Old March 24th 05, 10:30 AM
K4YZ

Default Guess The Government Isn't Paying Attention to Lennie...???

From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

NEWINGTON, CT, Mar 21, 2005--Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
members in Connecticut, New Jersey and several other states in the
Northeastern US are preparing to take part in what's being
characterized as the most comprehensive terrorism response exercise
ever conducted in the US. Sponsored by the US Department of Homeland
Security and intended as a realistic test of the nation's homeland
security system, the exercise--TOPOFF 3--gets under way Monday, April
4, and continues through the week.

SNIP

As usual...rants derailed by facts.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 25th 05, 02:49 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

NEWINGTON, CT, Mar 21, 2005--Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
members in Connecticut, New Jersey and several other states in the
Northeastern US are preparing to take part in what's being
characterized as the most comprehensive terrorism response exercise
ever conducted in the US. Sponsored by the US Department of Homeland
Security and intended as a realistic test of the nation's homeland
security system, the exercise--TOPOFF 3--gets under way Monday, April
4, and continues through the week.

SNIP

As usual...rants derailed by facts.

73

Steve, K4YZ

I don't see any mention of the FCC nor Len.

As usual, rants derailed by facts. Hi!

Old March 25th 05, 03:01 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

NEWINGTON, CT, Mar 21, 2005--Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
members in Connecticut, New Jersey and several other states in the
Northeastern US are preparing to take part in what's being
characterized as the most comprehensive terrorism response exercise
ever conducted in the US. Sponsored by the US Department of

Homeland
Security and intended as a realistic test of the nation's homeland
security system, the exercise--TOPOFF 3--gets under way Monday,

April
4, and continues through the week.

SNIP

As usual...rants derailed by facts.

73

Steve, K4YZ

I don't see any mention of the FCC nor Len.

Who mentioned the FCC, Brain?

(1) Notice the title..."Guess The Government Isn't Paying
Attention to Lennie?"...?!?!

(2) "Sponsored by the US Department of Homeland Security and
intended as a realistic test of the nation's homeland security
system..."(SNIP)

See...?!?! You screwed up...AGAIN.

And you're absolutely right about Lennie...No meniton of him...

However HIS rants in this forum as to how unimportant Amateur
Radio is and how we "self-glorify" ourselves are numerous and well
known.

The news release was absolutely proof positive that Lennie's
assessments of Amateur Radio's disaster related services are unfounded
and, to say teh least, inaccurate.

Just like I said.

As usual, rants derailed by facts.

You're absolutely right...And you did it to yourself...

"Hi!"

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 25th 05, 04:59 AM
Phil Kane

On 24 Mar 2005 02:30:36 -0800, K4YZ wrote:

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

[balanced snipped]

Yup - it's real - and nationwide. I get to sit in the local
hospital's EOC passing traffic on ham channels for two - count 'em -
two shifts during this one. They won't even let me see the scripts
until I get there, too.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old March 25th 05, 06:23 AM
K4YZ

-
two shifts during this one. They won't even let me see the scripts
until I get there, too.....

They just installed our new Amateur station, tower and all, at my
facility, but I don't think we get to play...

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 25th 05, 03:08 PM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

The Dept of Homeland Security didn't mention Len either.

And you're absolutely right about Lennie...No meniton of him...

Right again.

However HIS rants in this forum as to how unimportant Amateur
Radio is and how we "self-glorify" ourselves are numerous and well
known.

The importance of amateur radio is easily overblown. The utility of
amateur radio in emergencies is entirely dependent on mostly aging men,
who may or may not be available to assist in emergencies. For example,
you have the rickyranger kind of guys who volunteer for ARES, MARS,
Red Cross, CAP, and probably other acronyms that he has yet to reveal
to the group, yet have primary responsibilities as an emergency room
nurse. So when the emergency happens, ARES, MARS and CAP are left
hanging.

The news release was absolutely proof positive that Lennie's
assessments of Amateur Radio's disaster related services are

unfounded
and, to say teh least, inaccurate.

Not entirely. It is situationally dependent.

Just like I said.

I forgot. You're always right.

As usual, rants derailed by facts.

You're absolutely right...And you did it to yourself...

"Hi!"

Steve, K4YZ

This isn't about me.

