Old July 30th 08, 01:16 AM
Junior Member

Default WI DOT's late night comedy show. :))

Ok, so for the last four nights, starting about 4 days ago, a group of guys have been goofing off on 154.57000 - a frequency SUPPOSEDLY in use by the WI dept. of transportation.

Dirty limricks, sing-alongs,wise cracks, you name it they're doing it. )

It generally starts about 11pm, for those of you who want to check it out yourselves.

I got some of it recorded - though because I can't pause my recorder there's long gaps of silence (also missed the best of it )

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52ow2w
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k42i52

The weird thing is, that this only happens "after dark". During the day, the frequency is deader than a doornail.
Old August 4th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Jul 29, 8:16*pm, MegaForce
wrote:
Ok, so for the last four nights, starting about 4 days ago, a group of
guys have been goofing off on 154.57000 - a frequency SUPPOSEDLY in use
by the WI dept. of transportation.

154.700 MHZ is a CB frequency.

which stands for "Citizens Band"

yes, the wi dept. pf transportation is allowed to use it, but why are
they using a cb frequency if they don't want to be
bothered by cbers?

The other people you hear are also allowed to use it also.

Look up "murs radio"

Old August 4th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Ok, so for the last four nights, starting about 4 days ago, a group of
guys have been goofing off on 154.57000 - a frequency SUPPOSEDLY in use
by the WI dept. of transportation.

154.57000 MHZ is a CB frequency.

which stands for "Citizens Band"

yes, the wi dept. pf transportation is allowed to use it, but why are
they using a cb frequency if they don't want to be
bothered by cbers?

The other people you hear are also allowed to use it also.

Look up "murs radio"

The frequency is a CB frequency.

Old August 5th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52ow2w...om/file/k42i52

--
MegaForce

Old August 5th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Jul 29, 7:16*pm, MegaForce
wrote:
Ok, so for the last four nights, starting about 4 days ago, a group of
guys have been goofing off on 154.57000 - a frequency SUPPOSEDLY in use
by the WI dept. of transportation.

Dirty limricks, sing-alongs,wise cracks, you name it they're doing it.
)

It generally starts about 11pm, for those of you who want to check it
out yourselves.

I got some of it recorded - though because I can't pause my recorder
there's long gaps of silence (also missed the best of it )

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52ow2w...om/file/k42i52

The weird thing is, that this only happens "after dark". During the
day, the frequency is deader than a doornail.

--
MegaForce

sounds like they were having a lot of fun but thats what the MURS
band is for what they were doing wasnt illegal any one can do the same
thing.
john:

Old August 11th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

in some area,s it sounds like cb the 5 channels allocated for MURS are
151.82 151.88 151.940 154.570 154.60
you are actually allowed to put up an outside antenna and run up to 2
watts which on that band will go pretty far. put those 5 freqs in your
scanner and listen you might here some more people having some fun
right in your own town.