Old August 19th 04, 03:09 PM
s. hanrahan

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:48:43 -0400, "Theatre of the Mind"
wrote:

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Looks to me like another lame-assed attempt
by the Apple Rubbing Reamers League to
eliminate AM from the 75 and 40 Meter bands.

Pathetic......

Nowhere in that article does it say the ARRL wants to eliminate AM
from the 75 and 40 meter bands. Try reading with your eyes open,
instead of stewing in your seat with your eyes wide shut for a change.

Stacey/AA7YA
Old August 19th 04, 03:33 PM
Dee D. Flint

"s. hanrahan" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:08:04 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote:

"N2EY" wrote

- No CW-only subbands

There never have been any "CW-only" subbands on HF.

Sure there has, ever heard of the "Novice subbands"?

Stacey/AA7YA

General class and higher are allowed to use FSK in the novice segments so
there are no "CW-only" subbands on HF.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old August 20th 04, 12:57 AM
Jack Twilley

Old August 20th 04, 02:40 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: ARRL to propose subband-by-bandwidth regulation
From: (William)
Date: 8/19/2004 1:07 PM Central Standard Time
From:
(William)
Date: 8/19/2004 7:34 AM Central Standard Time
(N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

"KØHB" wrote in message
thlink.net...
"N2EY" wrote

- No CW-only subbands

There never have been any "CW-only" subbands on HF.

That's true - but there should be!

Odd, when I was first licensed I could only use CW on 80, 40, 15, and 10M.

Wonder what kind of subbands those were?

Narrow band modes, Brainless Twerp, in as much as Conditionals,

Generals,
Advanced and Extras could STILL exercise the full breadth of thier

privileges
there.

Is this the part where The World's Greatest DXer comes in and mentions
that you consistently spell "thier" incorrectly?

And does THAT negate the fact that you were WRONG about YOUR assertion
that there are "CW only" subbands on HF...?!?!

You guys are so predictable.

As are you, Brain.

Try to hide your own inadequacies behind a typo I made...?!?!

The NOVICES may have been limited to using only CW, however NONE of

those
"subbands" was restricted to CW only.

Never.

"Ahven't" they?

Nope.

They were to Novices.

That's not what was said.

btw, anybody who says "CW is dead" should take a look at the ARRL 160 m

contest
scores.

73 de Jim, N2EY

What was your score?

What was YOURS? (More logbooks locked away, no doubt........)

What was yours?

On my desk. Didn't participate in the 160 test, though...Have in the
past, but not this time.

Steve, K4YZ