Old July 1st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Field day was great, even the phonies had fun and learned from us dinosaurs.

Cecil Moore wrote in
. com:

Slow Code wrote:
Hams wouldn't look good if
during an emergency we couldn't communicate.

So exactly how do hams communicate with failed
equipment?

When it's operator error, or act of stupidity, dinosaurs like me relay
their messages for them.

SC
Old July 1st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Cecil Moore wrote in
om:

Slow Code wrote:
And how many times has that happened to you? I'll bet never. You're
too smart to smoke your finals. Normally when I hear someone lost
their finals it was a result of operator error, or an act of stupidity.

Act of God - lightning. And the CW mode was not spared.

No.
Not disconnecting equipment when a storm is coming is act of stupidity.

sc
Old July 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:
"J. D. B." wrote in
:

Slow Code, I think it is time you put up or shut up. If the skills among
you dinos were so great, then you had to finish at the top of your
category. So tell us now, what group were you part of, what section,
and what category did you compete in?

Then, when the results are published, we will compare your standings
with those other groups who had the modern, technically trained
operators.

We'll see if the dinos are extinct or if modern humans have triumphed.

Even if only three contacts are made, the score isn't what's important.
What is important is showing and training new hams in how to communicate
and operate

translation you are ashoamed of your scare justlike you are (rightfully
given the nature of your remarks ) afraid to reveal your true id

Old July 2nd 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

I call B.S.! If you old, outdated methods of communication are so
superior, then you should have locked up the contest.

So, this means one of two things. 1.) you're not telling the truth, or,
2.) the old methods you claim are superior are really not and the new
"appliance operators" at other clubs using modern methods kicked your
collective butts.

I suspect that 1. is the truth and you did not participate in FD and
didn't teach any news hams anything. In fact, if you did participate in
FD, the "appliance operators" probably ran rings around you and
embarrassed you so bad, you had to create this story to save face.

Nice try, no one is buying the BS.

Slow Code wrote:

Even if only three contacts are made, the score isn't what's important.
What is important is showing and training new hams in how to communicate
and operate effectively during emergencies and not be Appliance operators.
Hams like you that worry about final score are more likely to cheat
because you choose to ignore or fail to see the things that are important.

SC