Old July 14th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I remember!

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Sorry guys wrong group!

BH

Quite a thread for mistake hey Brian.

Old July 14th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

William Sommerwerck wrote:
An odd remark, as we're now living in the Platinum Age of television... The
Soparanos, Mythbusters, and The Simpsons/King of the Hill/South Park, to
name just a handful of great shows.

Now I know you're kidding!

Old July 14th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Television worth watching,

The Soparanos, Mythbusters, and The Simpsons/King of the
Hill/South Park, to name just a handful of great shows.

My point was about "television worth watching".

Well, "worth watching" and "great shows" must be a matter of personal
opinion...

I'm not a particularly religious person and certainly not a member of
the "Religious Right" (and will gladly swear like a sailor when called
for), but IMHO, South Park is, for lack of a better term, quite
degenerate. Talk about morality "sliding down the slippery slope", that
show seems to have to slid down to just about the bottom of said slope.

A large majority of the "popular" network shows are infantile. Had a TV
on the bench a year or so ago, can't remember the name of the show but
my wife said it was one of the top two or three.

On the show, they were talking about having attended a lecture about
"homo erectus".

First actor: "He said homo". Tee-hee, giggle giggle, canned laughter

Second actor: "Oh, he said erect". Tee-hee, giggle giggle, canned laughter

Maybe that's funny--if you're in the Third Grade.

Sorry, but IMHO, a large majority of network TV is truly mindless pap.

You're welcome to your opinion, but if you think this is the Golden (or
Platinum) Age of TV, then I've got some nice Florida land I'd like to
sell to you... :-)

Old July 14th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Bruce Y" wrote in message
http://www.musicradio77.com/fullairchecks.html

I lost this link, thanks!

John H.

Old July 14th 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I'm not a particularly religious person and certainly not a member of
the "Religious Right" (and will gladly swear like a sailor when called
for), but IMHO, South Park is, for lack of a better term, quite
degenerate. Talk about morality "sliding down the slippery slope", that
show seems to have to slid down to just about the bottom of said slope.

This is a highly moral -- though utterly vulgar and outrageously tasteless
show. I think you're looking too closely at the surface and not paying
attention to the point -- and there is a point.

Sorry, but IMHO, a large majority of network TV is truly mindless pap.

Most of the shows I referred to were not network shows.

You're welcome to your opinion, but if you think this is the Golden (or
Platinum) Age of TV, then I've got some nice Florida land I'd like to
sell to you... :-)

How much?

Old July 14th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

William Sommerwerck wrote:

This is a highly moral -- though utterly vulgar and outrageously tasteless
show. I think you're looking too closely at the surface and not paying
attention to the point -- and there is a point.

Well, as you probably can presume, I do not watch the show, so can't
respond to your claim of it being "highly moral" or getting its point.
However, with the little snippets I have seen, I -do- equate your
"utterly vulgar" and "outrageously tasteless" with my "degenerate".

FWIW, I do watch and enjoy 'King of the Hill' and would agree that it is
highly moral-- and amazingly, they seem to be able to do it without
gratuitous vulgarity and outrageous tastelessness.

Sorry, but IMHO, a large majority of network TV is truly mindless pap.

Most of the shows I referred to were not network shows.

Yes, I realized that and that is *specifically* why I did spell out
"network" TV in my response. However, it (network) is still watched by
tens of millions and it is still mindless pap.

You're welcome to your opinion, but if you think this is the Golden (or
Platinum) Age of TV, then I've got some nice Florida land I'd like to
sell to you... :-)

How much?

Best offer!

....but in the meanwhile, it looks like we can respectfully agree to
disagree as to if we are experiencing another "Golden Age" of TV.
Old July 14th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Television worth watching,

[...]

Well, I'm not a big fan of TV in general, or South Park in particular, but I've seen
enough episodes of the show to understand that it relentlessly SATIRIZES political
correctness and wishy-washy Liberalism and immorality.

But I also know that some people just don't "get" satire.

Gordon Richmond
Old July 14th 07, 09:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

It was 9 years ago. That road in Happy Valley is still a pretty rural
island. The residents have been battling developers for at least 30 years.
One of them lives in her grandparents' farmhouse, which is on the national
historic register. Yes, there are big housing tracts a mile uphill, and all
the way from there to Issaquah, but you can still keep livestock, legally
shoot at coyotes in your woods, etc.

Phil

Old July 14th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brian Hill wrote:
I don't think too many things in my life have given me the same feeling of seeing
Neil Armstrong on a old black and white tv put his foot down on the moon

That was one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten,
July 20 1969 was my 17th birthday.
I had to threaten to quit my summer job at the grocery store
cause the boss wanted me to work that night.
I've got a pretty good collection of Apollo 11 stuff, one of these
days I'm going to take some photos of it and do a web page.

Ron
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/
Old July 14th 07, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Tom Biasi" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Sorry guys wrong group!

BH

Quite a thread for mistake hey Brian.

LOL! Boy! I guess.

BH

Remember This? Howard W3CQH Policy 9 August 26th 06 05:16 PM
Remember TheMonger CB 6 July 28th 06 10:44 PM
Remember? dxAce Shortwave 11 August 24th 04 06:54 PM
Anyone Remember This???? Donnie CB 15 October 15th 03 03:22 AM
OT - Do you remember? Keith Hosman CB 0 July 26th 03 12:18 PM