Old June 27th 05, 05:09 PM
John Smith

Lloyd:

Quit expecting everyone to format your text the way you would like
it--if you like it a particular way--format it that way. Get a new
generation news reader! Usenet is NOT what it used to be... if you
only have a 300 baud modem, upgrade!

Next thing you will want is your welfare check delivered with your
morning paper!

John

"Lloyd" wrote in message
If you are going to mouth off, stop top posting, and use the
correct headers.

73,

Lloyd

"John Smith" wrote in message
Lloyd:

I don't doubt that everything you do is as simple as it looks, I
don't think you are devious, cunning or stealthy--however, don't be
fool enough to think everyone else the same--you will make one grave
error...

Yanno, my life is a conspiracy, and it is my family, my friends and
me against the world.

In my job, we have trade secrets and act in the companies best
interests--we don't disclose these interests or our long range
plans--however, you can bet that we do NOT feel obligated to look out
for others best interests--that is their responsibility...

... perhaps you are just one simple guy--but you make a grave error
if you think that applies to all others... now, go back to
sleep--don't worry, be happy--others will take care of things for
you...

John

"Lloyd" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message

Here is Hollingsworth on his "vision(s)", some may interpret it
differently:

John

The only "vision" Hollingsworth has is a lavish tax payer
finance retirement.

Old June 27th 05, 06:07 PM
an_old_friend

Jim Hampton wrote:
The HF bands are, many times, international in scope. This story is not
about the FCC, it is about international agreements.

What is said in the story is true; many 3rd world countries would love 80
meters as it would provide cheap communications (they don't have to pay to
build all the infrastructure of a telephone system to cover their country).
If the world community decides that 80/75 meters is to no longer be an
amateur allocations, the FCC will have nothing to say about it.

If the world decides and we decide to go along with it and...

If you look at cell phones, you might get an idea of the extent of the
problem. In developed countries, cell phones have become big business. In
the U.S., every teenager "needs" one. It takes a lot of cell phone towers
to provide service, not to mention ever increasing needs of frequencies.

I believe that when I was first licensed (in 1962) amateurs could use any
frequency above 30 GHz. There was little gear that could function at all at
that frequency and dx records could be measured in yards or a few miles.
Nowadays, there are some amateur bands intermingled with other segments
going up to 300 GHz, at which point amateurs can use anything above 300 GHz.
300 GHz in far infra-red light!

Somehow, communications devices are going to have to become more efficient
at using available frequencies (amateurs included). Even assuming they do
(and they have become more band-width friendly), there will be pressure on
all users to use it (effectively) or loose it.

agreed which is agood resaon to stopp using Morse code and realy use HF

As to the FCC, they can easily reassign users at VHF and above as it doesn't
carry world-wide. Those segments are also in jeopardy by big business.
Note that the Supreme Court ruled that local governments can exercise their
right to take property (with compensation to the owners) and sell it to
someone else.

Big business and the Republicans rule.

Next time be careful of who you vote for.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

I doubt it HF is all but useless to the FCC they want peiecs of VHF etc
John Smith wrote:
I think anyone over-looking the bigger picture has to suspect that HF
will, rather quickly, be taken from amateurs. The abundance of techs is
being created to drop the percentage of hams using HF. At some point I
suspect a "move" will be made on these all important HF bands and they
will be removed from amateur service.

I suspect that techs account for about 50% of activity on the bands
now--when that reaches 66%, and certainly 75%, I think HF will be
pulled...

Here is Hollingsworth on his "vision(s)", some may interpret it
differently:

http://www.wr6wr.com/newSite/article...longbeach.html

John

Old June 27th 05, 06:14 PM
Lloyd

"John Smith" wrote in message
Lloyd:

Quit expecting everyone to format your text the way you would like it--if
you like it a particular way--format it that way. Get a new generation
news reader! Usenet is NOT what it used to be... if you only have a 300
baud modem, upgrade!

Next thing you will want is your welfare check delivered with your morning
paper!

John

To paraphrase Stagger Lee, I accept your
humble apolgy and hope you have learned something.

73,

Lloyd

Old June 27th 05, 06:32 PM
John Smith

Jim:

Yes, you touch on globalization and "one world order" and/or "new order"
(hey, wasn't that a phrase invented by Adolph Hitler's klick?)

Seems like a little more thought on "sovereign nation" and just exactly
what that is might be to our best interest.

Also, seems with each passing day "they" are anxious to give us reasons
why we should lose respect for gov't and authority and, the effects of
this are rather frightening--it even touches my neighborhood--a place
which was once safe and secure.

I can hardly see how this is not having an effect on this great
hobby--amateur radio is not an isolated island.

John

Old June 27th 05, 06:35 PM
John Smith

Lloyd:

Come back when the effects of those drugs have worn off... if this
condition of your is organic in nature, seek help from a qualified
professional.

Here is wishing for your speedy recovery...

John

Old June 27th 05, 07:21 PM

John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

Come back when the effects of those drugs have worn off... if this
condition of your is organic in nature, seek help from a qualified
professional.

Here is wishing for your speedy recovery...

John

No, little girl Lloydie will always be a 6 year old little girl deep
down inside.
He also spent a year in an Iowa metnal ward after he tried to kill
himself (after stealing money from his mommy's purse and slapping her
around). Too bad he didn't succeed.

Old June 27th 05, 07:41 PM
Lloyd

"John Smith" wrote in message
Lloyd:

Come back when the effects of those drugs have worn off... if this
condition of your is organic in nature, seek help from a qualified
professional.

Here is wishing for your speedy recovery...

John

An additional humble apology from you is not necessary.
I accepted your first apology. Now it appears you may
not have learned anything. Sad.

73,

Lloyd

Old June 27th 05, 07:44 PM
Lloyd

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

Come back when the effects of those drugs have worn off... if this
condition of your is organic in nature, seek help from a qualified
professional.

Here is wishing for your speedy recovery...

John

No, little girl Lloydie will always be a 6 year old little girl deep
down inside.
He also spent a year in an Iowa metnal ward after he tried to kill
himself (after stealing money from his mommy's purse and slapping her
around). Too bad he didn't succeed.

Oh my John, I had no idea that Woger was your fwiend.
All bets are now off. I am shocked that you keep such
company. It says much about you.

73,

Lloyd

Old June 27th 05, 07:46 PM

Lloyd swallowed some of his african american HUD apartment complex
neighbor's cum and whined:
wrote in message
oups.com...

John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

Come back when the effects of those drugs have worn off... if this
condition of your is organic in nature, seek help from a qualified
professional.

Here is wishing for your speedy recovery...

John

No, little girl Lloydie will always be a 6 year old little girl deep
down inside.
He also spent a year in an Iowa metnal ward after he tried to kill
himself (after stealing money from his mommy's purse and slapping her
around). Too bad he didn't succeed.

Oh my John, I had no idea that Woger was your fwiend.

Hey, Lardass get help for your lisp from cocksucking, you 31 year old
virgin (because you are a FAGGOT).

Old June 27th 05, 08:05 PM
robert casey

Lloyd wrote:
If you are going to mouth off, stop top posting, and use the
correct headers.

73,

Lloyd

"John Smith" wrote in message

Just like you top-posted? .......

Kalamazoo Cuckoo' ND8V GLENN B General 0 October 19th 04 03:15 AM
Kalamazoo Cuckoo' ND8V GLENN B Policy 0 October 19th 04 03:15 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP Policy 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
LOL!!! KE4TEW and Riley! True Love! bob Swap 0 November 12th 03 09:33 PM