Old June 8th 05, 12:04 PM
K4YZ

Default And Incase Lennie Doubted that MARS and Amateur Radio are a "Service to the Nation..." MARS Chief Says Otherwise

QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

MARS has grown in all of the services throughout the world. It relies
on civilian and military MARS members to be available in case of
emergency or disaster to provide communications support. At such times,
MARS needs all of the support it can provide. Amateur Radio,
collectively with MARS, has made its mark in American history. Each
year provides new evidence of the important role it plays in the
service of the nation.

UNQUOTE

Since Lennie only believes that "reality" springs from URL's, he
can go to:

http://www.asc.army.mil/mars/history.htm

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Will Lennie now tell us that Chief MARS was assaulted, dragged off
and drugged by ARRL PsiWar ops and forced to make this statement under
duress...?!?!

"I Am Laughing At The Superior Intellect"

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 8th 05, 11:50 PM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
[...]

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Old June 9th 05, 02:10 AM

From: "bb" on Wed 8 Jun 2005 15:50

K4YZ wrote:
QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

MARS has grown in all of the services throughout the world. It relies
on civilian and military MARS members to be available in case of
emergency or disaster to provide communications support. At such times,
MARS needs all of the support it can provide. Amateur Radio,
collectively with MARS, has made its mark in American history. Each
year provides new evidence of the important role it plays in the
service of the nation.

UNQUOTE

Since Lennie only believes that "reality" springs from URL's, he
can go to:

http://www.asc.army.mil/mars/history.htm

Been there, done that. :-)

Been to Fort Huachuca, too, (Hq Army MARS, off to one side of
the Military Intelligence School).

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Stebie got the wrong end of his "horse" again. Tsk, tsk. :-)

He should have made some kind of remarks about the Buffalo
Soldiers. Fort Huachuca is the original home of them.

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Poor Stebie, even more brain-dead than Jim Hampton surmised.

All the fuss and furor over MARS was already done when Stebie's
famous statement ["Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio"]
was made. Stebie is trying to misdirect by pointing a finger
at "my error." Poor guy doesn't realize that when he points
his finger, four other fingers are pointing at HIM! :-)

Heh heh heh. Stebie CUTS AND PASTES from the government web
sites! [he didn't used to like that!] However, the "statement
of mission" is just worded in glorious self-illumination typical
to ALL unit or political organization statements. Stebie wants
to take all of those absolutely LITERALLY like a good little
soldier. Such shining lights will reflect off the medals he
bought for himself at www.grunt.com or similar. He likes to
soak in that light and pretend being the big hero.

MARS is doing an okay job for the military. Keeps civilians
occupied through their volunteerism and the military hopes
that will reflect good will towards the military. MARS *was*
good back in the Vietnam War era for phone patches to folks
back home. But...that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! [Vietnam War
ended for the USA in 1975] The U.S. Army even made that direct
statement on the Army's Center for Military History.

MARS is a part of SHARES (SHAred RESources), a loose organization
of 2500 U.S. government HF radio sites. It serves as a good
radio liason to other government agencies now. That has been
demonstrated in the SHARES/MARS exercises dubbed "Grecian
Firebolt" and has been written up in the Army Communicator, a
quarterly for Signal personnel (and some contractors). The M in
MARS is definitely MILITARY and the A stands for AFFILIATE and
not "amateur." Army MARS stations are manned by professional
warfighters. Volunteer civilian units can work with those
stations but only under Army control, including operations
outside the ham bands, not inside them.

Does the U.S. military need ham-assisted phone patches now?
Rarely. With the expansion of the DSN and the Internet, troops
in Afghanistan and Iraq can communicate with home directly
through many of the personal computers fielded in quantity in
both places...and found on larger warships...and certainly
found on nearly every military post today. In many cases
the military makes actual telephones available for direct
talking to family and friends back home...through the DSN,
through the Internet via VoIP. Such MARS activities are
good for troop morale.

MARS was never designed/implemented/devised to be a PART of
mainstream military communications. It isn't now. The U.S.
military long ago organized their communications through
planning and adapting and reformulating networks, systems,
equipment to handle all the Command-Control-Communications
(the first three Cs of "C4I") they need. That works. It has
always worked. Been there, done that...even controlled the
transmitter that FEC MARS used (on a third-priority term),
one out of three dozen used for the REAL communications.

All of the above I wrote today has been written by me in here
before. Apparently Stebie is way too selective in what he
looks for on Google searching. :-)

[Stebie is now going to compose a "YOU LIE, YOU LIE!" message]

Screum.

Old June 9th 05, 06:24 AM
K4YZ

From: "bb" on Wed 8 Jun 2005 15:50

K4YZ wrote:
QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

MARS has grown in all of the services throughout the world. It relies
on civilian and military MARS members to be available in case of
emergency or disaster to provide communications support. At such times,
MARS needs all of the support it can provide. Amateur Radio,
collectively with MARS, has made its mark in American history. Each
year provides new evidence of the important role it plays in the
service of the nation.

UNQUOTE

Since Lennie only believes that "reality" springs from URL's, he
can go to:

http://www.asc.army.mil/mars/history.htm

Been there, done that.

Obviously you didn't pay attention.

Been to Fort Huachuca, too, (Hq Army MARS, off to one side of
the Military Intelligence School).

They've been trying to get the smell out ever since, too.

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Stebie got the wrong end of his "horse" again. Tsk, tsk.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

You're calling the Chief of MARS as a horses' patoot, Lennie?

He should have made some kind of remarks about the Buffalo
Soldiers. Fort Huachuca is the original home of them.

Was that in ChiefMARS comments? I missed it.

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Poor Stebie, even more brain-dead than Jim Hampton surmised.

All the fuss and furor over MARS was already done when Stebie's
famous statement ["Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio"]
was made. Stebie is trying to misdirect by pointing a finger
at "my error." Poor guy doesn't realize that when he points
his finger, four other fingers are pointing at HIM!

I don't point a finger, Lennie.

And it is "your error"...Proven with the comments of ChiefMARS.

Heh heh heh. Stebie CUTS AND PASTES from the government web
sites! [he didn't used to like that!] However, the "statement
of mission" is just worded in glorious self-illumination typical
to ALL unit or political organization statements.

NOW I SEE!

When LENNIE can quote from a website that supposedly substantiates
his "position", it's "absolute truth".

When it lands on his head, it's "glorious self-illumination"...

Uh huh...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Only a couple weeks ago you were citing from the same sources...

No "glorious self-illumination" comments then, eh, Lennie....?!?!

Stebie wants
to take all of those absolutely LITERALLY like a good little
soldier. Such shining lights will reflect off the medals he
bought for himself at www.grunt.com or similar. He likes to
soak in that light and pretend being the big hero.

Nope..."Pretend(ing) to be the big hero" is your schtick, Lennie...

Like all those posts where you pretend to have been "somebody" by
having been in a unit that had KIA's a few years earlier...Years that
you weren't even in the service...

MARS is doing an okay job for the military. Keeps civilians
occupied through their volunteerism and the military hopes
that will reflect good will towards the military. MARS *was*
good back in the Vietnam War era for phone patches to folks
back home. But...that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! [Vietnam War
ended for the USA in 1975] The U.S. Army even made that direct
statement on the Army's Center for Military History.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...even MORE enlightenment...

Again you cite things that were "THIRTY YEARS AGO", but not what's
happening "TODAY"...

Of course you ALSO cite what happened at "ADA" in the 50's as if it
happened yesterday, but then attempt to chide Amateurs for discussing
what happened SIX years ago.

MARS is a part of SHARES...(SNIP)

Yep.

And that doesn't detract ONE BIT from the TITLE of the
thread...Actually, it ADDS to it.

Does the U.S. military need ham-assisted phone patches now?

Is "ham-assisted phone patches" ALL that the Armed Forces expects
from MARS...?!?!

Nope.

And Lennie wouldn't know that, considering his experience level in
MARS and/or Amateur Radio.

MARS was never designed/implemented/devised to be a PART of
mainstream military communications. It isn't now.

Nope. It wasn't. Who here said it was? I sure didn't.

All of the above I wrote today has been written by me in here
before. Apparently Stebie is way too selective in what he
looks for on Google searching.

Nope.

What I point out is that you denigrate and deny the services and
achievements of MARS and Amateur Radio services alike.

ChiefMARS has to answer to higher-ups in the "MILITARY" chain of
command.

