Old August 12th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Scanner programming

I have a Pro - 95 scanner - which - by way of a jack on its side - you can
hook up to another Pro-95 to duplicate the programing. I come across a
Pro-97 which "appears" to have the same capability - by virtue of a similar
jack on the side of it.

I don't have any info on the Pro-97. Does anyone know - if you could
conceivably - program a Pro-97 by way of a Pro-95? Yeah, I could try it, but
don't want to risk damaging either - or deprogramming either as they
currently stand. Also, if it is possible to duplicate the 95 onto the 97 -
what on the Pro-97 - would be the commands to do so? I can't recall off the
top of my head the Pro-95 commands - but have the book here for it - to look
up as needed. Are they the same - or?

Thanks!

Old August 13th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

The answer is NO, you cannot clone a PRO-95 to a PRO-97.

These scanners "clone" from one to another by sending the memory map of
one to the other. The formats of the memory maps in the two models are
different, and the cloning process will not work.

Old August 13th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

That - is why I asked! I kinda thought it would be "too" easy! I have no
book or anything for the Pro 97, so you know how that goes! Time to start
letting my fingers get accustomed to the key pad.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Old August 13th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Radiosrfun wrote:

I have a Pro - 95 scanner - which - by way of a jack on its side - you
can hook up to another Pro-95 to duplicate the programing. I come across
a Pro-97 which "appears" to have the same capability - by virtue of a
similar jack on the side of it.

You can copy the settings/ channel from one to the other using external
softwa for example Win97 and Win95 from Starrsoft
http://www.starrsoft.com/. As far as I know you'd need to have both
programs on your computer, however both programs are available for a
30-day trial period. You'd download the pro-95 settings to Win95, then
you can easily copy-and-paste them into the Win97 file and upload the
resulting file to the Pro-97.

I'll bet if you explain what you want to do on the RadioReference
software forum: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89

you'll get all the help you need.

Northe
N6KO
Green Valley AZ
Old August 13th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Northe" wrote in message
Radiosrfun wrote:

[...]

Actually, it's no big deal. I got the scanner - and seen the jack on the
side of it - wondered if the clone could be done from the PRO 95-97 -
instead of programming in all the freqs by hand. My PRO - 95 is programmed
already - was just looking to maybe save some time.

Thanks!

Old August 14th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

:
:I don't have any info on the Pro-97. Does anyone know - if you could
:conceivably - program a Pro-97 by way of a Pro-95? Yeah, I could try it, but
:don't want to risk damaging either - or deprogramming either as they
:currently stand. Also, if it is possible to duplicate the 95 onto the 97 -
:what on the Pro-97 - would be the commands to do so? I can't recall off the
:top of my head the Pro-95 commands - but have the book here for it - to look
:up as needed. Are they the same - or?
:
:Thanks!

Don't know about the Pro 95 but my local Radio Shack guys have cloned
a Pro97 by a Pro96 and visa versa.
Old August 14th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

wrote:

[...]

I might give our local shack a call tomorrow to see if they have anything
going on to make this job a tad quicker. Programming a 1000 freqs, gets a
bit tiresome.

Thanks

Old August 15th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message
That - is why I asked! I kinda thought it would be "too" easy! I
have no book or anything for the Pro 97, so you know how that goes!

Did you know that the manual is available online from Radio Shack?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...rt&tab=support

--
Paul Hirose
To reply by email remove INVALID

Old August 15th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:55:55 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
wrote:

:That - is why I asked! I kinda thought it would be "too" easy! I have no
:book or anything for the Pro 97, so you know how that goes! Time to start
:letting my fingers get accustomed to the key pad.

Here ya go.

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscann...unking_systems

Old August 15th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:38:22 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
wrote:

. ..
: wrote:
:
: :I have a Pro - 95 scanner - which - by way of a jack on its side - you
: can
: :hook up to another Pro-95 to duplicate the programing. I come across a
: :Pro-97 which "appears" to have the same capability - by virtue of a
: similar
: :jack on the side of it.
: :
[...]

The guys at my RS connected a cloning cable between the Pro 97 and Pro
96. I don't know if they used any software such as the Win 96/97
software to do the files transfer. I have both the Win 96 and 97
programs and they are well worth the price of both.

Here's an online manual for the Pro97 which is far better than the one
that came with the scanner.

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscann...unking_systems