Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th 05, 04:32 AM
N9OGL

Default The FCC

The FCC

FROM N9OGL'S BLOG

http://n9oglvoice.blogspot.com/

The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) are slime, no they are below
slime. As most of aware I have been fighting a long battle against the
FCC over the licensing system. This battle began in the 1997, 1998 when
I applied six time for a Low Power TV license for a community which has
no local television service. The FCC dismissed the application and
waivers because they weren't filed during the filing window(although
the courts had ruled that the FCC must consider waivers and waivers can
be filed at anytime). As I stated to John Shimkus (who's on the House
Sub Committee on Telecommunication) why should I or anyone else
continue to apply for a license if the FCC won't consider an
application or waiver. It is in fact a waste of time and MONEY to
continue to try to get a license, and the ones who hurt the most is the
community. Here in central Illinois there are not that many TV
stations, so there is a number of television frequency available. So by
not consider my application and waiver the FCC hurt the public interest
because the community of Taylorville still has no local TV service. So
after applying six times I decide to go on the air without a license
because it was a waste of time to apply. In 1999 my group applied for a
low power FM license and again the FCC and Congress ****ED me, my group
and the community out of a valuable resource. Now, I'm going to
enlighten the ham community with my knowledge and I'm not going to let
some licensed CB operator screw me out of that....So let the fight
begin!

Todd N9OGL