Old January 29th 04, 09:42 PM
Dave Heil

Radio45 wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote in message

I almost tripped over the Hap-hazard there. Yep, that's why many of us
resent Ken Lay, Martha Stewart, Michael Jackson and their ilk. We're
simply envious of successful people.

Dave K8MN

Quick! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Cancel your
ARRL membership now! Hope you don't earn a living
writing about celebrities. ROTFLMAO!

R45

That sound you just heard was sarcasm whooshing over your head.

Dave K8MN
Old January 30th 04, 04:23 AM
Jim Hampton

Ouch!

1st quarter math in an associates program (engineering science) was
calculus. You betcha it wouldn't be pretty if the requirements were at a
BSEE level! You start throwing around a bunch of inductors, resistors, and
capacitors in a network with some ac source and ask the amplitude,
direction, and phase of something .... and that is still at the associate's
level. It would be real ugly, for sure LOL.

Glad to see the newsgroup still functioning at about the same level it has
been for the past few years.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old January 30th 04, 04:28 AM
Jim Hampton

Mike,

If BS were to be the qualifying factor for a Tech, everyone in the
newsgroups would likely qualify

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old January 30th 04, 02:49 PM
Michael Coslo

Jim Hampton wrote:
Mike,

If BS were to be the qualifying factor for a Tech, everyone in the
newsgroups would likely qualify

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Haven't heard from you for a while, Jim!

Old January 30th 04, 08:18 PM
RedOctober90

Michael Coslo wrote in message ...
Jim Hampton wrote:
Mike,

If BS were to be the qualifying factor for a Tech, everyone in the
newsgroups would likely qualify

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Haven't heard from you for a while, Jim!

I don't see the point of code being a requirement these days, but I
don't see the "no code" licensing the only reason for all the wackos
being on the HAM band. Good HAM's totally outnumber bad HAM's, the
majority of HAM's I've listened too are good users of the bands. There
has been always wackos and crackpots on the radio, and then you have
your old-school HAM's who passed all those code tests back in the day
and still act like kooks. I've certainily heard them on there.

It's the responsibility factor, not much of this exists these days,
especially when times change, your going to have more increasing
numbers of kooks no matter if the code is eliminated or not.