Old July 7th 03, 04:14 AM
John

ARC250PRO has audiorecording/logging and gives you 200 extended search
ranges, it logs in a history file so you can leave it running all day.
Scancat it total crap.

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
news:3F086168.9020405@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com...

John wrote:
Big mistake, for these scanners you need butels ARc250 from

scannermaster.

I have looked at the Butel before buying Scancat. It appeared the
Scancat had a
better 'search' and 'Survelience' modes with its audio recording. This
is the
ONLY real function I wanted Scancat for as I do not use software to do
normal scanning
or programming as I have written my own software for programming (which
does a much
better job than ScanCat)....

So far I'm not too happy.

Just for the hell of it last night I tried to program in a trunk system
using
ScanCat. When programming the BC250D it screwed up EVERY talkgroup!
They were
correct in teh ScanCat software but when writing them to the scanner
it wrote everyone as 00-013!

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old July 9th 03, 09:04 PM
That Other George

Hey George http://webpages.charter.net/moment/scancat.htm and it didn't
even feel good did it?? hahahaha Try the TrunkStar it's a ton better and
the best part is it's half the price :-) And Sam is just a phone call away.

I don't no why your not reselling 1/2 the software out there??? With your
web-site you should be selling the Signal Intelligence and the BuTel stuff
:-) You getting lazy in your old age??

GeorgeF wrote in
news:3F0753AC.1050904@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com:

Only one word describes Scancat....Yuck. I had the old DOS version,
and
it was ok, but both Windows versions I had were total disasters.

BDK

Well it looks like the Windows version is nothing more that what we in
the computer programming field call a "basterized windows version".
Heck I spend $159.00 on a program and you only can save file names 8
characters long!

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

--
That Other George

Please send your spam to:

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/winjunk.htm
Old July 15th 03, 02:20 AM
dalmac

Its so simple to make your own Diskcone antenna especially a 6 or 8 element
one and costs only a few dollars.

Old July 29th 03, 08:39 PM
That Other George

No you need TrunkStar785D for the Uniden® BC250D & BC785D
http://www.scanstar.com/products/trunkstar785.htm
And the best part about this software, it works, wowya now theirs a
concept!!!

"John" wrote in
:

Old August 2nd 03, 02:11 PM
That Other George

Burr wrote in :

Would you please send me their Names and URLs ?

Signal Intelligence http://www.scanstar.com/

Old August 5th 03, 03:31 PM
That Other George

No you need Signal Intelligence: TrunkStar7805D™ is a high-performance,
full-featured software package for Uniden® BC785D and BC250D digital
trunking scanners. Data management and operational control over the scanner
is provided http://www.scanstar.com/products/trunkstar785.htm

:-)

Old August 9th 03, 01:31 PM
That Other George

Just likt the non-fixed upgrades and bugs from Butel, they are also free.

"John" wrote in
:

sure and the non fixed bugs are free..

No you need Signal Intelligence: TrunkStar7805DT is a high-performance,