Old March 6th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Finding local college frequency.

My college uses standard two way radios that look like normal business
two-way radios. They only have like 3-4 channels. Not sure of brand
but the almost have the look of a scanner but yet it's a two-way.

I have a Uniden BR330T scanner, I try searching and using close call,
but I don't think I am getting the correct frequency. Is there a list
of two-way radio frequencies to search for or something else? Anyway
to find it with out them actually talking at the time?

Old March 6th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 6, 2:50 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:
My college uses standard two way radios that look like normal business
two-way radios. They only have like 3-4 channels. Not sure of brand
but the almost have the look of a scanner but yet it's a two-way.

I have a Uniden BR330T scanner, I try searching and using close call,
but I don't think I am getting the correct frequency. Is there a list
of two-way radio frequencies to search for or something else? Anyway
to find it with out them actually talking at the time?

Also, I forgot in my last post, repeated searches on the FCC site both
new and old database, yield no results for my college, so apparently
their frequency is not registered like the other schools in my area.

Old March 6th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 6, 2:53 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:
On Mar 6, 2:50 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:

My college uses standard two way radios that look like normal business
two-way radios. They only have like 3-4 channels. Not sure of brand
but the almost have the look of a scanner but yet it's a two-way.

I have a Uniden BR330T scanner, I try searching and using close call,
but I don't think I am getting the correct frequency. Is there a list
of two-way radio frequencies to search for or something else? Anyway
to find it with out them actually talking at the time?

Also, I forgot in my last post, repeated searches on the FCC site both
new and old database, yield no results for my college, so apparently
their frequency is not registered like the other schools in my area.

Would a school use GMRS or FRS?

Old March 6th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

what college are you looking for?

Old March 6th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 6, 5:17 pm, "Dave Ferguson" wrote:
what college are you looking for?

Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.

Old March 7th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RedPenguin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 6, 5:17 pm, "Dave Ferguson" wrote:
what college are you looking for?

Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.

You might want to ask the folks in the Pennsylvania Forum in Radio
Reference.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums...=57&order=desc

Dave

Old March 7th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 6, 3:06 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:

Also, I forgot in my last post, repeated searches on the FCC site both
new and old database, yield no results for my college, so apparently
their frequency is not registered like the other schools in my area.

Would a school useGMRSor FRS?

Neither. That's the problem. A college is a "non-individual", and as
such does not qualify for a GMRS license.

You need to look on a commercial radio database. The FCC database
should tell you something as long as the search isn't too narrow. You
may want to look in the database for any licensees in the city where
the college is located. You'll get a lot of responses; but it is more
likely you'll find the frequency.