Old December 3rd 05, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Morris

Default Open Letter to Massachusetts Governor Romney

Governor Romney's Uninformed Remarks about ham radio ---(title
only for this NG)

A former Massachusetts citizen, I grew up in in Swampscott, winning my
ham radio license at age 13 in 1952.

More than once, I can recall when hams were essential because of
adverse weather conditions that cut communications. One was during a
hurricane in the 50's. My friend (Aaron Fishman of Sherborne, K1BAF)
and I manned his car atop Highrock Hill, high ground in Lynn so as to
hear and reach the weakest signals, like hand helds.

I can remember the howling winds, the car shaking, and the engine
running to provide power. When it was written up in the Lynn Item,
Aaron and I got no credit, but I recall that wasn't important.

What was important was the ethic of being a communication's
foot soldier in time of need. That same ethic continues to the present
time.

Hams are trained in efficient communications and in getting a signal
out with very little. Hams represent a fountain of communications
expertise, and that is why we are licensed by the federal government.
(We are truly a national resource.)

A governor cannot know everything, and this is apparently a blind spot.
However, I'm hoping Governor Romney can come up to speed on this
subject, because it is one near and dear to the some 500,000
practitioners in the United States and to those whom they routinely
help, like the National Weather Service.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX
In Mass., my call was W1ZHG

Old December 3rd 05, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

frankly US mail might more effective

but the rpoblems with Ham radio today is Ham themselves

look at Steve and Dave and Dan from here

nothing is their own fault the porblem is always that other refuse to
work with them

Hams like these folks are making the use of Ham radio in offcial
emergancy channels more and more expensive in frustarion man hours than
it used to be

and as document for by Dan the served agencies are refusing to pay the
price of using the ARS

this leaves Ham radio in big emergencies with only the role of trying
to gaurd the falnks of EMS in passing HW traffic so that people don't
bother the EMS with it

you comoents on Skywarn and stuff like is more on target but ham IMO
needto deal with the fact many served agencies think "we don't work or
play well with others"
Morris wrote:
Governor Romney's Uninformed Remarks about ham radio ---(title
only for this NG)

A former Massachusetts citizen, I grew up in in Swampscott, winning my
ham radio license at age 13 in 1952.

cuting for breievity

Old December 3rd 05, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Morris

An Old friend,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. As to your allegations about
other hams, I'm utterly unknowedgable. However, knowing Dan's course
of operation, I've always found him reliable yet opinionated. What I
do know about Dan is: In reality, he's an American hero -- one of those
selfless warriors who answered our government's call to Viet Nam.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Old December 4th 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On 3 Dec 2005 15:32:02 -0800, "Morris" wrote:

An Old friend,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. As to your allegations about
other hams, I'm utterly unknowedgable.

then you have not been reading the newsgroup

you listening muh at hamm meeting (unless your areas hams are a lot
than any I have encoutered)

However, knowing Dan's course
of operation, I've always found him reliable yet opinionated.

he is not realiable to act in a contrcutive manner as anyone than has
read much of posting can attest
What I
do know about Dan is: In reality, he's an American hero -- one of those
selfless warriors who answered our government's call to Viet Nam.

no more (and no less) a hero than I, and likely as not I volunteereed
for my serivce and dan was drafted to his

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

everyone should be advised that The following person
has been advocating the abuse of elders

he may also be making flase reports of abusing other in order to attak and cow his foes
he also shows signs of being dangerously unstable

STEVEN J ROBESON
151 12TH AVE NW
WINCHESTER TN 37398
931-967-6282

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old December 4th 05, 08:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Morris

That makes you too, Old Friend, one of our American heroes too. Having
avoided Viet Nam by enlisting in the Army for Armed Forces Radio
Europe, I feel our Viet Nam vets have been treated badly, especially as
regards Agent Orange. It is true that I do not give credence to much
of the back and forth because it's unsubstantiated..

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

An Open Letter to Massachusetts Governor Romney Bob Sherin, W4ASX General 0 December 3rd 05 07:28 PM
Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM