Old September 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
Subject: Doing Battle? Can't Resist Posting?
From:
(William)
Date: 9/23/2004 8:25 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
.com...
(William) wrote in message

. com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(William)
Date: 9/22/2004 5:00 AM Central Standard Time

Hans, it warms the heart to see someone other than Len saying those

things.

I don't know why.

Because it validates what Len has said for years. That's why.

It doesn't "validate" anything, Brian.

Yes, it does.

It's Hans' opinion, and nothing more.

And the more folks that have this opinion the greater the validation.

See how it works?

See how WHAT works?

Validation! You might want to get back on your meds and improve your
attention span.

He ought to check with a Real MD...the old meds might have some
side-effect which is responsible for the latest behavior...

That Hans doesn't like me? Oooooooh.....I am soooooo hurt.

Nobody -likes you-. You are dislike by some, tolerated by others.
The only thing you have going for you is your desire to keep code
exams. If you didn't have that you would be kicked to the curb in
half a heartbeat.

His various personalities like him, maybe?

Hans has proven himself to chastise and demean others about one form of
conduct and then steps right on out and does it himself.

Gosh, you mean it's not OK to be two-faced? Oh, my!

His Janus argues with hisself? Interesting...

You think the opinion of someone who can't march to his own tune is
problematic to me?

Are you still marching? Someone order this idiot to "halt."

He hears the drumbeat...except there's no drum.

No doubt. And no doubt the never endings there long since lost
thier ability to sense danger.

"thier"

Hi, hi!

If my misuse of one word out of thousands is your only "defense", your
"position" is even weaker than I assumed.

Then you've obviously missed the above, the below, and the last 9
years.

Get back on your meds.

I would suggest he's on the wrong meds...

and you still publically admire him

For all to see.

Yep. Fool that you are.

and condone
his conduct.

I've never witnessed Len threatening to throw bricks through windows,
slash tires, or terrorize anyone's wife.

I've never done it either, Brian. So what's your point.

You create little twisted scenarios where you imagine that other
people will do these evil things that you wish will happen to Len and
his loved ones. You don't know these other people with evil intent,
but you know that they are thinking evil thoughts about Len. Strange
how you can know that. Very, very strange.

Sorry, Brian...It happens all the time.

You dream up twisted little scenarios that actually play out in real
life?

He dreams up twisted little scenarios and thinks that IS real life.

It isn't, but he can't tell the difference.

Pehaps if you actually did have
some training, education or other experience in evaluating human nature and
conduct, it wouldn't come as such a surprise to you.

You're probably right. Crazy people always suprise me.

They don't surprise me despite having "no credentials" in
psychology (only one of his alternate personalities has one,
and that from a night school), but I must admit being astonished
at the various WAYS they go bananas.

Or if you read the news once in a while...

I read where clairvoyants try to help out on cases but they don't
really contribute a damned thing. But, you! You dream up twisted
scenarios and they come true!

You have a gift.

Shhhh...he thinks they "come true" in real life...having an increasing
difficulty separating real life from his fantasy one...that line becomes
blurry and indistinct.

One of the events that inspired that actually occured only a few miles
from where Lennie lives. A few years ago a man spent a lot of time trying

demand changes to local zoning laws for his own benefit. He spent a great

deal
of his own time and money to "prove" why he was right and everyone else was
wrong. Finally someone got tired of his outrageous allegations and demands

and
took it upon themselves to induce him to stop.

I guess nothing happens in BFTennessee?

Sounds like the nutso ex-Marine in what would become Chavez Ravine, the
baseball stadium. LAPD finally subdued him and that was "stopped." :-)

Was years and years ago...before the Los Angeles HRO store moved. :-)

Whatta work of art you are.

Coming from you, I take that as a compliment.

I leave that for the Nat'l Endowment.

:-)

Or threaten to "Dial" a person into custody.

You'd deserve it, Brian.

You said that you were "dialing," and you say that I deserve it.

Why didn't anyone show up at my door?

I think you lied when you said that you were "dialing."

Did you call the authorities or did you lie about it?

Not every contact with Human Services generates an investigative
contact, Brian.

Ask them.

Sometimes it's just a note in a file. Then eventually enough notes

wind
up in that file that when some other intervention becomes necessary, there

is
"background" from which to proceed.

