Old December 4th 04, 01:12 AM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

Subject: amateur radio hypocrites
From: "Charles Brabham"
Date: 12/3/2004 6:44 PM Central Standard Time

Hans has a point, there. - But like most folks, I don't skate around the
edges of the law while on the air; preferring to have a bit of cushion
there. A little extra civility while on the air is a very good policy in my
opinion, law or no law.

And it's ON the air that I cited...But Hans, ever the bully and "King
of the Hill", was just anxious to find a reason to justify his childish and
ever-depreciating tone that he skipped over that part. Guess he thought no one
would notice. Sucks to be him.

Darned shame he logged all that (alleged) education, only to let it go to
waste when it would do him the most good.

I hope I age more gracefully than he has. That much anxiety and
frustration only adds to your medical problems as you age.

Steve, K4YZ

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

I dare you to say it over your Amateur Radio station knowing that the
FCC
is monitoring, Dee. I consider it profane, approximately or otherwise,
and so
does Uncle.

Please use your assigned callsign, and make sure you remind all
listeners
that it's "merely" vulgar, and not "profane". I am sure they will be
impressed
as they write out the citation.

First, this newsgroup isn't Amateur Radio and FCC doesn't give a rats ass
what we write here.

Second, even though "profane" or even "vulgar" language is in bad taste on
Amateur Radio, it is not illegal so no citation has been (nor would be)
issued for "profane" or "vulgar".

Obscenity would get you a citation, but bull**** is not on the famous "7
words" list.

Sunuvagun!

73, de Hans, K0HB

The good old days ain't what they used to be, but then again, they never
were.

Old December 4th 04, 01:37 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

ability to hold a person's attention just by being
overbearing and abusive.

Hey, "overbearing and abusive" I learned from you! I bow to the Master!

Gotta love that "paternal parent fornicating scumbag" vulgarity-line of yours
too. Nice! The "hypocrite" thing in the thread title sure fits you well, and
you seem so prideful of it. Good job.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 4th 04, 02:23 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

Gotta love that "paternal parent fornicating scumbag" vulgarity-line of yours

too.

But...but...but...HANS!

None of THOSE words were on the "seven words" list either!

Of course they're not. I just googled them up out your old posts to show how
your pompous indignant hand-wringing about bad language rings as hollow as your
empty morals.

That, and to watch you jump like a puppet when we pull your strings.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 4th 04, 02:36 AM
N2EY

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

The issue can't go the same as spark and AM as these two activities went
different directions. Spark is simply not allowed due to the fact that it
chews up so much spectrum.

There's also the fact that hams simply stopped using spark in the early 1920s.
"CW" (meaning "tube") rigs were so much more effective that by the time spark
was outlawed for hams (1927), there were few if any hams still using it.

Kind of like asking if anybody is using a 286-based computer to surf the 'net
today.

Oddly enough, spark was not completely banned from all other radio services
until 1966.

If you think our society today is undergoing rapid techological change, look at
the development of radio (both amateur and nonamateur) from 1919 to 1929.

On the other hand AM is still allowed and has
developed into a niche subhobby of ham radio.

Yep. In fact, it seems to me that AM has undergone a revival in the past 15-20
years.

When I first got started in ham radio in the late 1960s, there were few hams
using AM on HF compared to SSB. AM rigs that had been prized a decade or so
earlier could be had for a song, and the number of hams on AM was dropping
fast. When repeaters became popular in the 1970s, amateur VHF/UHF AM followed
fast.

But somewhere in the late 1980s-early 1990s the trend turned. Old AM rigs were
fixed up and put back on the air. Newer hams, who had never been on AM before,
began to show up on 3885 and other spots. Of course it's just IMHO, but it
seems to me there is more AM activity on amateur HF today than 30-35 years ago
- and it's growing.

While the code test may go
away, I doubt if code will be forbidden. And due to its usefulness, it's
unlikely to descend to the small niche that AM has.

I hope you're right, Dee.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old December 4th 04, 05:50 AM
Alun

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
:

"Alun" wrote in message
"Randy A. Hefner" wrote in
:

The problem with many (not all) ham radio operators is that they
think they own the frequencies assigned to them and they have a
"right" to use them.

Neither is true!

Randy
KD4OWL

"Psychiatrist to Hams" wrote in message

"HammComm" wrote in message
. com...
K1MAN does it he's a jammer and a lid.

W1AW does it it's a service to the amateur radio community.

Hams are hypocrites, just little whiners who got their asses kick
at school everyday now they think they're something.

Hams like to whine & cry.
To wit:

-A.M. guys whined & cried about how sideband was the ruin of ham
radio. -Incentive licensing ruined ham radio.
-No code licenses will ruin ham radio.
-ARRL is ruining ham radio.
-KV4FZ will ruin ham radio.
-K1MAN will ruin ham radio.
-(this space reserved for future whining & crying.)

---

This whole thread so far seems like a troll, but if it is it's not
really working, because you're right.

There is a large contingent of hams who don't want anything to change,
ever. For a technology based hobby that's a seriously weird POV, as
the whole basis of technology is change itself. Change is as
inevitable as death and taxes.

FWIW, I have no problem with K1MAN, as I don't see much difference
between his bulletins and those of W1AW. The only differences are of
the same order as those between, say, ABC and CBS. The remedy is also
the same, i.e. if you don't like one or the other, change the
channel/frequency.

The international requirement for a code test had a beginning and an
end. It began in 1927, and ended in 2003. It wasn't there at the
beginning of the hobby, and it's not there now. It's a pity that the
FCC will take so long to do anything about it, but they will.
Hopefully then this issue will go the same way as spark and AM.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

The issue can't go the same as spark and AM as these two activities
went different directions. Spark is simply not allowed due to the fact
that it chews up so much spectrum. On the other hand AM is still
allowed and has developed into a niche subhobby of ham radio. While
the code test may go away, I doubt if code will be forbidden. And due
to its usefulness, it's unlikely to descend to the small niche that AM
has.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I could see it one day becoming as much of a niche as AM. There are many
other telegraphy modes in use.