Old May 21st 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner

Default PC speaker buzz from Cingular GSM cellphones

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
link.net...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in
message ...

"Verizon" wrote in message
This is normal. Just keep the phone away from the speakers.

No, this is NOT normal. This is stupidity on the part of whom ever came
up with the GSM standard... Any NORMAL person, business, corporation,
etc., would have properly tested for interference potential prior to
releasing or even accepting such a standard.

Yes, it is normal. The PC speakers are not bypassed for the RF the phones
generate. They save a few cents by not doing this. There is nothing
wrong with the phones.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with the phones, it's the GSM standard, like
I stated in my previous posting. I still don't believe that there is
anything 'normal' about WILLFULLY causing interference. It's not just
speakers, it's damn near everything. While I DO agree that things should be
shielded better, that's no excuse for adopting a standard that they KNEW
cause all kinds of interference. If it was something minor, sure, that
happens everyday, but this standard is a MAJOR source of interference.

With replies like yours, I would guess that BPL is OK in your book too?
It's not the fault of the internet service, it's the fault of the radio,
etc. manufacturers for not having proper shielding or filtering. Yeah
right! Sorry, your argument doesn't float with me...

Old May 22nd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
no no is offline

"Verizon" wrote in message
This is normal. Just keep the phone away from the speakers.

No, this is NOT normal. This is stupidity on the part of whom ever came
up with the GSM standard... Any NORMAL person, business, corporation,
etc., would have properly tested for interference potential prior to
releasing or even accepting such a standard.

I'm not so sure that GSM would be any different than any other cell standard
that allows communication with towers several miles away. I'm pretty sure
even an old AMPS phone would do interfere about as much, with a
different.sound. We just had less electronic junk back then to interfere
with.

By the way, "... stupididy on the part of WHOever came up with the ..."
would be more correct.