[Stebie is now going to compose a "YOU LIE, YOU LIE!" message]

I don't need to yell them out, Lennie. Your mistruths are usually
glaring enough to stand out on their own...

LenStillDoesn'tKnowAthingAboutMARSorAmateurRadioAn

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 28th 05, 12:39 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:

From: "bb" on Wed 8 Jun 2005 15:50

K4YZ wrote:
QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

MARS has grown in all of the services throughout the world. It relies
on civilian and military MARS members to be available in case of
emergency or disaster to provide communications support. At such times,
MARS needs all of the support it can provide. Amateur Radio,
collectively with MARS, has made its mark in American history. Each
year provides new evidence of the important role it plays in the
service of the nation.

UNQUOTE

Since Lennie only believes that "reality" springs from URL's, he
can go to:

http://www.asc.army.mil/mars/history.htm

Been there, done that.

Obviously you didn't pay attention.

Yet you were the one who could not be bothered with MARS information
after that fateful day when you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS
Amateur Radio!"

Hi, hi!

And you wonder why no one believes you when you claimed to be "A" NCOIC
of MARS/Okinawa.

Been to Fort Huachuca, too, (Hq Army MARS, off to one side of
the Military Intelligence School).

They've been trying to get the smell out ever since, too.

Hi! Awesome! Great comeback! Good one! Attaboy! You go, Steve!

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Stebie got the wrong end of his "horse" again. Tsk, tsk.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

You're calling the Chief of MARS as a horses' patoot, Lennie?

You didn't bother to read the rest of the site?

He should have made some kind of remarks about the Buffalo
Soldiers. Fort Huachuca is the original home of them.

Was that in ChiefMARS comments? I missed it.

Buffalo Soldiers no use Signal Company?

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Poor Stebie, even more brain-dead than Jim Hampton surmised.

Jim is a very polite fellow.

All the fuss and furor over MARS was already done when Stebie's
famous statement ["Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio"]
was made. Stebie is trying to misdirect by pointing a finger
at "my error." Poor guy doesn't realize that when he points
his finger, four other fingers are pointing at HIM!

I don't point a finger, Lennie.

Battlefield injury?

And it is "your error"...Proven with the comments of ChiefMARS.

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Heh heh heh. Stebie CUTS AND PASTES from the government web
sites! [he didn't used to like that!] However, the "statement
of mission" is just worded in glorious self-illumination typical
to ALL unit or political organization statements.

NOW I SEE!

When LENNIE can quote from a website that supposedly substantiates
his "position", it's "absolute truth".

When it lands on his head, it's "glorious self-illumination"...

Uh huh...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Only a couple weeks ago you were citing from the same sources...

He just said that you protested. Did you not protest?

(It's OK. Say anything you want. We've got the truth meter calibrated
to "Robeson" so the coil won't smoke and the needle won't get bent.)

No "glorious self-illumination" comments then, eh, Lennie....?!?!

The Chief's comments didn't do quite what you wanted them to do.

Too bad for Steve.

Stebie wants
to take all of those absolutely LITERALLY like a good little
soldier. Such shining lights will reflect off the medals he
bought for himself at www.grunt.com or similar. He likes to
soak in that light and pretend being the big hero.

Nope..."Pretend(ing) to be the big hero" is your schtick, Lennie...

Hi! Len doesn't have his chest puffed out on QRZ.

Like all those posts where you pretend to have been "somebody" by
having been in a unit that had KIA's a few years earlier...Years that
you weren't even in the service...

Of course, there were people who didn't serve at all in here telling us
what is important.

MARS is doing an okay job for the military. Keeps civilians
occupied through their volunteerism and the military hopes
that will reflect good will towards the military. MARS *was*
good back in the Vietnam War era for phone patches to folks
back home. But...that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! [Vietnam War
ended for the USA in 1975] The U.S. Army even made that direct
statement on the Army's Center for Military History.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...even MORE enlightenment...

Again you cite things that were "THIRTY YEARS AGO", but not what's
happening "TODAY"...

And today, "MARS IS Amateur Radio!" Hi! How things have
changed.

Of course you ALSO cite what happened at "ADA" in the 50's as if it
happened yesterday, but then attempt to chide Amateurs for discussing
what happened SIX years ago.

