Old July 12th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I remember!

"Pepperidge Farm remembers. But I forget!"

Anyone besides me remember what show that 2 liner was in?

Rick
Old July 12th 07, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Drop tuning is tuning one or more guitar strings lower than "normal".

"Ken" wrote in message
Brian Hill wrote:
back when I was learning there wasn't no tab or no internet etc.. and you
had to read music to learn a song and finding a book was few and far
between and you would sit up till all hrs of the night and day playing
along with records or the radio to learn a song and I didn't know about
drop tunings and I found all kinds of strange ways to play songs that I
found out later were in drop tuning. Yea those days made you work for it!

What is 'drop tuning'? Ken

Old July 12th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

From: Wikipidea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suite:_Judy_Blue_Eyes

"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" is a song — or rather, a suite of short
songs or sections — written by Stephen Stills and performed by
Crosby, Stills and Nash, which first appeared on their self-titled
debut album in 1969. It was also released as a single(edited and
in mono), going to #21 on the Billboard Pop Singles chart. The
song is ranked #418 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest
Songs of All Time.

The group has performed this song many times, most famously at
the Woodstock and Live Aid festivals. The title is presumably a
play on words for "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes."

The acoustic guitar for the song is tuned to a very unusual tuning.
Rather than the strings being tuned to the traditional EADGBE,
they are instead tuned to EEEEBE. Stills used this same tuning for
"4+20". He uses a similiar tuning for "Carry On" but drops the
notes down one half step. (EbEbEbEbBbEb)

Jeff

--
RESTRICTED AREA. Anyone intruding shall immediately become subject to
the jurisdiction of military law. Intruders will be subject to lethal
Old July 12th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Hagstar" wrote in message
I don't remember much of anything good about the old days. They're gone-
that's good. Mostly I remember JFK's death, duck and cover drills, Cuban
Missiles, Vietnam body counts, Selma, Watts, Newark, then RFK and Martin
Luther King,

John H.

I remember JFK.. I remember his and dream, and Americans
putting a man on the moon...

I remember AM radio when it was king.

Life was good.

Old July 13th 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I remember JFK.. I remember his and dream, and Americans
putting a man on the moon...

I remember AM radio when it was king.

Life was good.

Hey,
AM radio is king now.
How does it go? Dope smoking, long hair, maggot infested, hippy FM jocks?

Tom

Old July 13th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Bruce Y" wrote in message

They're driving SUVs to Wal-Mart and McDonalds and voting
GOP today.

-
This 50+ year old hippie drives a Ford Ranger 4-cylinder gas miser, and
has
never voted for a nazi.

Thanks, me too !

John H.

Old July 13th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message

Life was good.

I'm a very late Boomer- JFK disappeared early on, the rest of the '60s in
NYC area anyway was tumultuous, putting nicely. Cousin Brucie was god
though.

John H.

Old July 13th 07, 02:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Hagstar wrote:
I'm a very late Boomer- JFK disappeared early on,

I was in the 6th grade when JFK was killed and the
Beatles first came on the scene.
It was a very interesting time to be growing up.

Watched every space shot there was, just eat it up.
Got my first transistor radio for my birthday
just before Alan Shepard's first sub orbital flight,
a little green Motorola that I still have.
In the forth grade my teacher asked me to bring my
radio to class the next day so we could listen to John Glen
first real orbital flight... I got to sit in class all day listening
with my ear phone with instructions to interrupt if anything
interesting happened. I was the RADIO MAN, it ruined me.

73 all,

Ron
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/

Old July 13th 07, 04:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message

Life was good.

I'm a very late Boomer- JFK disappeared early on, the rest of the '60s in
NYC area anyway was tumultuous, putting nicely. Cousin Brucie was god
though.

John H.

Did someone say Cousin Brucie?
That aint me, but this is:

http://www.musicradio77.com/fullairchecks.html

Old July 13th 07, 11:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Hagstar wrote:
I don't remember much of anything good about the old days. They're
gone- that's good. Mostly I remember JFK's death, duck and cover
drills, Cuban Missiles, Vietnam body counts, Selma, Watts, Newark,
then RFK and Martin Luther King,

Lest we forget, "The gun control act of 1968" and wage and price
controls. Charles Manson and the Manson Family. The Symbionese
Liberation Army. The John Birch Society. The Great Society. Students
for a Democratic Society. And with Watergate, the media's ascension
to serial killer status in that from that time forward, they've made
it their goal to destroy anyone in office.

Oh, and personally, graduating from high school just in time for the
first collapse of the aerospace industry. "Help wanted: Service
station attendant. NO engineers!"

Oh yeah, trying to make sense of it all trying to grow up living under
the fear of a nuclear holocaust or ending up as a box gift wrapped by
the Army.

The only nice thing about that time was not knowing about AIDS,
crack cocaine, crystal meth, disco or reality TV.

Jeff

Remember This? Howard W3CQH Policy 9 August 26th 06 05:16 PM
Remember TheMonger CB 6 July 28th 06 10:44 PM
Remember? dxAce Shortwave 11 August 24th 04 06:54 PM
Anyone Remember This???? Donnie CB 15 October 15th 03 03:22 AM
OT - Do you remember? Keith Hosman CB 0 July 26th 03 12:18 PM