Old November 22nd 03, 04:37 PM
Frank

^ "FAE LLV#11" m...
^ Frank, I have the software for the pro95 but not sure
^ how to use all the features...

HarryC ...
^ I think this web site might help you. It helped get
^ me through many things on the Pro-95.
^ http://marksscanners.home.att.net/95-1.html

That should do it. The software (WIN95.EXE) should be easy to operate if you
understand how to operate the radio.

You can skip the SETTINGS tab for now. Most of those settings are OK in their
default configuration or they are things that you will be changing when you
use the radio in a normal manner.

You can also skip all the other tabs for now except CHANNELS. Here are some
brief instructions for the CHANNELS tab:

LEFT HALF OF DISPLAY
BANK: changes the tab to the bank you wish to work on at the time.

NAME: A label for the bank that helps you to remember what is in the bank.

CLOSED: Applies only to trunking. When checked, the only talk groups that
will be listened to are those that are listed in the talk group list at the
bottom right and are not locked out. If this is not checked then all talk
groups will be listened to.

TYPE: EDACS, MOTOROLA, or CONVENTIONAL. EDACS for a bank that contains EDACS
trunking frequencies, CONV for a bank that contains only normal frequencies.
Normal frequencies can also be used in a bank set to EDACS or MOT.

FREQUENCY LIST: Here's an example:

0.00000 FM D A L
866.31250 EDACS
866.81250 EDACS
867.31250 EDACS
868.31250 EDACS
867.81250 EDACS
854.96250 EDACS
868.81250 EDACS
854.96250 EDACS
CALCORD 156.07500 FM X

RIGHT HALF OF DISPLAY
Skip all the Motorola stuff.

CLEAR TRUNK INFO: Empties the trunk ID box below.

0-4 ON/OFF: A trunking bank can have 100 talk group IDs and they are listed
to the right in groups of 20. The buttons 0-4 change the list to that
particular group of 20. The check box to the right of each number (0-4)
serves as a general lock-out for the entire group if not checked.

DEC/HEX/AFS: Select which number format you will be using for talk group IDs:
decimal, hexadecimal, or agency/fleet/subsystem. These number formats all
convert to the same value, they are only different ways the number can be
entered and displayed. For example these are all the same:

Dec: 0273
Hex: 111
AFS: 02-021

Frank

Old November 22nd 03, 10:53 PM
FAE LLV#11

HARRY , Thanks for that website that put everything in perspective so
to speak. I'm still looking some info on the software win95. Most of
my programing is done. With the website you gave me I can do it on the
scanner and with the right cable I can upload to the computer to
better understand the program.

Thanks again, Bryan

"HarryC" wrote in message ...
I think this web site might help you. It helped get me through many things
on the Pro-95.
http://marksscanners.home.att.net/95-1.html
Harryc
--
"FAE LLV#11" wrote in message
m...
Frank, I have the software for the pro95 but not sure how to use all
the features......could not find an instruction manual......maybe you
dont need one.....or i'm to stupid to figure this stuff out.

Bryan

"Frank" wrote in message

news:01c3b01f$74f4c960$0125250a@locdgizlysgbksrm ...
FAE LLV#11 .. .

^ I have Elsinore area programmed in and the control channel
^ pops up at different times with a lot of static. I expect it
^ is when they transmit to the MDT.

MDT/MDC data is transmitted on the other frequencies the same as voice

is but
the radio doesn't normally send it to audio. MDT/MDC data is not

transmitted
on the control channel so you would either be hearing control data on

the
control channel or MDT/MDC data on a data channel.

^ Is there a way to keep it quiet?

You shouldn't be getting that noise and I don't know what it is so I

can't
answer.

Try entering one of the other subsystems in another bank. Hopefully,

with the
experience you gain by entering the second subsystem, this will help you
figure out what is wrong.

It is worth it to make or buy a serial interface for the radio and to
download the freeware program that Don Starr wrote (WIN93.EXE).

Frank

Old November 24th 03, 06:46 AM
FAE LLV#11

"Frank" wrote in message news:01c3b01f$74f4c960$0125250a@locdgizlysgbksrm ...
FAE LLV#11 .. .

^ I have Elsinore area programmed in and the control channel
^ pops up at different times with a lot of static. I expect it
^ is when they transmit to the MDT.

MDT/MDC data is transmitted on the other frequencies the same as voice is but
the radio doesn't normally send it to audio. MDT/MDC data is not transmitted
on the control channel so you would either be hearing control data on the
control channel or MDT/MDC data on a data channel.

^ Is there a way to keep it quiet?

I found out what the static is......The pro95 doesn't like to use the
priority channel when there is trunk tracking involved. I found this
info on another website. I like to listen to fire dispatch as my
priority but also like to listen to the SO on 800. Would like to find
a way around the static to listen to both.

Bryan

Old November 24th 03, 08:10 PM
Tim ODonnell

I found this to be true only when monitoring EDACS systems the MOT systems
do not seem to be affected. I gotta tell ya that static is awful.

Tim

"FAE LLV#11" wrote in message
m...

Old November 25th 03, 03:01 AM
FAE LLV#11

"Tim ODonnell" wrote in message ...

ok so how do I get rid of it....there has got to be a way! I cant
believe RS would build such a piece of equipment that would do that?

Bryan

I found this to be true only when monitoring EDACS systems the MOT
systems
do not seem to be affected. I gotta tell ya that static is awful.

Tim

"FAE LLV#11" wrote in message
m...

Old November 25th 03, 10:59 AM
Frank

FAE LLV#11 .. .

^ ok so how do I get rid of it....there has got to be a way!
^ I cant believe RS would build such a piece of equipment
^ that would do that?

The instruction manual says that the priority feature cannot be used with
trunking.

Frank

Old November 25th 03, 12:29 PM
Tim ODonnell

Frank,

To me that means that I cannot monitor a trunked Frequency as Primary. This
seems to make sense as you are really letting the trunked system pick the
frequency. However I monitor the weather as Primary, and when I monitor MOT
systems like here at home it is no problem. However, when I drive up the
road into an EDACS area the static after each transmission is unbearable.
When I turn of the Primary monitoring the static stops. Its an easy fix.

Tim

news:01c3b343$37c7af40$0125250a@jbwsigbmppfzxdwd.. .