All Jim's postings about amateur radio in WWII cracks me up, too.

Obvious.

MARS is a part of SHARES...(SNIP)

Yep.

And that doesn't detract ONE BIT from the TITLE of the
thread...Actually, it ADDS to it.

Actually, I shortened it.

Does the U.S. military need ham-assisted phone patches now?

Is "ham-assisted phone patches" ALL that the Armed Forces expects
from MARS...?!?!

Nope.

And Lennie wouldn't know that, considering his experience level in
MARS and/or Amateur Radio.

Be specific (if you can).

MARS was never designed/implemented/devised to be a PART of
mainstream military communications. It isn't now.

Nope. It wasn't. Who here said it was? I sure didn't.

Right. You just make stoopid assertions, such as "Sorry Hans, MARS
IS Amateur Radio!" because you don't know dink about MARS, your claims to having been "A" NCOIC MARS/Okinawa notwithstanding.

All of the above I wrote today has been written by me in here
before. Apparently Stebie is way too selective in what he
looks for on Google searching.

Nope.

What I point out is that you denigrate and deny the services and
achievements of MARS and Amateur Radio services alike.

You denigrate other amateurs. You insult real MARS members with your
stoopid assertions.

ChiefMARS has to answer to higher-ups in the "MILITARY" chain of
command.

Duh.

[Stebie is now going to compose a "YOU LIE, YOU LIE!" message]

I don't need to yell them out, Lennie. Your mistruths are usually
glaring enough to stand out on their own...

Your are obvious. Obviously wrong about a lot of things.

LenStillDoesn'tKnowAthingAboutMARSorAmateurRadioAn

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

SteveStillDoesn'tKnowDinkAboutMARSorAmateurRadioK4

Old June 28th 05, 02:13 AM

From: bb on Jun 27, 7:39 pm

From: "bb" on Wed 8 Jun 2005 15:50

K4YZ wrote:
QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

Obviously you didn't pay attention.

Yet you were the one who could not be bothered with MARS information
after that fateful day when you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS
Amateur Radio!"

Hi, hi!

[a day which will live in infamy? :-) ]

And you wonder why no one believes you when you claimed to be "A" NCOIC
of MARS/Okinawa.

Now, now, Brian, the ASSISTANT NCOIC is a very, very IMPORTANT
job, a Vital Service to the Nation...for being a part of the
morale boosting normally done by others in Special Services.

ASSISTANTS get to make the coffee for all those late-night
"communicating" sessions.

Been to Fort Huachuca, too, (Hq Army MARS, off to one side of
the Military Intelligence School).

They've been trying to get the smell out ever since, too.

Hi! Awesome! Great comeback! Good one! Attaboy! You go, Steve!

Tsk. Seen better "commentary" on middle school restrooms.

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Stebie got the wrong end of his "horse" again. Tsk, tsk.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

You're calling the Chief of MARS as a horses' patoot, Lennie?

You didn't bother to read the rest of the site?

Stebie ain't been around horsies. Tsk, tsk.

He should have made some kind of remarks about the Buffalo
Soldiers. Fort Huachuca is the original home of them.

Was that in ChiefMARS comments? I missed it.

Buffalo Soldiers no use Signal Company?

The troop's buglers blew morse signals on their bugles...?

Actually, there was a "horsie-talkie" radio set, the SCR-511.
Went into production in late 1942. TM 11-245. (I have a copy)
Unfortunately, the Army had disbanded horse cavalry before
production started! :-)

Nice design idea. Operator wore a "chest unit," a flat pack
containing dry battery and a combo microphone-speaker with
old-style telephone curved horn. Right hand held the handle
at the base of the whip with a push-to-talk switch on handle,
radio box below that, and at the bottom a pole that would fit
the guidon socket on the right stirrup of a military saddle.
Left hand was free to hold reins. It went obsolete as soon as
it was delivered...

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Poor Stebie, even more brain-dead than Jim Hampton surmised.

Jim is a very polite fellow.

True. He saved Saipan once and told that story many times. :-)

All the fuss and furor over MARS was already done when Stebie's
famous statement ["Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio"]
was made. Stebie is trying to misdirect by pointing a finger
at "my error." Poor guy doesn't realize that when he points
his finger, four other fingers are pointing at HIM!

