Old October 26th 04, 09:54 PM
Dave Bushong

Default ARRL Endorses Kerry

Bill Fane wrote:
This is outrageous!

I am resigning my ARRL membership today.

The ARRL announced it is endorsing John Kerry for
president. I always knew the league was a leftist
organization, and now they have proved it by endorsing
Kerry. I predict a flurry of resignations. The ARRL really
stepped in it this time!

Bill Fane
San Francisco

"Vote Democrat - It's easier than thinking"
Old November 1st 04, 02:32 AM
D. Stussy

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Bill Fane wrote:
This is outrageous!

I am resigning my ARRL membership today.

The ARRL announced it is endorsing John Kerry for
president. I always knew the league was a leftist
organization, and now they have proved it by endorsing
Kerry. I predict a flurry of resignations. The ARRL really
stepped in it this time!

If this were actually true, then the ARRL can kiss their non-profit status
goodbye....
Old November 1st 04, 02:57 AM
OH YEAH

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Bill Fane wrote:
This is outrageous!

I am resigning my ARRL membership today.

The ARRL announced it is endorsing John Kerry for
president. I always knew the league was a leftist
organization, and now they have proved it by endorsing
Kerry. I predict a flurry of resignations. The ARRL really
stepped in it this time!

If this were actually true, then the ARRL can kiss their non-profit status
goodbye....

What difference does it make. IF the FCC is selling Ham down the tubes via
the BPL and the ARRL was - 1. agreeing to it -or- 2. not powerful enough
to stop it, it won't matter much longer. Soon Ham will be a bust, ARRL will
be gone because there won't be a need for any members and so on. I dropped
out of the ARRL a long time ago for a couple reasons. Personally, I think
they got too big for their shorts, now they may have to eat them.

I met a couple of the losers who were voted in to be representatives. Man,
they thought their **** didn't stink. Wonder what they'll do if the plug is
pulled. They won't be able to act like big shots anymore.

TRM

Old November 2nd 04, 01:22 PM
William

"Lloyd" wrote in message ...

Remember incentive licensing? Remember cash contributions
to the HQ building fund in the 60s? Remember how the league
refused to bulk air mail QST to members in Hawaii?

73,

Lloyd

I remember getting QST all ragged and two months after the fact on
Guam. At the U.S. Post Office.

Old November 8th 04, 01:55 AM
D. Stussy

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, OH YEAH wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
[...]

The difference is that non-profits cannot endorse candidates. Lobbying or
endorsing CONCEPTS, i.e. legislation, is permitted within the limits of
Internal Revenue Code Section 501(h).
Old November 8th 04, 03:46 AM
Robert Casey

I met a couple of the losers who were voted in to be representatives. Man,
they thought their **** didn't stink.

They poop ice cream....

:-)
Old November 15th 04, 09:21 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Subject: ARRL Endorses Kerry
From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 10/31/2004 8:32 PM Central Standard Time
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Bill Fane wrote:
This is outrageous!

I am resigning my ARRL membership today.

The ARRL announced it is endorsing John Kerry for
president. I always knew the league was a leftist
organization, and now they have proved it by endorsing
Kerry. I predict a flurry of resignations. The ARRL really
stepped in it this time!

If this were actually true, then the ARRL can kiss their non-profit status
goodbye....

You just LOVE being 2 weeks behind just about everything, don't you,
Dieter...???

1) If you had any iota of knowledge about the law, you would know that I am
correct. (My other reply cited the appropriate statute on this issue).

I have a more-than-adequate knowledge of the law.

I also have a more-than-adequate knowledge of what constitutes
reasonable common sense. You don't make the grade.

2) As previously stated and unlike you, I have a life outside of amateur radio
and this newsgroup. Sometimes, I don't even have time to check in weekly,
unlike you, who apparently has nothing better to do than to sit by your
computer and wait for the next post to arrive.

Hardly. Refer to previous post.

That you make up such silly excuses for your lapses in attention
and inadequate excuses for common sense on further strengthens my
opinion that you're headed for a monumental humiliation if you keep
pushing this "Bill Pasternak is unethical" rant.

Steve, K4YZ
Old November 21st 04, 10:06 AM
JerrSingle

From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 11/7/2004 5:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, OH YEAH wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
[...]

Hey I knew ARRL was good for something besides Ham Radio.
Tuxedo Darien

ARRL Endorses Kerry Evan Platt General 7 November 8th 04 03:46 AM
ARRL Endorses Kerry Steve Robeson K4CAP Policy 0 October 26th 04 01:20 PM
ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM