Old July 24th 05, 05:53 PM
John Smith

commander:

Well, now they have virtually lost it all--at least all the bands to
CB'ers...

I can see how that will now prompt them to whine and pee all over
themselves...

Awareness, denial, acceptance is the progression with which new ideas
and methods are adopted--most amateurs whose greatest accomplishment
in life has been to pass a CW test and grab a license will now be
stuck in the denial phase a long time now... they just lost their
whole world, image and ego!

Even the slowest of citizens will now realize that being an amateur
has never really been of any real merit or standing--and darn CB'er
can use a damn radio!

John

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
No.

These olde-tyme hammes will do ALL the "help" just as they
have "helped" others in the past.

For example, in 1958 the FCC deallocated the 11m band from
hams and created Class C and D CB. Oh, the Hue and Cry they
raised in the US of A! Imagine, below-30-MHz privileges
WITHOUT TESTING FOR MORSE CODE! Imagine, NO TEST AT ALL TO
GET A FEDERALLY-AUTHORIZED LICENSE!!

All them olde-tymers quickly got into action to Demand Their
Big Band Sound BACK! They're still working on getting it
back. :-)

And like other fools you attempt to keep the myth alive. In 40+
years of hamming I have never heard one ham (that inclueds the
olde-tyme hammes) that complained about about the loss of 11 meters.
The hams had 10 meters where they operated and rarely used 11, so
the loss to the ham community was nothing.

Old July 24th 05, 07:04 PM

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Sat 23 Jul 2005 21:52

wrote:

For example, in 1958 the FCC deallocated the 11m band from
hams and created Class C and D CB. Oh, the Hue and Cry they
raised in the US of A! Imagine, below-30-MHz privileges
WITHOUT TESTING FOR MORSE CODE! Imagine, NO TEST AT ALL TO
GET A FEDERALLY-AUTHORIZED LICENSE!!

All them olde-tymers quickly got into action to Demand Their
Big Band Sound BACK! They're still working on getting it
back. :-)

And like other fools you attempt to keep the myth alive.

Nope. That's not a "myth" but ACTUAL FACT. Look at Broose
and his constant "CBplusser" snarlings. "Lid" like operation
is commonly referred to as "CB" activity. All kinds of
nastygrams are sent when olde-tyme hammes have a need to
cuss out someone. :-)

In 40+ years of
hamming I have never heard one ham (that inclueds the olde-tyme hammes)
that complained about about the loss of 11 meters.

Tsk. You obviously don't get out much and your hearing is
way worse than Coslo's.

Go to the Comments at the FCC ECFS on WT Docket 05-235. All
them olde-tymers complaining about ham radio gonna be "worse
than CB!" (along with the threats of the sky falling, etc.).

The hams had 10
meters where they operated and rarely used 11, so the loss to the ham
community was nothing.

Yeah, yeah, tell us all about olde-tymer. In 1958 you were
just another pretty face on the TV tube (in black and white)
doing adventures in space. Very heroic. Your limited fan
base must have swelled your cranium past the ability to sense
ordinary terrestrial hobby activities in radio.

Buzziebaby, be prepared to go digital by 2009. And get some
better writers, okay? Your scripts in here are a POS.

bit bit

Old July 24th 05, 07:07 PM

From: "Kim" on Sat 23 Jul 2005 16:11

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
news
Kim wrote:

My sole failing is that I get a bit of enjoyment in knowing that that
irritates the crap out of some people for some reason! 8^)

Aw, that's not a failing. Think about it: it's mostly a failing of THEIRS
to get irritated.

Tsk. Ask the Coslonaut how his "reaching the threshold of space"
project is going. :-)

Well okay - its not my only failing. Mr Anderson and Mr Smith can
probably fill you in on the others....

I won't speak of Len. I think he's a great agitator and I love great
agitators (from an observing perspective, mind you--I can't stand being in
it myself...LOL).

You are IN the agitation tub whenever you post in here...

Agitation is necessary to get the DIRT out. Think of alternate
viewpoints as a kind of "laundry" to get things clean again...

"Mr. Smith" is somewhat disturbed and that concerns me.
However, once on guard with someone and I am always pretty much on guard
with that person. I have a feeling he's a bit of a misfit and plays to the
meek minded--no offense to anyone.

Ahem...what did you say about "agitation" above? :-)

More than likely, "Mr. Smith" is simply observing the scene
and is UNAFRAID to venture a personal opinion on the scene. :-)

Okay, for them, but I'm not going to change my mind.

[ Mike, "we" don't give a damn whether you change or not...]

[a clean nuclear bomb...a detergent weapon...]

Old July 24th 05, 08:46 PM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Sat 23 Jul 2005 21:52
And like other fools you attempt to keep the myth alive.

Nope. That's not a "myth" but ACTUAL FACT. Look at Broose
and his constant "CBplusser" snarlings. "Lid" like operation
is commonly referred to as "CB" activity. All kinds of
nastygrams are sent when olde-tyme hammes have a need to
cuss out someone. :-)

And where in that do you get they are somehow upset about losing 11
meters? It is a FACT that the cbers turned 11 meters into the sewer pit
of radio.

In 40+ years of
hamming I have never heard one ham (that inclueds the olde-tyme hammes)
that complained about about the loss of 11 meters.

Tsk. You obviously don't get out much and your hearing is
way worse than Coslo's.

Go to the Comments at the FCC ECFS on WT Docket 05-235. All
them olde-tymers complaining about ham radio gonna be "worse
than CB!" (along with the threats of the sky falling, etc.).

And again, how do you see in that anyone complaining about losing 11
meters? No, most hams don't want the ham bands to become what the cbers
have made of 11 meters. No complaing about losing it, just don't want
the ham bands to become like it.

The hams had 10
meters where they operated and rarely used 11, so the loss to the ham
community was nothing.

Yeah, yeah, tell us all about olde-tymer. In 1958 you were
just another pretty face on the TV tube (in black and white)
doing adventures in space. Very heroic. Your limited fan
base must have swelled your cranium past the ability to sense
ordinary terrestrial hobby activities in radio.

The hams hardly used 11 meters. In 1958 I was listening to hams almost
on a daily basis. Sure there were a few at the time who may have
complained a bit, but you attempt to make it sound as if half the ham
community is still upset. Not so lennieboy, the hams never missed not
having 11 meters. If they knew what a sewer pit of radio communication
the brain-dead cbers would make of it, they probably would have raise a
real stink.

Buzziebaby, be prepared to go digital by 2009. And get some
better writers, okay? Your scripts in here are a POS.

Here, you are the ever present POS lennieboy.
Old July 25th 05, 12:07 AM

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Jul 24, 12:46 pm

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Sat 23 Jul 2005 21:52

And like other fools you attempt to keep the myth alive.

Nope. That's not a "myth" but ACTUAL FACT. Look at Broose
and his constant "CBplusser" snarlings. "Lid" like operation
is commonly referred to as "CB" activity. All kinds of
nastygrams are sent when olde-tyme hammes have a need to
cuss out someone. :-)

And where in that do you get they are somehow upset about losing 11
meters?

From just about every olde-tymer in the West San Fernando
Valley electronics industry of 1958 through 1960, those
working everywhere from Ramo-Wooldridge Corporation in
Canoga Park, CA, to Gilfillan in Van Nuys, CA. Several
hundred of them. Lockheed ARC was in east San Fernando
Valley and I didn't get to east Valley much then.

Tsk. I didn't keep count. I should have known that good
old anony-mousie buzziebaby would be upset 47 years later
and demand respect to his imagination on what was. :-)

It is a FACT that the cbers turned 11 meters into the sewer pit
of radio.

Awww...poor baby. Upset are you? Now WHAT have YOU DONE
to "clean up" that "sewer pit?" Bitched and moaned to yer
anony-mousie ham buddies?

In 47 years a LOT can happen. 47 years is enough time to
graduate from school, get married, have kids, have a career
in something, have grandkids, and retire. Class A and B
CB were created BEFORE 1958 but were eventually deallocated
entirely. Class C CB became the Radio Control Radio Service
and got added channels around 72 MHz, has much activity
among model enthusiasts (more members of AMA than ARRL!).
Class D CB became just Citizens Band Radio Service and
dropped the need for licensing. CB never had ANY test of
any kind to get a license or "federal athorization" to
transmit...nothing but a Restricted 3rd Class Radiotelephone
FORM to send in when that was required.

