RadioBanter

-   -   Guess The Government Isn't Paying Attention to Lennie...??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/67566-guess-government-isnt-paying-attention-lennie.html)

bb April 4th 05 12:31 AM

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty
Exercise

NEWINGTON, CT, Mar 21, 2005--Amateur Radio Emergency

Service
(ARES)
members in Connecticut, New Jersey and several other

states
in
the
Northeastern US are preparing to take part in what's

being
characterized as the most comprehensive terrorism

response
exercise
ever conducted in the US. Sponsored by the US Department

of
Homeland
Security and intended as a realistic test of the nation's
homeland
security system, the exercise--TOPOFF 3--gets under way

Monday,
April
4, and continues through the week.

SNIP

As usual...rants derailed by facts.

73

Steve, K4YZ

I don't see any mention of the FCC nor Len.

Who mentioned the FCC, Brain?

(1) Notice the title..."Guess The Government Isn't

Paying
Attention to Lennie?"...?!?!

(2) "Sponsored by the US Department of Homeland

Security
and
intended as a realistic test of the nation's homeland

security
system..."(SNIP)

See...?!?! You screwed up...AGAIN.

The Dept of Homeland Security didn't mention Len either.

And you've still not picked up (or are ignoring due to

extreme
mebarrassment) that your attempt to defeat the post was derailed

on
your lack of accuracy.

And you're absolutely right about Lennie...No meniton of
him...

Right again.

And that's because no one outside this forum finds him even

the
least bit accurate.

However HIS rants in this forum as to how unimportant

Amateur
Radio is and how we "self-glorify" ourselves are numerous and

well
known.

The importance of amateur radio is easily overblown.

To whom? The governmental agencies who still spend a lot of

time
and money making sure they have Amateur Radio assets in thier
facilities, or the disaster relief agencies that still call on

them
in
a wide range of natural and man-made disasters...???

The utility of
amateur radio in emergencies is entirely dependent on mostly

aging
men,
who may or may not be available to assist in emergencies.

"Entirely dependent"...?!?!

Brian, I'll give you a big hint here...Your mouth is

over-running
your common sense again.

Also...I D E M A N D that you cite even ONE instance

wherein
ARES, RACES, etc, did NOT respond because they were "...entirely
dependent on mostly aging men who may or may not be available to

assist
in emergencies"...

For example,
you have the rickyranger kind of guys who volunteer for ARES,

MARS,
Red Cross, CAP, and probably other acronyms that he has yet to

reveal
to the group, yet have primary responsibilities as an emergency

room
nurse. So when the emergency happens, ARES, MARS and CAP are

left
hanging.

Nice try...

Your "one example" of one persson who MAY not be able to

respond
is
irrelevent. Even with my "duties" here I STILL manage to spend

time
for both CAP AND ARES.

The F A C T S remain that ARES and other Amateur Radio

related
response organizations ARE still "in the que" as far as Homeland
Defense, The Red Cross, etc etc etc are concerned.

That's not "overblown". It's the truth.

The news release was absolutely proof positive that

Lennie's
assessments of Amateur Radio's disaster related services are
unfounded
and, to say the least, inaccurate.

Not entirely. It is situationally dependent.

No, it's not.

Neither you or Lennie can produce ONE example of ANY

situation
in
which ARES or any other Amateur Radio organization did not/could

not
respond.

Just like I said.

I forgot. You're always right.

Not always. Just most of the time when it comes to anything
dealing with you...Like right now...

As usual, rants derailed by facts.

You're absolutely right...And you did it to yourself...

"Hi!"

Steve, K4YZ

This isn't about me.

Sure it is.

YOU made even MORE assinine assertions that were, on

immediate
inspection, flawed and inaccurate.

Sucks to be you, Brain.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, I don't see much reason to respond to your demands.

Of course you don't.

You can't.

You make assinine, poorly constructed assertions, then when asked
to substantiate them, you wallow around looking for a way out without
admitting that you don't have an adequate answer.

I don't see anyone wallowing around looking for anything. I see you
being your pathetic self.

bb April 4th 05 01:02 AM

bb wrote:
Phil Kane wrote:
On 24 Mar 2005 02:30:36 -0800, K4YZ wrote:

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

[balanced snipped]

Yup - it's real - and nationwide. I get to sit in the local
hospital's EOC passing traffic on ham channels for two - count

'em
-
two shifts during this one. They won't even let me see the

scripts
until I get there, too.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are not
enough amateur volunteers.

Phil Kane April 4th 05 05:10 AM

On 3 Apr 2005 17:02:14 -0700, bb wrote:

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

It's a two-day exercise, and I can make it both days.

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are not
enough amateur volunteers.

Actually, we have six operators qualified for that location, and we
work in teams of three (county voice net, inter-hospital voice net,
county-wide packet net) so we'll have plenty of operators. I didn't
duck fast enough so I got designated as "assistant station manager" -
that and two bucks will get me a cup of bad coffee that I don't
drink anyhow.....but they do feed us if we hang around long enough.
ggg

We did get called out today for an AMTRAK derailment because the ER
didn't know how many casualties would be diverted to our hospital.
Fortunately there were none so we stood down after two hours.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

K4YZ April 4th 05 01:59 PM

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

How do you come up with "pathetic", Brian?

