contest.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Keep us posted as the world dumbs down, Alun. We're counting on you.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Yeah, Larry's waiting for everyone to catch up to his level...

Kim W5TIT

I will indeed keep you informed.

Alun N3KIP
Old January 10th 04, 05:18 AM
Jay

writes:

Another domino falls.

No more code testing in 9A now.

They are now also the first country in Region 1 to get 7100-7200 kHz,

not
otherwise due until next year, I think. I'll be looking for 9A1A in

7150-
7200 in the next contest.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Keep us posted as the world dumbs down, Alun. We're counting on you.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Yeah, Larry's waiting for everyone to catch up to his level...

Kim W5TIT

Agreed Kim. I have been to Croatia twice since 2000
and I have found it to be both a friendly place and
progressive minded country. The food was a mix of
Italian and Eastern European and the bars/clubs/outdoor
restaurants were open from dusk till dawn. Despite this
everyone was well behaved, both the tourists
and locals. Designated drivers or people were there
to help those home who imbibed a tad too much but you
never saw a single alcohol related incident during both
my stays in holiday in Croatia, and I felt far safer walking
with my friends back to the hotel in Porec, Valalta and Trpanj
at 2:00 AM after an evening of wining and dining that I would have
felt doing similar activity in New York or Miami.

Is it not a shame that some hams (who claim to be "World Wise" ??)
would measure a whole Country's worth, solely on the basis of
if they kept a stupid Morse code test..?

I guess we can draw amusment from the fact they show
all their abysmal degree of ignorance by posting
such juvenile remarks.

Old January 10th 04, 04:04 PM
Kim W5TIT

Here here, Jay.

Kim W5TIT

"Jay" wrote in message
groups.com...

Old January 10th 04, 10:56 PM
garigue

I guess we can draw amusment from the fact they show
all their abysmal degree of ignorance by posting
such juvenile remarks.

Jay draw all the amusement you or others want ...Larry's dumbing down
context was regarding CW ...not the 9A national IQ. It is statements like
yours that stretch and go into some bizarre perceived national insult that
does no one any good and displays ignorance. Your statement is a classic
juvenile non-sequitor as what does 9A night life have to do with CW.

BTW the 9A guys that I have worked on CW have been excellent ops. The sad
condition is that a lot of the old YU ops met their end before their time.

God Bless 73 Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa

Old January 10th 04, 11:24 PM
garigue

PS there Jay ..thanks for your service ...

God Bless 73 Tom KI3R.

Old January 12th 04, 01:26 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

Yeah, Larry's waiting for everyone to catch up to his level...

Kim W5TIT

Kim:

Well, I'm waiting for everyone but you, that is. You couldn't catch up to me
if someone stuck a Saturn V rocket up your bum and lit the fuse!

BTW, which HF digital modes have you been working lately? Your
implication is that you have no need to "catch up" to anyone, so please
tell us about all your recent HF digital operating experiences -- I'm sure
we will all be greatly impressed!

73 de Larry, K3LT
A Real Amateur Radio Operator -- which Kim would not recognize if one
landed right on her punkin' haid

Old January 12th 04, 01:37 AM
Kim W5TIT

writes:

Yeah, Larry's waiting for everyone to catch up to his level...

Kim W5TIT

Kim:

Well, I'm waiting for everyone but you, that is. You couldn't catch up to

me
if someone stuck a Saturn V rocket up your bum and lit the fuse!

Well. You're correct there, for sure. I could no more get down to your
level than I could get to the moon without mind travel.

BTW, which HF digital modes have you been working lately? Your
implication is that you have no need to "catch up" to anyone, so please
tell us about all your recent HF digital operating experiences -- I'm sure
we will all be greatly impressed!

Only you could stretch that far.

73 de Larry, K3LT
A Real Amateur Radio Operator -- which Kim would not recognize if one
landed right on her punkin' haid

You are, by no means, a real amateur radio operator. I've got more
potential amateur radio operator in my little finger than you have in all
your years as an amateur radio operator...

Kim W5TIT