Old March 26th 05, 07:00 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

And you've still not picked up (or are ignoring due to extreme
mebarrassment) that your attempt to defeat the post was derailed on
your lack of accuracy.

And you're absolutely right about Lennie...No meniton of

him...

Right again.

And that's because no one outside this forum finds him even the
least bit accurate.

However HIS rants in this forum as to how unimportant Amateur
Radio is and how we "self-glorify" ourselves are numerous and well
known.

The importance of amateur radio is easily overblown.

To whom? The governmental agencies who still spend a lot of time
and money making sure they have Amateur Radio assets in thier
facilities, or the disaster relief agencies that still call on them in
a wide range of natural and man-made disasters...???

The utility of
amateur radio in emergencies is entirely dependent on mostly aging

men,
who may or may not be available to assist in emergencies.

"Entirely dependent"...?!?!

Brian, I'll give you a big hint here...Your mouth is over-running
your common sense again.

Also...I D E M A N D that you cite even ONE instance wherein
ARES, RACES, etc, did NOT respond because they were "...entirely
dependent on mostly aging men who may or may not be available to assist
in emergencies"...

For example,
you have the rickyranger kind of guys who volunteer for ARES, MARS,
Red Cross, CAP, and probably other acronyms that he has yet to reveal
to the group, yet have primary responsibilities as an emergency room
nurse. So when the emergency happens, ARES, MARS and CAP are left
hanging.

Nice try...

Your "one example" of one persson who MAY not be able to respond is
irrelevent. Even with my "duties" here I STILL manage to spend time
for both CAP AND ARES.

The F A C T S remain that ARES and other Amateur Radio related
response organizations ARE still "in the que" as far as Homeland
Defense, The Red Cross, etc etc etc are concerned.

That's not "overblown". It's the truth.

The news release was absolutely proof positive that Lennie's
assessments of Amateur Radio's disaster related services are

unfounded
and, to say the least, inaccurate.

Not entirely. It is situationally dependent.

No, it's not.

Neither you or Lennie can produce ONE example of ANY situation in
which ARES or any other Amateur Radio organization did not/could not
respond.

Just like I said.

I forgot. You're always right.

Not always. Just most of the time when it comes to anything
dealing with you...Like right now...

As usual, rants derailed by facts.

You're absolutely right...And you did it to yourself...

"Hi!"

Steve, K4YZ

This isn't about me.

Sure it is.

YOU made even MORE assinine assertions that were, on immediate
inspection, flawed and inaccurate.

Sucks to be you, Brain.

Steve, K4YZ

Old April 3rd 05, 03:51 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

Steve, I don't see much reason to respond to your demands. You're an
abusive jerk, have been for as long as you've been on RRAP, and aren't
likely to change anytime soon. Best of Luck.

Old April 3rd 05, 03:53 AM
bb

Phil Kane wrote:
On 24 Mar 2005 02:30:36 -0800, K4YZ wrote:

Amateur Radio to Have Role in Largest-Ever Mass Casualty Exercise

[balanced snipped]

Yup - it's real - and nationwide. I get to sit in the local
hospital's EOC passing traffic on ham channels for two - count 'em

-
two shifts during this one. They won't even let me see the scripts
until I get there, too.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Phil, why do you have to pull a double-shift?

Old April 3rd 05, 10:05 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
From the ARRL webpage: (www.arrl.org)

[...]

Of course you don't.

You can't.

You make assinine, poorly constructed assertions, then when asked
to substantiate them, you wallow around looking for a way out without
admitting that you don't have an adequate answer.

You're an
abusive jerk, have been for as long as you've been on RRAP, and

aren't
likely to change anytime soon.

If by that you meant that I refuse to tolerate your lies, permit
yuor misrepresentations, and expect YOU to live up to the same
"standards" that you and Lennie would seek to impose on everyone else,
Thanks.

Best of Luck.

No luck needed when dealing with you, Brain...You make this all too
easy.

Steve, K4YZ

U.S. Morse Code Solution-Maybe? Dr. Daffodil Swain Policy 67 March 2nd 05 04:48 AM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Israel - government approves bill proposal legalizing Arutz 7 Mike Terry Shortwave 10 January 5th 04 03:10 AM
One World Government: Its Time Has Arrived Keke Goldfeller Shortwave 4 October 11th 03 06:45 PM