Old April 21st 04, 07:24 PM
Scott n7rvn

Default "Harry's Hams" a policy violation

I am looking for an article about "Harry's Hams". The article was published
in May (I believe) of 1983. I am pretty sure of the year. Can anyone
either scan, copy, or heaven forbid type the text of the article so I can
get accurate information?

The article addresses a weather net that a local forecaster used to report
the information he overheard on the nets. He called the guys on the nets
"Harry's Hams" and the FCC squashed that quickly. Seems the FCC felt
sharing this as his hams doing the work for the television station, violates
the regulations. Imagine that. Today the fines would be huge for that
little faux paw.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old April 23rd 04, 11:18 PM
Scott n7rvn

Sorry, the article was written in QST.

Thanks, 73

Scott

"Keith" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:24:52 -0700,
Scott n7rvn wrote:
I am looking for an article about "Harry's Hams". The article was

published
in May (I believe) of 1983. I am pretty sure of the year. Can anyone
either scan, copy, or heaven forbid type the text of the article so I

can
get accurate information?

What publication?

--
Best Regards, Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/

FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 01:02 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 04:45 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 02:28 PM
Ham radio's REAL ememy N2EY Policy 46 August 30th 03 05:29 PM