Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th 04, 06:33 AM
Robert Casey

If it happened once, it can happen again. We don't really know what made it
fail that way.

Of course the story makes good news copy on a slow day, but it's hardly
a remarkable incident,

False signal on a distress frequency? Possible fine of $10,000 if the owner
turns it on again? Somewhat remarkable to me.

Stations in distress may only be able to produce QRP level
signals. Thus you want to have *NO* QRM on those frequencies.

If I were the owner I'd unplug it and be screaming at the
manufacturer to come get it and fix or replace it.