Why are you worried about it..?!?! If your conduct is as you claim it

is,
then it's just a piece of paper in a dusty file.

If it's NOT as you claim...well...then...

The only thing that worries me is that a crazy person is on the loose.
And he has access to a drug locker. Anything could happen.

Seems like there's been more and more male nurses who've been
doing self-proclaimed "mercy killings" in the news in the last few
years...

You certainly need the help and
observation.

I'm good.

No. You're not. You're overtly evasive and mistruthful on a wide

range
of topics. If you did the things you claim then why are you not willing to
prove them?

Then let's talk about your seven hostile actions. Spill your guts.

Everybody ought to get to know the details on those "seven hostile
actions!" Yell-yell could get instant recognition as the heroic "pilot in
command" or something...

You're not.

Still waiting on your presentation of credentials upon which you base

that
assessment, Brian.

Start "dialing." We'll see who they pick up.

Uh huh.

So you didn't call. You lied?

Yell-yell NEVER lies. He say so hisself.

LHA / WMD
Old September 28th 04, 01:32 PM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 9/27/2004 5:49 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,
(William) writes:

Len, I think the training is working. He hasn't used that Yiddish
word for penis for some time. Right now I've got him working on some
low-level insults; I insult him, he tries to act grown-up about it.
At least that's the plan. By the end of his training, we should have
a fully functioning net citizen amongst us. I believe he'll even get
around to apologizing to us and admitting he was wrong about so many
things. Please, wish him luck.

Amazing! Just amazing!

We'll just have to wait until his tranquilizers run out and see if any
of that holds..

What tranquilizers?

...maybe that's your problem...

And no amount of medicines will EVER change the fact that both of you are

liars...
Documented, Proven, and Unrepentant.

Only in nursieworld.

What, no "pathological" liar thingy?

Tsk. That was so much fun...sort of like visiting the Gift Shop at the L.A.
County Coroner's Office...

Your pathologist license get revoked?

That's YOUR legacies as "net citizens".

Tsk. Well, ol' Yell-yell has to back in step 1 of training again. Sigh.

[a LOT more steps than 12 in that program...]

Steve just blew his training. Back to week 1, day 1.

Oh, how I wish I were a real doctor of pathos and could help him more.
Back to reading Pavlov.
Old October 14th 04, 08:03 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , "Kim"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Morse code is slower that ALL modes.

"slower that ALL"??

Dug this up this morning. Goodness, it's getting hard to find anything on
this newsgroup that is really worth even bothering with.

"Morse code is slower than ALL modes." Hmmmm, that's a rather interesting
observation. I think it would have to be determined on when and where.

If
there's a CW net in progress and there are not very experienced people,

then
it probably would be pretty darned slow--and repetitive.

Kim, you are welcome to hold any belief system you wish, but the
FACT that on-off-keyed "CW" morse IS the slowest communications
mode in use today or in use a half century ago. I've seen it up close
and personal throughout this whole past half century. It is evidenciary
in the REST of the radio communications world.

The slowest teleprinter rates of a half century ago was 60 WPM and,
to some degree still with old, worn-out surplus teleprinters of that
era. With Mark-Space shift of 170 Hz, those old, cranky 60 WPM
Teletypes need less than 400 Hz of bandwidth to transmit in FSK.
Those ancient machines (already around well before Jimmie was
born) can run continuously at 60 WPM throughput as long as they
are fed paper rolls and paper tape. I once watched over 200 such
teleprinters busy, busy working continuously 24/7 in the same
place on several "networks."

The old electromechanical Teletypes of the 1970s can sustain 100
WPM throughput as long as the old 1940s era machines did. A
modern PC can emulate either of them and go faster, having much
more mass memory to store archives of network messages.

It is the EXCEPTIONAL rarity now to find any two morsemen at
each end of a ham radio circuit who can do SUSTAINED "network"
communications by on-off-keyed "CW" morse at 40 WPM for
hours. HOURS. Networks need hours if the number of messages
are great.

I've known a couple of speed freak morsemen who had regular
QSOs along the California coast, doing bursting rates of about
60 WPM for a minute or so at a time. I took their word for it, not
hearing their ham transmissions. A minute or so at a high rate of
morse is not good enough for real networking, copying down and
recording for later re-transmission of message content.