YOU have made yet another anti-Amateur Radio statement, but then
when asked to substantiate the claim, you duck and hide, again trying
to redirect attention from YOUR silly statements.

THAT is pathetic. Not even the King's New Clothes were THAT
transparent!

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ April 4th 05 02:56 PM

bb wrote:
bb wrote:
Phil Kane wrote:
On 24 Mar 2005 02:30:36 -0800, K4YZ wrote:

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty

Exercise

[balanced snipped]

Yup - it's real - and nationwide. I get to sit in the local
hospital's EOC passing traffic on ham channels for two - count

'em
-
two shifts during this one. They won't even let me see the

scripts
until I get there, too.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are not
enough amateur volunteers.

I guess that presupposes that Phil DOESN'T like volunteering for
those shifts and is somehow being FORCED to do so...

Steve, K4YZ

bb April 4th 05 11:31 PM

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

I come up with "pathetic" quite easily. The word handily describes the
guy who attacks anyone who holds an opinion other than the one you
hold.

Prove you opinions.

bb April 4th 05 11:38 PM

Phil Kane wrote:
On 3 Apr 2005 17:02:14 -0700, bb wrote:

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

It's a two-day exercise, and I can make it both days.

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are not
enough amateur volunteers.

Actually, we have six operators qualified for that location, and we
work in teams of three (county voice net, inter-hospital voice net,
county-wide packet net) so we'll have plenty of operators.

Now c'mon Phil. I used to write duty schedules, so I know how many
times two teams of three fit into a calendar day. Is this a two-day
ORI?

bb April 4th 05 11:40 PM

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
bb wrote:
Phil Kane wrote:
[...]

I'm just trying to see how these volunteers fit into County EMA, Red
Cross, etc., needs.

K4YZ April 5th 05 10:23 AM

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

You make assinine, poorly constructed assertions, then when

asked
to substantiate them, you wallow around looking for a way out

without
admitting that you don't have an adequate answer.

I don't see anyone wallowing around looking for anything. I see

you
being your pathetic self.

How do you come up with "pathetic", Brian?

I come up with "pathetic" quite easily. The word handily describes

the
guy who attacks anyone who holds an opinion other than the one you
hold.

There are several people in here with whom I have disagreed and/or
carried on length discussions at opposite ends of the verbal see-saw.

Only you, Todd, Lennie, and a couple others have huffed up the
tone.

Prove you opinions.

My "opinions" are that you are not truthful and/or will not prove
your assertions.

(1) "I operated legally from Somalia". As of today, still not a
single reference to a single bit of evidence that corroborates your
claim.

(2) "Unlicensed devices play a major role in emergency
communications". Again, not a single bit of evidence that there is
anything but some distant, ancilliary role that "unlicensed" deveices
play in ANY emergency communications, and certainly not a single
reference to any communications plan of any organization that makes
them a "major role". Even REACT has all-but-abandoned Class D CB in
favor of using GMRS for it's operations!

(3) "I've worked enough DX from my other duty postings in Korea
and Guam to make DXCC several times over." An obvious paraphrase on my
part, but you've still not ponied up any evidence of having
accomplished DXCC even ONCE, from ANY location, let alone FROM a DXCC
location.

(4) "Amateur Radio's role in emergency services is overplayed
because in an emergency, they won't be able to respond due to too few
operators or operators unable to do it due to age or health". Again, a
paraphrase, but an accurate and very, VERY recent one. You've still
not ponied up a SINGLE example of ARES or any other Amateur Radio based
service NOT fulfilling it's promised responses. Not a one.

So there are four prime examples of YOU not substantiating YOUR
claims, thereby proving MY opinions that you are NOT truthful and that
YOU do not prove YOUR assertions.

Anything else?

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ April 5th 05 02:04 PM

bb wrote:
Phil Kane wrote:
On 3 Apr 2005 17:02:14 -0700, bb wrote:

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

It's a two-day exercise, and I can make it both days.

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are

not
enough amateur volunteers.

Actually, we have six operators qualified for that location, and

we
work in teams of three (county voice net, inter-hospital voice

net,
county-wide packet net) so we'll have plenty of operators.

Now c'mon Phil. I used to write duty schedules, so I know how many
times two teams of three fit into a calendar day. Is this a two-day
ORI?

Always at a deficit for information, aren't you, Brian?

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interap...orial_0588.xml

TOPOFF-3 will be four days. More than ample time for any one
person to pull more than one "shift" during the exercise, depending on
how you're defining "shift".

12 hour shifts: Four (assuming 12 on / 12 off)

8 hour shifts: Six (assuming 8 on / 8 off)

4 hour shifts: Eight (assuming 4 on / 8 off)

Brian...You CAN pull more than two shifts under ONE of those
formats, couldn't you...??? I sure could, and will. CAP is a
participating agency in this.

Steve, K4YZ