Old July 10th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I remember!

back when I was learning there wasn't no tab or no internet etc.. and you
had to read music to learn a song and finding a book was few and far between
and you would sit up till all hrs of the night and day playing along with
records or the radio to learn a song and I didn't know about drop tunings
and I found all kinds of strange ways to play songs that I found out later
were in drop tuning. Yea those days made you work for it!

--
Regards
B.H.

Old July 10th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Sorry guys wrong group!

BH

Old July 11th 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Sorry guys wrong group!

BH

NP Brian. You're right, the old days you DID have to work for it.. for
almost anything. But it was all worth it, gave one a sense of accomplishment
that you don't get today with all the test answers published online and
colored keytabs for keyboards, etc.

Take care. Stay cool.

Old July 11th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I don't remember much of anything good about the old days. They're gone-
that's good. Mostly I remember JFK's death, duck and cover drills, Cuban
Missiles, Vietnam body counts, Selma, Watts, Newark, then RFK and Martin
Luther King,

John H.

Old July 11th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

PS- Oh, and I remember lots of hippies. They burned my dad's office at
Columbia in '68. They're driving SUVs to Wal-Mart and McDonalds and voting
GOP today. No movement has ever fizzled so completely and so clearly proved
the utter shallow self-serving hypocrisy of its members.

John H.

Old July 11th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Hagstar" wrote in message
I don't remember much of anything good about the old days. They're gone-
that's good. Mostly I remember JFK's death, duck and cover drills, Cuban
Missiles, Vietnam body counts, Selma, Watts, Newark, then RFK and Martin
Luther King,

John H.

Not much good about these days either, John.

Today we have daily scandals in DC, duct tape and garbage bags, terror
threats real and imagined, kids killing kids for their shoes, people killing
people for sport or as a form of suicide, the Axis of Evil, Katrina victims,
widespread firestorms, Iraq and Afghanistan body counts and a choice of
presidential candidates that is really no choice at all.

All in the way you choose to look at things. In some ways the Hippies were
right.. but, like most anyone, they sold out to the system and the almighty
dollar in the end. And the cold war was better than the one we're in now
(and is also seemingly making a comeback), in that at least the Soviets had
more or less the same morals that we did, and placed the same importance on
the lives of at least themselves and their families. This century's crazies
don't care, whether they are Islamic extremist crazies or college and high
school student crazies.

All that aside, nobody used the words "good old days". Only "old days",
when we earned what we got, instead of expecting it to be given to us just
for the asking. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I thought that was
better.

C'est la vie.

Stay safe, John.

Old July 11th 07, 11:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:28:50 -0400, "Hagstar"
wrote:

PS- Oh, and I remember lots of hippies. They burned my dad's office at
Columbia in '68. They're driving SUVs to Wal-Mart and McDonalds and voting
GOP today. No movement has ever fizzled so completely and so clearly proved
the utter shallow self-serving hypocrisy of its members.

John H.

ya no real hippies left except me that is
Old July 11th 07, 11:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Brian Hill wrote:
back when I was learning there wasn't no tab or no internet etc.. and you
had to read music to learn a song and finding a book was few and far between
and you would sit up till all hrs of the night and day playing along with
records or the radio to learn a song and I didn't know about drop tunings
and I found all kinds of strange ways to play songs that I found out later
were in drop tuning. Yea those days made you work for it!

What is 'drop tuning'? Ken
Old July 11th 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

They're driving SUVs to Wal-Mart and McDonalds and voting
GOP today.

-
This 50+ year old hippie drives a Ford Ranger 4-cylinder gas miser, and has
never voted for a nazi.

Old July 11th 07, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Bruce Y wrote:

They're driving SUVs to Wal-Mart and McDonalds and voting
GOP today.

-
This 50+ year old hippie drives a Ford Ranger 4-cylinder gas miser, and has
never voted for a nazi.

Me either...not intentionally that is. A few I voted for didn't turn
out so well, so I worked for their opponents in the next election. I'm
driving my 30+ mpg '90 Corolla (14 years after I bought it); and
fighting the death penalty (and everything this administration stands
for, in general).

What are you up to these days, John?

jak

Remember This? Howard W3CQH Policy 9 August 26th 06 05:16 PM
Remember TheMonger CB 6 July 28th 06 10:44 PM
Remember? dxAce Shortwave 11 August 24th 04 06:54 PM
Anyone Remember This???? Donnie CB 15 October 15th 03 03:22 AM
OT - Do you remember? Keith Hosman CB 0 July 26th 03 12:18 PM