RadioBanter

-   -   Awesome trainer! (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27973-awesome-trainer.html)

Dee D. Flint December 11th 04 04:38 PM

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote

What was the URL? I cleaned out the newsgroup and forgot to save that

info.

Go to www.dxatlas.com and look for "Morse Runner"

73, de Hans, K0HB

Thanks!

KØHB December 11th 04 07:24 PM

"Psychiatrist to Hams" wrote

You are growing much to sensative.

I'm just a very sensitive guy, sorta the "Alan Alda" of rrap.

3, de Hans, K0HB

N2EY December 11th 04 08:08 PM

In article . net, "KØHB"
writes:

I'm just a very sensitive guy, sorta the "Alan Alda" of rrap.

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Scroll down to the lyrics of this 1990 song.

btw "usting" is a typo, should be "dusting".

73 de Jim, N2EY

....who once performed that very song live-on-stage with Ms. Lavin....

KØHB December 11th 04 08:27 PM

"N2EY" wrote

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes
two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Sorry, Jim, but if you sang that song on stage while not under the influence of
recreational chemicals, then you got me beat-all-to-hell in the sensitivity
department. I'm sensitive more along the lines of
http://www.olgoat.com/substuff/dex91.htm

73, de Hans, K0HB

N2EY December 11th 04 09:11 PM

In article et, "KØHB"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes
two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Sorry, Jim, but if you sang that song on stage while not under the influence
of recreational chemicals, then you got me beat-all-to-hell in the sensitivity

department.

I'm too sensitive to brag about it, though....

I'm sensitive more along the lines of
http://www.olgoat.com/substuff/dex91.htm

HAW! That's a good one!

"You will find a life-size representation of a raghat
with his peacoat collar turned up and his seabag"

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

73 de Jim, N2EY

KØHB December 11th 04 09:55 PM

"N2EY" wrote

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

Whoever did that memorial absolutely nailed the essence of being an American
Bluejacket. As Dex so aptly puts it ---

"Hey world, you name the game... Pick out your chunk of ocean and we'll find you
and whip your ass."

.....or as someone else put it at http://tinyurl.com/3dnws

73, de Hans, K0HB

JAMES HAMPTON December 12th 04 02:56 AM

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...
VE3NEA has written a very sophisticated morse trainer. It supports Win 95
through XP, and implements QRN, QRM, QSB, flutter and even LIDs!

Adjustable cw
pitch, bandwidth, and RIT are included.

--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Hello, Hans

Some folks I'm reading in the thread might have preferred the method in RMA
school. You *will* copy 16 words per minute before you graduate. You
*will* graduate in (was it 8 weeks? I forget). Or else. Vietnam was hot.
No one wanted the "fail and sail" option. People *did* learn Morse code in
record time :))

BTW, they had recently reduced the code speed when I was in RMA school in
1967. I believe it had been 18 words per minute and they had reduced it to
16. Oh yes, you had to memorize the BAUDOT code also.

After leaving the service, I was working at Kodak and took a part time job
at WADD in Brockport, NY, a small am radio station. I was in a rush and
ripped copy from the teletype. The guy breaking me in was watching over my
shoulder as I started the news. LOL ... right in the middle of one article
the teletype took a hit and shifted out of letters and into gibberish. I
read right through it. After we went back to the records he asked "how in
hell did you do that?". I told him 4 years in the Navy running teletypes
tend to do that to you. I was used to it. ;)

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

KØHB December 12th 04 03:41 AM

"JAMES HAMPTON" wrote

Some folks I'm reading in the thread might have preferred the method in RMA
school. You *will* copy 16 words per minute before you graduate. You
*will* graduate in (was it 8 weeks? I forget). Or else.

Never had the pleasure of RMA school. Although I was a ham, out of boot camp
they sent me to RDA school at GLakes. Reported aboard my first tin-can as an
RDSN on a Saturday. On Monday AM the PN's checked me in and introducted me to
the Ops Boss who saw I was a ham. Turned out they had a surplus of scope dopes,
but needed some RM's in the worst way, so he "temporarily" assigned me to OC
instead of OI division. Thus ended my short career as an RD and started my
career as an RM. Years later BuPers still had canniptions about my gundecked
rate change.

After leaving the service, I was working at Kodak and took a part time job
at WADD in Brockport, NY, a small am radio station. I was in a rush and
ripped copy from the teletype. The guy breaking me in was watching over my
shoulder as I started the news. LOL ... right in the middle of one article
the teletype took a hit and shifted out of letters and into gibberish.

Worse than that were the model-28s whose stunt box inadvertently had the
"unshift-on-space" toggled on. Then get a 4-section logreq which is 85%
numerals and have to mentally bit-shift that summabitch back to figs so the SK's
could read it!

73, de Hans, K0HB

Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê December 12th 04 06:39 AM

"Casey" wrote in message

:
:
:
: Oh how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero grow more
: exotic and more exaggerated as the years pass and the number of
: brown bottles consumed down at the Legion Hall grows. Do join Hans
: down at the Legion Hall. Friday nite Happy Hour awards are given for
: who can spin most incredible sea story.
: ROTFLMAO! You old farts need to get a life!
:
:

Yo mama is down at the Legion, and she's a real hero there! Says she runs
Firefox browser on Win-NT! What a gal!

BGO

N2EY December 12th 04 01:08 PM

In article , "Casey" writes:

how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero

As I read Hans' and Jim's and others' stories of their USN, USCG and Merchant
Marine experiences, one thing that is clear to me is that they do *not* claim
to be "one-of-a-kind" at all. Rather, they are simply relating their
experiences as part of a community. That's why the statue of a single sailor in
Washington DC can express so much.