I don't point a finger, Lennie.

Battlefield injury?

His "finger" was wounded in one of those "seven hostile actions."

And it is "your error"...Proven with the comments of ChiefMARS.

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Stebie and "Chief of Army MARS" are like this: [hold two fingers
up, very far apart...]

Heh heh heh. Stebie CUTS AND PASTES from the government web
sites! [he didn't used to like that!] However, the "statement
of mission" is just worded in glorious self-illumination typical
to ALL unit or political organization statements.

NOW I SEE!

When LENNIE can quote from a website that supposedly substantiates
his "position", it's "absolute truth".

When it lands on his head, it's "glorious self-illumination"...

Uh huh...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Only a couple weeks ago you were citing from the same sources...

He just said that you protested. Did you not protest?

(It's OK. Say anything you want. We've got the truth meter calibrated
to "Robeson" so the coil won't smoke and the needle won't get bent.)

It's a wonder he doesn't set fire to himself through all that
patriotic bunting he puts on himself...even though his eyes are
burning red with the hot embers of HATE. Flammable volatile
situation.

No "glorious self-illumination" comments then, eh, Lennie....?!?!

The Chief's comments didn't do quite what you wanted them to do.

Too bad for Steve.

Stebie needs to turn in his day pass to the Halls of Montezuma.
Navy MARS doesn't run under Army MARS...but both run at the
discretion and direction of Department of Defense.

Stebie wants
to take all of those absolutely LITERALLY like a good little
soldier. Such shining lights will reflect off the medals he
bought for himself at www.grunt.com or similar. He likes to
soak in that light and pretend being the big hero.

Nope..."Pretend(ing) to be the big hero" is your schtick, Lennie...

Hi! Len doesn't have his chest puffed out on QRZ.

If I did, I'd be smiling. Still got my teeth firmly attached.
And I brush every day, have regular checkups at my Russian-
born dentist's office in Burbank (Dr. Leonov). :-)

If Stebie got his teeth worked, maybe he'd smile and show them
in one of his many photos-with-uniforms.

Like all those posts where you pretend to have been "somebody" by
having been in a unit that had KIA's a few years earlier...Years that
you weren't even in the service...

Of course, there were people who didn't serve at all in here telling us
what is important.

Tsk. Snarly Stebie doesn't believe in honoring past members
of his unit. Thinks mentioning such is "self-glorification."
Of course, Stebie's sense of "honor" is "different" than other
folks. He probably goes to VA cemetaries every Memorial Day
and spits on those planting the American flags at gravesites.

MARS is doing an okay job for the military. Keeps civilians
occupied through their volunteerism and the military hopes
that will reflect good will towards the military. MARS *was*
good back in the Vietnam War era for phone patches to folks
back home. But...that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! [Vietnam War
ended for the USA in 1975] The U.S. Army even made that direct
statement on the Army's Center for Military History.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...even MORE enlightenment...

Again you cite things that were "THIRTY YEARS AGO", but not what's
happening "TODAY"...

And today, "MARS IS Amateur Radio!" Hi! How things have
changed.

"Today" one can read (via the ARRL) what hams did for MARS of
thirty years ago AS IF it were "today." :-)

The Vietnam War ENDED (for the USA) THIRTY YEARS AGO.

TODAY the military has the DSN to connect into the Internet, world
wide. Where ever a base is even semi-permanently located, they
have DSN nodes to it. When not in use by military traffic it is
free for personal use.

At least two national corporations offer "phone cards" low cost
for Gifts to Servicemen. Pre-paid, those can be used by service
personnel (here or overseas) on any telephone service, private
or military.

Of course you ALSO cite what happened at "ADA" in the 50's as if it
happened yesterday, but then attempt to chide Amateurs for discussing
what happened SIX years ago.

All Jim's postings about amateur radio in WWII cracks me up, too.

Obvious.

Jimmie posts about ham radio in World War TWO? I thought they
were posts about and prior to World War ONE!

Poor Stebie. Best he ever got for military HF comms was as
ASSISTANT NCOIC of a small MARS station. He never worked in
the Big Time of HF military comms.

MARS is a part of SHARES...(SNIP)

Yep.

And that doesn't detract ONE BIT from the TITLE of the
thread...Actually, it ADDS to it.