However, under dire circumstances when, presumably, a CW net would be
underway with very experienced communicators and would be the fastest,

most
efficient method of communication (hands down, no pun intended). For

once,
this is a thread wherein the real point of CW can be highlighted. CW may

or
may not ALWAYS be the "one mode that gets through when no other will."

But,
it's hard to argue that CW--if clear and done well--is the fastest and

most
efficient mode.

Nonsense alive and well only in the imaginative fantasies of mighty
macho morsemen. Real networks don't operate on imagination.
"Error-free" messages don't get relayed through self-glorified boasting.

The rest of the radio communications AND wire communications world
learned that between a full century and a half century ago. That's why
NONE of them use morse code for message communications now.

All that said, I think that radiotelegraphy IS faster than the old

British
and French semaphore communications systems. Morse radio-
telegraphy IS faster than the pony express and IS faster than paper
surface mail. Radiotelegraphy does reach out farther than the human
voice can transmit unaided by anything but the human body.
Other than that, morse radiotelegraphy still remains the slowest
mode of communications available to radio amateurs.

Those who want to fantasize that morse is "faster" or "better" will
have to set up a controlled test NOT in morse favor to demonstrate
that alleged fact. Let all those might macho morsemen sustain
20 to 40 WPM continuously for an 8-hour period...and do the
communications with LESS error than any teleprinter circuit.

Jim has stated that the throughput of a rtty system may be limited by
the typing speed of the operator. The example he used is that the
rtty operator might only be able to type 10wpm, thus rendering the
rtty a 10wpm machine.

Jimmie apparently has lots and lots of teleprinter inexperience to
draw contusions from. Hi hi.

The old, old Teletypes could be handled by relatively inexperienced
touch typists at about 40 WPM without preparing any p-tape. Not
a problem as I found out in the Army after a year's absence from
any typing device and four years after taking my first middle school
typing class. After a week of that, simple practice allowed doing it
at the machine maximum of 60 WPM. [the Model 15 through
Model 19 would actually "kick back" and refuse to accept key
input faster than 60 WPM].

There's somewhat the same keyboard lock-out at maximum rate
in the Model 28s and later that are 100 WPM maximums. Few
touch typists can go that fast except in bursts.

It's a fact, visible to anyone around a real communications center,
that p-tape is what is used for continuous throughput. It was that
way during WW2 at Washington Army Radio and continued on
through AUTODIN days until the DSN replaced almost all of it.

Even though Jimmie is ready to make remarks about an older
article on "morse code mainstay" (or something like it) at WAR,
the Signal Corps historical facts are that teleprinting was the
bulk message carrier in the U.S. military back in WW2 times.

I responded that the throughput of a CW system might be limited by the
Morse Code operator only knowing the code at 10wpm.

That's totally irrelevant when trying to "discuss" morsemanship
with a morseman. :-)

Morsemanship is always "discussed" by morsemen at the highest
possible rates, of course with zero errors at both ends of the
circuit. Non-morse communications are always done (according
to morsemen) at the slowest possible rates and with a maximum
of errors.

So, according to the mighty macho morsemen, all those OTHER
radio services NOT using morse code for messaging are always
"in error," "telling lies," "misrepresenting the facts," etc. :-)

Tsk. All those other radio services involved in communications
simply stopped using on-off keyed "CW" morse because it was
slow, error-prone, and subject to human frailties of many kinds.

I wanted to know how that was different from his example. So far no
response.

Don't expect any. :-)

Jimmie dreams his dreams of being the Best, or at least among
the very best morsemen at a time when the rest of the world has
gotten on with change and long ago changed to newer, faster,
better techniques of communications by radio.

He wants all of amateur radio to idolize, revere, respect, and honor
morsemen and to keep on recreating the past of the 30s and 20s
when the real radio communications pioneering was going on. Not
having existed at that time, he wants to relive it over and over again
to the point of making tube rigs during the 1990s as an example of
"advancing the state of the amateur radio art." [using "recycled"
parts, of course...:-) ] Recycled "state of the art" also.

The Archaic Radiotelegraphy Society should be proud of him. :-)