And again, how do you see in that anyone complaining about losing 11
meters? No, most hams don't want the ham bands to become what the cbers
have made of 11 meters. No complaing about losing it, just don't want
the ham bands to become like it.

Oh? Did you poll "most hams?" Of course you did, you will say
so! [that makes it "fact?"]

You haven't been paying attention to CB. The big increase in
CB use didn't come until about in the mid-1960s and the
availability of economical, imported CB transceivers. The
trucking industry had already picked up on it.

So, there's about a seven-year period where there was NO
"sewer pit" of 11 meters. Seven years is a long time, too.
In seven years a couple can conceive a child, raise them
to enter the first grade.

Did all you olde-tyme hammes DO anything to keep this
"sewer" from overflowing? No? Tsk, not very civic radio
minded, I'd say.

The hams hardly used 11 meters. In 1958 I was listening to hams almost
on a daily basis.

Yeah, suuuure you were. As a SWL, I presume? :-)

Sure there were a few at the time who may have
complained a bit, but you attempt to make it sound as if half the ham
community is still upset.

Awwww...buzziebaby, meet Broose (the extra on a bet).

Tsk. I'm still trying to find this mythical "ham community"
so that I can send in my "dedication and committment" papers
and sworn statements.

Riiiight and all the ham periodicals didn't say dink about
this growing menace of CB, did they? :-)

Here, you are the ever present POS lennieboy.

I exist. My present mail address is the same one that was
on all my Ham Radio magazine bylines. None of those
were any "POS" sweetums...they were reviewed by other hams
on the staff before publishing.

What are YOU? Another anony-mousie with a ridiculous
handle, some ancient B&W TV "hero" character. Wow, the
number of bona fides you got is ZERO. ZIP. NADA. NYET.

I'll bet you are just an SWL or a CBPlusser who don't
know da code! Bye... :-)

bit bit

Old July 25th 05, 12:14 AM
an old friend

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Jul 24, 12:46 pm

From: Cmdr Buzz Corey on Sat 23 Jul 2005 21:52

And like other fools you attempt to keep the myth alive.

Nope. That's not a "myth" but ACTUAL FACT. Look at Broose
and his constant "CBplusser" snarlings. "Lid" like operation
is commonly referred to as "CB" activity. All kinds of
nastygrams are sent when olde-tyme hammes have a need to
cuss out someone. :-)

And where in that do you get they are somehow upset about losing 11
meters?

From just about every olde-tymer in the West San Fernando
[...]

One reason for that (ama vs arrl) is that the AMA provides it members
something they realy should should have insurance for their aircraft
hiting and damaging something some one

Old July 25th 05, 12:28 AM

From: Mike Coslo on Sun 24 Jul 2005 17:33

From: "Kim" on Sat 23 Jul 2005 16:11
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Kim wrote:

My sole failing is that I get a bit of enjoyment in knowing that that
irritates the crap out of some people for some reason! 8^)

Aw, that's not a failing. Think about it: it's mostly a failing of THEIRS
to get irritated.

Tsk. Ask the Coslonaut how his "reaching the threshold of space"
project is going. :-)

It's going well enough, Kim.

I ain't "Kim." Don't get your hopes up, Mikey... :-)

Old July 25th 05, 02:42 AM

From: Mike Coslo on Jul 24, 4:34 pm

From: Mike Coslo on Sun 24 Jul 2005 17:33
From: "Kim" on Sat 23 Jul 2005 16:11
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Kim wrote:

Aw, that's not a failing. Think about it: it's mostly a failing of THEIRS
to get irritated.

Tsk. Ask the Coslonaut how his "reaching the threshold of space"
project is going. :-)

It's going well enough, Kim.

I ain't "Kim." Don't get your hopes up, Mikey... :-)

I was writing to Kim.

Were you now? Tsk. Sounds like your browser "got irritated!"

Attributions, my boy, attributions and right-arrows...

:-)

bit bit