Actually, I shortened it.

Stebie wanted to be a part of Grecian Firebolt but he couldn't
get his match lit...or speak Greek.

Does the U.S. military need ham-assisted phone patches now?

Is "ham-assisted phone patches" ALL that the Armed Forces expects

from MARS...?!?!

Nope.

And Lennie wouldn't know that, considering his experience level in
MARS and/or Amateur Radio.

Be specific (if you can).

Stebie not know of the AN/FRC-93, a standard radio at MARS
stations of 30 years ago. Tsk, tsk.

Stebie not know of standard small-unit radio AN/PRC-119 that
went operational in U.S. military in 1989...when Stebie was
supposedly still in USMC.

MARS was never designed/implemented/devised to be a PART of
mainstream military communications. It isn't now.

Nope. It wasn't. Who here said it was? I sure didn't.

Right. You just make stoopid assertions, such as "Sorry Hans, MARS
IS Amateur Radio!" because you don't know dink about MARS, your clai=

ms to having been "A" NCOIC MARS/Okinawa notwithstanding.

Stebie is very, very busy trying to light his match to blaze
hisself in the glory and majesty (his idea) of MARS-manship.
[ASSISTANTS get like that some times...]

All of the above I wrote today has been written by me in here
before. Apparently Stebie is way too selective in what he
looks for on Google searching.

Nope.

What I point out is that you denigrate and deny the services and
achievements of MARS and Amateur Radio services alike.

You denigrate other amateurs. You insult real MARS members with your
stoopid assertions.

Stebie is too full of HATE in here of others that don't care
to kiss his royal (marine-issue) ass. :-)

ChiefMARS has to answer to higher-ups in the "MILITARY" chain of
command.

Duh.

Poor Stebie, took him months to acknowledge the latest Directive
from the Department of Defense actually EXISTS! :-)

[Stebie is now going to compose a "YOU LIE, YOU LIE!" message]

I don't need to yell them out, Lennie. Your mistruths are usually
glaring enough to stand out on their own...

Your are obvious. Obviously wrong about a lot of things.

Stebie NEVER WRRRRONNNNNGGGG. He call all others nastynames
if they say he WRRRRRONNNNNGGGGG.

All the PCTA extras be big "bell ringers" in here. :-)

Maybe they hope to graduate from "Ding Dong School?" :-)

LenStillDoesn'tKnowAthingAbout=ADMARSorAmateurRadi oAnder...@iee=ADe=

..org

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

SteveStillDoesn'tKnowDinkAbout=ADMARSorAmateurRad

Poor Stebie. Still resentful that I've been a professional and
having begun HF radio communications before he was born. Such
HATE he has. Tsk, tsk.

Now he is HATING the military and MARS by not understanding what
they really did as Special Services radio for the troops...30
years ago. Well, he's got all that patriotic bunting of glory
and speechifying he wraps hisself in...his new "uniform." Too
bad he can't show his teeth in those Very Serious Uniform Poses.

[IEEE is a professional association...I am a Life Member]

Old June 28th 05, 03:38 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Len

LOL, no I didn't save Saipan. I simply made initial contact with Hans who
*was* on Saipan loading a chain link fence, I believe, as the Coast Guard
tower had been blown over. At that point, I was due on watch and 3 other
guys took over at KG6AAY. They were the ones secured from all other duty.
I went to my regular assigned job in crypto.

It was the other guys who maintained communications with Rota and a number
of them got citations from Captain Delaney (our commanding officer).

The only reason that the Navy radiomen didn't make contact is that they
didn't realize that Han's signal was so strong that it was overriding the
local oscillator, thus rendering the SSB signal unreadable. Had they pulled
the antenna and stuck a coat hanger in the antenna jack in the radio, they'd
have had good reception.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

ups.com...
From: bb on Jun 27, 7:39 pm

Old June 28th 05, 04:05 AM
Sparks

Oh my, yet another version of the "Hans Is A Radio Hero" story.
Down at the Legion, they have at least five or six different
versions of the story, with the best versions being told after several
shot 'n beers are consumed by the grand story teller.
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, why do old men never tire of telling
borrrrrrrrrrrrrring embellished war stories?

73,

Sparks

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
[...]

ups.com...